“nice stay overall” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“nice stay overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on business. The location of this hotel was great, close to downtown and the interstate. The service and staff were very friendly and accommodating. I always prefer to stay at Embassy Suites for the service, nice 2 room suites, and breakfast etc. and this location was no exception. The pool area was nice along with the fitness center as well. The beds were also very comfortable. The only downfall to this place is that it is in need of a renovation. While my room and the hotel overall was clean, there were a lot of signs of wear and tear. The decor of the rooms were somewhat dated as well. With that aside, I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be returning next time I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Columbia, SC. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. In the near future we will be doing some modifications to our suites. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Florence, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

During busy times at hotel, staff should expect things to run out, and plan accordingly. (ie: extra pillows, towels, pack and play) I don't want to deal with these little things. However the bellman service was EXCELLENT! Simon especially was wonderful to us and took us anywhere we wanted.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I would like to apologize about not having extra pillows, blankets and a pack-n-play in your suite. I ensure you that this will not happen again. I will pass along your positive comments to our bellmen Simon. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here with family during the July 4th weekend. I must say that we had a great time. We enjoyed the nightly managers reception and would recommend Jeff's Special #2 if he is working the bar. The breakfast was o.k. This is my 2nd time staying at the hotel and the last review I wrote for it was pretty bad due to some noise that was going on at the hotel. This time it was completely different. There was no noise coming from the hotel, the bed was comfortable and dinners at the hotel were delicious. The only request I could make is for the hotel to have a TV Guide channel so that you can see what is on television instead of having to flip through all of the channels in order to find something to watch. Other than that it was a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you staying with us during your visit to Columbia, SC. I am glad you enjoyed our Manager's Reception and our cook-to-order complimentary breakfast buffet. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.
Ellenwood, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was in Columbia with my daughter and her friend to attend a concert downtown. I called in advance to inquire about checking in early, they were able to accommodate us. Upon first entering the room it was nice. However, my daughter entered the bathroom and found a towel on the counter with hair and makeup on it. We were in a rush to change clothes to make our event, so I did not address it with hotel mgmt. The bathroom was clean otherwise. The Manager's evening reception was not up to the standard of other Embassy Suites we've stayed it. They only served snack mix and veggies with dip, no hot food items. The beds were nice, we slept well in them. We were in room 612.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us while attending the concert in Columbia, SC. I would like to apologize abour the cleanliness of your suite and your Manager's Reception experience. I ensure you that your room cleanliness issue will not occur again. We will also revisit our Manager's Reception to see what we can improve on. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a tennis tournament in Cayce. The easy access to the highway made it very convenient. Hilton had an offer to get a room with a combination of points and money which made it a great value for use of Hilton points.

I was told by management that this property was the first Embassy suites constructed on the east coast do the double rooms only have double beds. They can not convert to two queen beds for the rooms. The management also told us that they will remodeling and updating the common areas and carpeting this summer/ fall. This update is needed badly. The rooms also need new carpet as well. The property does allow for smoking and unfortunately, the rooms do have a unique stale smell to them. I dont know if it is the cleaners or years of smoking allowed in the hotel rooms.

The breakfast is very nice, cook to order eggs, etc. The managers happy hour is also very nice. This particular weekend, there were several family reunions and a wedding so the happy hour was a zoo on Friday, better on Saturday night. The happy hour on Sunday since the hotel was near empty with primarily business travelers, the happy hour was in the bar area. They also had some additional snacks not served on Friday or Saturday. We watched the US OPen golf and had a very nice time. The property manager even offered to buy my son a complimentary pizza since he had played in his tennis tournament. Again, great service.

I hope Embassy Suites corporate will consider doing a major updo of the rooms and property and I think it would significantly improve the experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us for your tennis tournament. I am glad you and your family were able to enjoy the US Open during our Manager's Reception. We appreciate your feedback and we are working on the areas noted. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.
Charleston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Being somewhat introverted I tend to enjoy spending more time than most in my room. Needless to say, a room with a view is prime to me. I have to admit the view of the parking lot could have been a lot worst, but to be given a room with a view of the river with out asking or just by asking would have made my stay Excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Columbia, SC. We appreciate your feedback and I assure you during your next visit we will give you a room with a view. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.
Charleston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have stayed here before and was very disappointed in my last stay. Let me first say that the service was great, everyone we encountered could not have been friendlier. Also the food was excellent. The hotel needs work, the carpet is filthy throughout, the room smelled of mold, the towels were stale smelling and rough, bugs in the room, smudges of God knows what on the walls, dirty shower. The nightly reception is a joke, breakfast is still good. But the most frustrating is that you have to pay for wi-fi. WTW?? In this day and age? I put all my HH information in and came to the end only to find out that I would still need to pay. These hotels are not cheap, I would be fine with these conditions if the prices were 1/2 of what they are, but they are on the pricey side and I expect more, basically I just expect them to be clean and comfortable, which they were not. We will not stay here again and unfortunately I think the days of always staying at an Embassy Suites Hotel are over.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I would like to apologize about your recent experience. We are currently offering Hilton Honors Guest complimentary WIFI. Thank you for your feeback and we will work on the areas noted. We hope that you will stay with us again during your next visit to the area.

Been to Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone? Share your experiences!