“Surprised at the quality.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Augusta
“Surprised at the quality.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had read reviews after booking this hotel and was slightly apprehensive about our stay; however I was pleasantly surprised. We arrived early at check-in, realizing that the room wouldn't be ready. When I approached the check in counter, the clerk informed me that I couldn't check in or complete any paperwork until the room was complete. Every other hotel I've stayed in, one could check in just not go to the room. Despite this, we went about our day in Columbia. We returned later and checked in with a different clerk who was much more pleasant and helpful. My two children were enthralled with the size of the entire and the fountain. We went to our room on the second room and the girls continued to be amazed, it was a suite!! Never having been in one before, they were thrilled. We hit the pool next, being indoors was a huge plus as it was forecasted to snow. The pool included a hot tub as well. This area was not well kept, with towels all over the place and the bathrooms dirty. The girls had plenty of room in the pool despite it being crowded.
The manager's reception was ok; slightly crowded but they had some healthy veggies to hold us over for dinner.
Room service was great, tasty, decent prices and quick. They even called to inquire about the quality of the meal.
At bedtime, I was quite concerned that it would be noisy due to the design of the hotel; however the bedroom was quite and the blackout curtains were amazing. The bed was soft and linens clean. The pull out bed was great for children. The bathroom toiletries were nice as well.
Breakfast the next morning had a good variety. We did not have the omelette, they appeared popular as the line was long. The kids had happy bellies for another round of swimming. I appreciated the late check out of 1200.

I would all around give this a good experience.

I would say they tend to get very crowded, with their banquet type facilities making it difficult to get an elevator. It is a very large hotel with that means lots of people.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Columbia area. We appreciate your feeback and we will definitely work on the areas you have noted in your comments. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is your typical Embassy Suites: has the happy hour, etc. Nice thing about this hotel is it's right next to the zoo, and about 10 minutes from the museums. I travel a lot for my job, and this embassy has about the best breakfast. Grits are great!!! I've stayed here quite a bit for both business and family travel. Never disappointed. Only down side is it's a bit pricer than other hotels in the area, but I think it's worth the extra $$ for what you get.

Room Tip: try for a corner suite.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Columbia, SC. For future reference we do offer a Columbia Zoo and an Edventure Museum Room Package. We appreciate your positive feeback and look forward to your next visit.
GREENWOOD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

we got there before check in time and our room was ready the hotel staff was very nice made was fell right at home room was big housekepping staff was very nice
i was so impreess by this hotel i am planninig my wedding here

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our hotel during valentines weekend. We appreaciate your positive feedback and look forward to hosting your wedding. We will definitely share your comments with our staff.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a great hotel for a family. They were very accommodating with our family that included 10 children. We had several rooms and they were able to get us connecting rooms for two of them, which was very helpful. Wonderful breakfast was included, and kids really enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The evening happy hour was nice for a glass of wine to unwind from a long car trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Columbia, SC. I am glad you and your family enjoyed their stay and we hope to see you again during your next trip to Columbia, SC.
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

A good hotel for a good value. The rooms could use a makeover/updating. But they were clean and quiet. I enjoyed the evening reception and cook to order breakfast was quite nice.
Good ambience. The beds were comfortable and clean. It was quiet so I enjoyed a good
night of rest. The staff was friendly. Located close to the freeways. Free internet for Hilton Honors members!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Columbia area. We appreciate your postive feeback regarding the cleanliness of your suite and the friendliness of our staff. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.
Greenville, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I enjoy Embassy Suites because of the size of their rooms, the free managers reception and the free breakfast.

Unfortunately on this trip neither aspect was very up to par.

The room was nice and clean and the regular bed and sofa bed were comfortable.

One issues is that from our living room we could hear a rumbling noise that lasted 3 - 5 seconds and occurred about every minute.

Also from the living room you could hear the sound of the waterfall and light from the atrium showed around the door.

It was impossible to sleep with that noise.

From the bedroom we heard the train passing twice. Of course it was blaring its horn which was also a disruption. I literally got no sleep. I left the hotel at 7 a.m. and didn't even bother with the breakfast.

At the managers reception the drinks were watered down.

We went down to the restaurant for dinner. The Cobb Salad was delicious and fresh. The vodka tasted like rubbing alcohol and they wanted $18.48 for a shot of Patron. I knew that a few exits down I could get the same thing for $9 so I didn't order it.

My friend had the sampler platter and his loaded potato wedges and chicken were dry to say the least.

I really expected more for my money and Embassy Suites has always been a favorite of my family, but after this experience, I will not visit this location again.

SN: You are right across the street from a WaffleHouse and gas station. Besides a couple of attractions there is nothing else to do on this road.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I would like to apologize about your restaurant experience and noise issues during your stay with us. We want to make sure all guest are satisfied and we apologize that we did not make that happen for you. Please give us a call and we will make this right for you.
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had two ajoining rooms. The made to order Omlettes for breakfast were wonderful. There were two female attendenants on duty who were extremely attentive and friendly. We also enjoyed the generous drinks and snacks for both adults and kids during happy hour. The rooms were spacious and clean. The front staff was very friendly.

Negative: The Omlette Chef really didn't seem to want to be there, we seemed to be bothering him. The amount of chlorine in the pool made swimming in the pool unbearable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Columbia, SC. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again during your next visit. We appreciate your feedback and we will take appropriate action in those areas.

Been to Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone? Share your experiences!