“Always Great!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Always Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was our third stay and it was as nice as it has always been. Clean comfortable rooms, great water pressure in shower, delicious morning breakfast buffet, and friendly helpful staff. We'll be back!!

Room Tip: All rooms seem well situated.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel could stand for some remodeling - looking dated - the room however was clean. The rate included breakfast, a standard buffet - nothing special. The positive - bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet, with a centralized air conditioning unit - not one of those noisy window units. I slept as good as a person could sleep in a foreign room and bed. Check in/out was easy and convenient.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us during you visit to Columbia, SC. We are looking to do some upgrading and remodeling in the upcoming year. We appreciate you feedback and look forward to your next visit.
Grovetown, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I absolutely LOVE the Embassy! This one did not fall short in any way. It was absolutely beautiful; staff was great, room was great, breakfast was great. The room was nice and the lobby was stunning. The location was awesome; it was away from the busy traffic, yet right off of the interstate. It was within a few moments of the major roads in Columbia. This was just a "pleasure" trip, so we didn't have anything in particular planned. I am already planning my next visit there!

Room Tip: This is should be your place of choice!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to the Columbia area. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.
India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is multistory hotel & I must say the rooms are HUGE. The suite that I got had 2 big rooms with a nice couch to relax & enjoy the TV. As mentioned in the title the hotel has manager’s reception every evening & serves alcohol, cocktails for free every evening from 5 pm to 7 pm. The hotel serves a decent all American breakfast with make to order hot omelets (I love it). The hotel has small restaurant however I did not liked the quality of the food. The hotel has adequate parking space however generally during weekends you’ll find it difficult to get a parking space as the hotel will have some or other function going on & the lobby as such will be overcrowded with people (some people may not like this). The hotel as such is very old & it needs serious renovation. This hotel is near to riverbank zoo & has a free shuttle to zoo so in case your motive is to visit the zoo while you’re in Columbia, this will be an ideal place for you. However if it’s a shopping in your mind then this hotel may not be a great choice as this hotel is away from shopping complexes & other restaurants.

Bottom line, go for it if you have riverbank zoo visit & manager’s reception every evening in your mind!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites during your visit to the Columbia area. I am glad you enjoyed your suite and our Manager's Reception every evening. We are currently in discussions for upgrading certain aspects of the hotel. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Check in was smooth but had a problem with my room on the first night of my stay. Now my story..I travel for business and work very long hours. And all I want and need is a clean and quiet environment. On my first night off stay in encountered a severe water leak in my bathroom. Stumbled out of bed to notice my clothes which I left on the floor saturated with wetness. I then took a shower to find a pond on the floor. I headed to the front desk to make a complaint and the front desk attendant was so nice and changed my room. I was so happy until I worked from 8am to 9pm and to return to my room to go to asleep. Just to find out my room was located above a ballroom with an rent happening that contained loud bass and music. Needless to say I did not get a good night sleep. My room also smelled of wet dog, the Oder was so bad. I woke up the next morning to find a cock roach in my bathroom tote bag. I glassed up the critter an proceeded back to the front desk to complain again! I approached the front desk with my complaint, the front desk clerk didn't even know what kind of bug I had in the glass. I asked her if she could have someone spray my room to kill any other critters as well as the awful smell. I returned to my room after a long day just to find my request was not fulfilled. I am really upset with my stay and foresee not returning.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations. I will communicate your issues with our houskeeping and engineering staff to ensure that this will not happen again. I would also like to apologize for the level of service you received from our staff as well. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you for your comments; I appreciate your honest feedback.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

The wide range of breakfast options, available at no additional charge were the only redeeming quality for this hotel. Discerning business travelers would be well served to find another option. I wouldn't choose to stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Columbia, SC. We appreciate your feedback and apologies that you did not enjoy your stay. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Palm Bay, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed for one night with my wife and 2 young daughters. For starters one elevator wasn't working and the other one was hit or miss. Tried to put the kids to bed on the sleeper sofa only to find out there were not extra pillows or blankets in the room. Had to call the front desk twice and wait 1.5 hours to get the pillows and blankets. Will not be staying again. Probably go to the Homewood suites down the road.

Stayed October 2012
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the inconveniences. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Please give us a call and we will make this right for you.

Been to Embassy Suites Columbia - Greystone? Share your experiences!