“Place to crash (with a bulldozer)” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Columbia
Days Inn Columbia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   133 Plumbers Rd, Columbia, SC 29203   |
Ranked #57 of 92 hotels in Columbia
“Place to crash (with a bulldozer)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is quite possibly the worst hotel stay I've ever had my life. I felt more comfortable 20 years ago when I was homeless living on the street . It did have a natural appeal to it with all the bugs in the room. After a 12 hour drive the last thing I wanted to see was a filthy room. When we got there a refrigerator didn't work, the bathroom looked hideous, and your feet felt sticky on the carpet. The manager was helpful in replacing the refrigerator, but overall it just wasn't worth it . The outside was kept unclean . At 2 o'clock in the morning a hooker and knocked on my door and asked if I would like her service. When I told her I was with my wife and kid she said she wouldn't charge extra. People that were upstairs decided at 230 in the morning to start their wrestling match. This place was so horrible that even my dog was scared.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
St. Helena Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is in a secluded area that is sort of difficult to find if not paying close attention. Checked into this Days Inn on Bush River and the 1st thing we are greeted with was a housekeeper walking around barefoot.!!! At least I think she was a worker. Wth??? The room upon entrance was not bad but still in serious need of an upgrade. The only thing updated in the unit is the flat screen tv mounted on the wall that still has all the plastic and stickers on it straight out of the box. The bathroom was partially cleaned as the first thing I found were long strands if black hair from the previous guest. I came armed with my cleaning supplies and deodorizers so immediately I went to cleaning to make this place feel a little comfy for the days we had to be in it. I admit the beds were comfortable to both me and my mom. Hopefully next time we return this place will have had some improvements. Not many restaurants in the area to choose from, so I ended up venturing over to Broad River to find restaurants I enjoyed eating from.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Ok my husband and I had this awful room the night before at another Days Inn and I was dead set on not stepping my foot back into another Days Inn if I could help it but, low and behold my mother and aunt. They came up from Georgia to see my son graduate and was going to stay at this Days Inn. Well my aunt was telling me to come look at the room and when I got to their room it was nice, clean and very roomy. So after the graduation my husband and I went to get a room for us and my son's girlfriedn where my mother and aunt were staying and It was nice. The gentleman and his girlfield that cleaned our rooms the entire time we were there were very nice. The location of the hotel is pretty good we venture out alot and explored Columbia and being the hotel was right off the interstate we had no trouble finding it. I have nothing bad at all to say about this hotel it was nice. If I had to say anything bad about the hotel it would be the owner he was a look creepy looking and stared at people when they or he walked by it was weird for me. Oh yea and the lady that was at the front desk was very nice also.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!