“Great Place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia Northwest

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia Northwest to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia Northwest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   347 Zimalcrest Drive, Columbia, SC 29210 (Formerly Hotel Zimalcrest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #28 of 92 hotels in Columbia
Piedmont
“Great Place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Good location to get into the city. Very nice room with sitting area. Good breakfast and very pleasant staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Mike I, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia Northwest, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing the Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest as your hotel of choice for your accommodations needs. The management and staff sincerely appreciate your business and the kind comments your provided regarding your experience at our hotel. We look forward to having you as our guests the next time your travels bring you to the Columbia area.

306 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

When's the last time you stayed at a hotel and it not only didn't have a fridge but also no microwave. Most of the rooms had neither and if they were available, you might get to switch rooms that have fridge. None of the rooms I stayed in had microwave. With that said, the only bright spot was the complimentary breakfast that was cooked not microwaved. Pillows were uncomfortable and fire alarms were almost a daily wake up alarm.

• Stayed February 2013
I want thank you for choosing the Baymont Inn & Suites for your accommodations needs while visiting Columbia. I appreciate your candid comments regarding your experience at our hotel. Feedback from our guests is instrumental in assisting us in identifying areas in which we need to improve so that we are able to take the necessary actions to make these improvements. I apologize for any shortcomings in our services you may have experienced during your stay with us. I can assure you that our levels of service are at a much higher level than what you experienced during your stay. Your comments have been discussed with our management team and we will strive to make improvements in the areas in which we did not meet your expectations. Thank you, again, for your comments. Your assistance in helping us improve is very much appreciated.
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I booked this hotel for February 4 - 6, 2013. The hotel lobby is old but tidy. Once you are provided a room key, you are instructed to park your car on the side of the hotel nearest your room (parking is only available on the side and rear of the hotel). The parking area is very dark and obscured by trees. If you are a female traveling alone (as I was) this is a huge safety concern. Also, if you value your life or belongings,in general, this may be of concern to you.

The room I was provided was tidy. However, the free Wi-fi was a joke and did not work at all. I ended up having to spend some time on the phone with the Help desk in order to obtain Wi-fi service for the provided room!

My biggest gripe with this hotel, however, is that the fire alarm was activated on 2 separate days that I stayed here. The first one was "planned" although staff gave no warning...so guests
scrambled downstairs with their belongings only for a very rude staff member to inform us that it wasn't a real fire alarm. The second fire alarm was activated at 6:00 a.m. on the day I was due to checkout...that's right on my long travel day I was rudely awakened by a blaring fire alarm that went off for 10 minutes. I had to quickly grab all my belongings and run downstairs! Again, I was informed rudely by the staff that it was a false alarm. Note that staff did not answer calls to the lobby to determine whether alarm was real/false. False alarm at 6:00 a.m.! I am typing this now at 7:00 a.m. on 2/6/13 because I have been unable to get back to sleep despite my long travel day ahead.

If you are looking for rest and/or a safe trip, I would suggest staying elsewhere. Not impressed!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mike I, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia Northwest, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at the Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Northwest. Your candid comments will help us to improve in the areas in which our services were lacking. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us and can assure you that the issues you described in your comments are being addressed by our management team and you will see a marked improvement in our services moving forward. Our normal levels of service our much higher than what you experienced and were obviously not being well delivered during your stay. I am positive that you will have a much better experience should you choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you to Columbia. We sincerely hope that you will allow us the opportunity to demonstrate our normally great service. Thank you, again, for your comments as this allows us the opportunity to continually improve to better serve all our guests.
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently on a special deal and were pleasantly surprised. The check in was very pleasant and the room was clean and up to date. The staff was courteous especially the young man on the desk on the night shift who helped us when we had technical issues with the on line movies. The hotel is convenient to the local attractions and is right off highways 26 and 20. It is a little off the beaten track but is a good value that includes a decent hot complementary breakfast. It is no longer part of the Marriott Brand but we would stay again. They are working hard to bring the hotel back up to excellent standards after the Marriott pulled its name. It is nicer than the downtown Marriott for the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We want to thank you for choosing the Baymont Inn & Suites for your accommodations needs while in Columbia. We sincerely appreciate your business and are happy that you found your stay with us to be an enjoyable experience. We are looking forward to serving you again when your travels bring you to Columbia.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was my second time staying at this Courtyard. The landscaping is nicely kept, interiors are typical for a Courtyard and well maintained. It is conveniently located off the highway. Area seemed a little sketchy but no big deal.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Ended up in Columbia SC on a weather diverted flight to Atlanta after 8 hours in a small airport. The staff couldn't have been nicer and more accommodating. We stood at the desk at 1:00 am, wet, tired and hungry with a voucher but they treated us like royalty. It is only 15 minutes from the airport with a shuttle service so it is convenient and well worth the overnight stay for a weary traveller.
We received free breakfast for our trouble and it was delicious.

• Stayed July 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed there with my husband and three children overnight on my way to the beach. We stayed in a nicely sized suite, but the housekeeping left a lot to be desired. There was an old soda can next to the bed when we checked into the room and, during the night, we saw three cockroaches crawling around the bathroom floor. When we told management about it the next day, their response was, "Well, the room must have bugs." The outdoor pool had not been cleaned in awhile and the bottom of the pool was loaded with debris, dirt and dead insects.

Breakfast was not included with the room as is usual with most Courtyards these days and we had to pay for a breakfast that was little more than a standard continental breakfast offered for free at most hotels. We would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia Northwest? Share your experiences!