“Nice place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia Northwest

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia Northwest to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia Northwest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   347 Zimalcrest Drive, Columbia, SC 29210 (Formerly Hotel Zimalcrest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #28 of 92 hotels in Columbia
“Nice place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012 via mobile

The room very clean and spacious. The decor was nice and modern. The carpet appeared to be fairly new, didn't notice any stains or gum. Bathroom was immaculate. I was amazed. Beds were neat and tidy, linens smelled freshly laundered, again I was amazed. The flat screen LG tv was sharp and clear. The desk space was just right and very clean. Even the curtains were spotless. I did finally find one spot on the desk chair. I'm still amazed at how meticulously clean the room was! I'm definitely staying here again! I'm asking for the same room again too.

• Stayed February 2012

306 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Nice hotel, not on the new Courtyard lobby, but certainly in good order. As other reviewers have noted, there’s a dining establishment across the street which is, shall we say, not for everybody. The Mgr on Duty advised me to not plan on dinner there, and happily arranged for transport over to the Doubletree, where I had a very nice, reasonably priced meal.

My office was close by, hence this choice.

Rooms were clean, lobby area well maintained. Might try the Doubletree next visit, but the Courtyard was certainly a place I’d go again. Just don’t plan to walk anywhere for dinner. If you have a car, no problem.

Note: If I was on personal travel with Ms. Gardiner and Kiddo, I would NOT choose this place, purely because of the neighborhood. For another business trip, sure.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I've got a great room overlooking the pool with a patio and patio door with great deck seats outside. The bed is supremely comfortable. Location is convenient. Nice flat screen tv. Great hotel. As a flight attendant I am assigned to many hotels. This is a better than average hotel. Front desk staff is great!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Jacksonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I've stayed at many Marriott Courtyards and this one failed to live up to what I've come to expect. First it's in a pretty sketchy area; we stopped at a nearby convenience store and the clientele included a crackhead trying to buy a pipe. I had to laugh at the TV. It was an old 19-inch model that got about a dozen channels. You couldn't have gotten $5 for this thing at a pawn shop. I called the front desk and asked if all the rooms had TVs like that and he said no, the rooms in another wing are nicer and intimated that because I booked on Priceline I received a room in the old wing. I'm feeling really special now. The A/C unit was incredibly loud and kept me awake. Things like the cheapest toilet paper only reconfirmed my impression. It was late and I just wanted to check my email and found it costs $10 and breakfast isn't free. They made my next night's stay at the Quality Inn seem like a serious upgrade.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here insist on the refurbished rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Large hotel..nice pool outside..they just need to upgrade to flat screen tv's
also, there ARE NOT MANY tv channels...I'm very surprised at the few they have...I believe it's only 40 (4 espn's!!)..and some of the best, most popular, channels, they do not offer
friendly staff, great breakfast and service to match

Room Tip: request a room facing the pool, nice view,plus easy access to the lobby, hot tub from your sliding g...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

This property is not located in the most attractive of locations. It is a side street off of a busy commercial area. The property looked a bit tired from the outside approach. Once inside, however, my impression changed. The lobby and dining area was nicely appointed. The business area was well equipped and attractive and the reception staff was very friendly and welcoming. The closest entrance to my room was around the side of the property which is adjacent to a buildng with dock type area--sort of a light industrial loook. The elevator carpet looked a bit tired so I was again wondering but when I entered my room I found it to be very clean and well-equipped. It looked onto an interior courtyard so I quickly forgot about the area outside the hotel and found the room to be very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. There was no noise. My room included breakfast at the buffet and the other travelers were friendly. There seemed to be quite a few college-aged young people, some perhaps on a college visit or heading to a sports outing. They were polite and friendly. There were also two families with young children. The breakfast was very good--choice of eggs cooked as you like, fresh fruit, oatmeal, bakery items, toast, etc. There was a waitstaff serving coffee and juice and they made sure the buffet was well-stocked. All in all, this property was better than I expected it to be.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Convenient to the Interstate, but this property did not measure up as a Marriott property. Our first room was across from the elevator on the second floor. A loud buzzing persisted for several hours and when I investigated, I found that someone had kicked in the door of the elevator equipment room, and although the lock held, the door was sprung and the alarm was going off. We changed to a room at the end of the hall, but the noise continued. The carpet in the second room was soaking wet around one of the beds. Too tired to move again. When we left at 10 the next morning, the alarm was still buzzing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Andrew L, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia Northwest, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments. You are absolutely right about that noise on the second floor. The door that keeps that sound inaudible has been damaged. I understand how annoying that must have been right outside your door. We are currently working to correct the problem and should be fixed very soon.
Our mission is guest satisfaction. I invite you to e-mail me at andrew.lucas@ihrco.com so I can further inquire about your stay, and how we can better serve you on your next visit. We look forward to hearing from you.

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Columbia Northwest? Share your experiences!