“Best Best Western Yet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Wexford, Pennsylvania
“Best Best Western Yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have stayed in many Best Westerns over the years and without Tripadvisor, many of them were terrible. This, however, was one of the best yet. The checking in and out was a breeze and the staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were large and well appointed. There was a fridge,microwave, coffee maker and safe. The beds were comfortable as was the 4 pillows per bed. Everything was spotless including the bathrooms. The hotel had a large and plentiful breakfast attended by a friendly person. There was all the other things one would expect in a better hotel, such as fitness room, free wifi, large common area for socializing, and etc. There was adequate parking and convenient to many restaurants and 2 interstate highways. It was tough getting into the parking lot because of it's location but figuring it out was pretty simple.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephanie W, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
You are too kind! Thank you so much for your gracious review! We truly appreciate your business and are so happy to know you had a great stay. We do hope that you will join us again in the future if you are ever in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I'll be brief as I'm pressed for time. I've stayed here a few times and have had no issues. Very clean with a great staff. Easy access from major highways. I look forward to staying here again when in the area on business.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so very much for taking the time to give us this review. Your opinions are what we run on! We are thankful to have your business and well as your satisfaction when you are with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please contact me directly: Stephanie Wilson to inquire about corporate rates.
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I paid a premium to stay here and the hotel was fine. But the hotel desk check in/out staff need some training. Unless you like surely staff. There are lots of hotels near this one and I will stay at one of those next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We thank you for your business and appreciate your feedback. While I am glad our hotel met your expectations, I do apologize for any inconvenience someone new at the front desk may have caused you. We have a wonderful staff here and do our best to train our new employees to the best of our ability.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed here for three nights while visiting the area.

I'll start with the bad:

The rooms are listed as having two queen beds. There is no way the beds are queens. They're a lot closer to doubles.
Thin walls. Our room was right next to the breakfast prep room and we were woken up every morning between 7 and 7:30 am by the breakfast attendant talking loudly on her phone.
It was really hard to get the water temperature adjusted correctly. It would change from hot to freezing cold and back again randomly.

And the good:
Very good breakfast. Bacon, eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits one day, eggs and sausage the next, eggs and ham the third day. And my kids loved the pancakes. The woman working there (in spite of the phone calls waking us up) was very nice and friendly.
The rooms were obviously recently redone and looked very new and clean. The beds (as small as they were) were very comfortable.
Convenient location. Easy access to several highways and plenty of dining near by.

Overall, we would probably stay here again if in town but we'd ask for a room farther from the breakfast prep area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate your business and your opinion matters greatly to us. I see that overall you had a pleasant stay, however, your concerns will be noted and I grant you, handled. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. We do hope to see you again if you are ever in the area.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Staff I dealt with was Excellant. Did not get the young ladies name who check me in HOWEVER she was wonderful. When I turn a wrong turn off the highway and could not find the Hotel she gave me perfect directions back to the Hotel.Never rushed me when repeated directions back even though I know she was busy. Had a long drive that day from Cleveland back to Florida and I was exhaused. She made me feel like I had arrived at a friends house, She was very Welcoming.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

First of all, thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We truly appreciate your business and are very happy to know that you were taken care of in such a considerate way by our staff. We hope you had a safe trip home and we would love to have you stay with us again if you are ever in the area.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Chose this hotel after reading the reviews, and were not disappointed!
Hotel was remodeled in 2012, so it is very fresh looking and has a lovely lobby and breakfast area.
Rooms were large, I think they upgraded me from a room to a suite for no charge, but not sure why or what the difference is. We did have a couch that doubled as a pull-out bed, so maybe that was it? Anyway, very clean. Being a bit paranoid, I even checked all corners and edges by the walls with my flashlight and didn't see any critters or even cobwebs.
Washrooms are white, bright, and tissues are soft (a different brand than Kleenex not that it matters). Smart feature is that one switch turns on lights above toilet (bright enough to light whole washroom), but when you turn fan switch on, additional lights come on for the shower. Not needed, but different enough that I thought it was cool.....
Breakfast area was all to ourselves for some reason, but I appreciated it when I found their PANCAKE MACHINE. Seriously, a machine where you press a button and it makes you two pancakes - and pretty darn good ones, too. I thought it was hilarious the way they plopped out and may have cheered it on. So sue me :)
My only complaint was the issue with the trains. I thought I read something about trains being heard and when I was signing in, I asked the receptionist who said, "Some people have complained and said they hear trains, and others don't hear them....." I admired her attempt at honesty, but there was no way you could NOT hear/wake up with the trains..... and I grew up next to a track. I literally woke up after the blatant honks outside and made my partner laugh when I sarcastically mumbled, "Subtle." ;) I would have preferred if she had said "you hear them on the west/east/north/south side, so I'll give you a room on the other side" rather than make it seem like an ignorable issue.
Also, I really think they could do a better job insulating the building/rooms or get better windows to reduce the noise. For a place to sell the service of a place to sleep, one should really be able to do that without such interruptions being so intrusive.
We slept in fits and starts anyway, so it didn't really affect us too much, but if it's imperative I get a deep sleep, I may reconsider coming here again. However, the rest of the experience made up for it and was really an excellent deal for the price.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Best Western Plus. We are a brand new property which just opened in September of 2012. We strive to make sure that our guests have a good experience and we are certainly glad you did. All of your comments and recommendations will be noted and taken into consideration as well. I hope you will stay with us again if you are ever in the area. Thank you again for your business.
Schroon Lake, NY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Excellent stay~ Convenient~ perfect Room/Mini Suite~ Cheryl Anne was perfect and helpful and friendly on Check-In~ It was nice to have a refrigerator and Coffee Maker~ Room was very comfortable and had plenty of room~ We had something to eat at the OutBack, next to this Hotel and then spent the rest of the night watching TV~ We were on our way back from Florida for my Dads 90th birthday~ We were glad we drove, instead of flying, due to the back weather in some of the North East~

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are thrilled to know that your stay with us met all of your expectations! We have a terrific staff and I will be happy to pass along your compliments, thank you! I hope you dad had a wonderful birthday and maybe we will see you again in the future! We appreciate your business!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia North East? Share your experiences!