“Best Sheraton” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 92 hotels in Columbia
Atlanta, Georia
“Best Sheraton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I can't get over the staff here. They are unbelievably accomodating and really know the meaning of customer service. Denise is so kind and Leith in the lounge is a pleasure every day. Lilly in the Vault is great as well. This is the only hotel I will stay at in Columbia, Sc. The rooms are clean and comfortable as well and the location is great!

Room Tip: Ask for club level
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that your experience with our hotel was superb. It is also great to hear that our staff treated you so well. Our intention is to give our guests the best service and care while they are our guest. We look forward to having you back. It appears as if we will be seeing more of you.

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I just wanted to say that the staff at this hotel is wonderful!!! From the moment I walked in the door to the moment I left the staff was very accommodating and went above and beyond(especially Garett)!! The rooms were very clean and I hope to come back and try out the Rooftop bar!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It is so great to hear how much you enjoyed your visit at our hotel. We strive to give our guests the best experiences, so we are pleased to hear that our staff is following through. Please come back and try out our Rooftop bar. It really is a unique spot in Columbia. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Glen Arm, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Quality hotel in a cool building. rooms are big, clean and modern. Expectations for hotel restaurants are low. This one met my expectations on food and exceeded it staff friendliness! Nikki in the restaurant bar and Lillie in the Main bar are excellent! Makes you want to come back!

Fitness center is a 1/2 broken. Big issue that need to be addressed.

Room Tip: king beds rule....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that our restaurants and service exceeded your expectations. We will address that fitness center issues. Thank you for bringing that to our attention. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times as they have government rate rooms. I appreciate the staff and valet service. Heather Davis was particularly helpful on one occasion where I was going to be inconvenienced and she made sure that my stay was as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: Double rooms are very nice and spacious.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for letting us know that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We are pleased that our staff was attentive to your needs and made your visit more enjoyable. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton last weekend for a business trip. I travel every week and I was AMAZED at the level of service the staff gives its customers. Heather Davis at the front desk went much above and beyond to make sure that my stay was as pleasant as possible. We had several issues with our event (unrelated to the hotel) and every evening she made sure that we were taken care of. I hope I come back next year for the same event, purley because of my experience with the Sheraton staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. It pleases us very much when we hear that our staff is taking such great care of our guests. We are happy that you had such a great experience and we look forward to having you back.
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was a business trip to Columbia and the Hilton, where I typically stay, was booked, so I thought I'd try the Sheraton. I was pleasantly surprised. The beds were comfortable and plush. The television in the bathroom was nice. Parking takes a few minutes since it's valet only, but the valets are friendly and prompt. Nikki S in the tavern restaurant in the hotel was friendly and attentive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton M, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you during your business trip. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The TV in the bathroom seems to be a favorite among guests. I'm glad the bed was comfortable, and that you received great service from our staff. We hope you will choose to stay with us during future business trips.
Ashland, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

First time visiting downtown Columbia and walked into the Sheraton without a reservation. Kate at the front desk gave me a warm greeting. She had a pleasant spunk about her and even signed me up for the rewards program. I look forward to coming back to the Sheraton for a longer stay. The vault and rooftop bars are a great place to have a night cap as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sheraton M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We are so excited that you had such a great experience at our hotel. It is always great to hear that our staff is taking such great care of our guests. We look forward to having you back. It seems as if we'll be seeing more of you in the future.

Been to Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!