“Would definitely recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
McCormick, South Carolina
“Would definitely recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Very comfortable room. The beds were great! Front desk person was friendly and very quick in getting us checked in. Breakfast was good. No complaints at all. Will stay again if in the area! My daughter was happy to find a make-up remover in the complimentary items.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

One of the best Hampton's I have stayed in. The cleanliness and friendliness of the staff contributed to a pleasant stay.
I travel a lot and this property rates high! I highly recommend! If coming to see one of your family members graduating at Ft Jackson, this is a good welcome home stay!

• Stayed March 2013
sc850r
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Overall a good place to stay Staff is great and the same folks have been there for a while. Great if you stay there repeatedly. Fitness room is marginal esp. the treadmill. Have tried other places nearby, but these rooms are much quieter. Always very clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Clean, comfortable spacious, quiet. Beautiful bathroom. Makeup removal towelette was a nice touch. Excellent oatmeal w/toppings at breakfast. Most helpful front desk personnel. We will be back when we are in the area again!

• Stayed February 2013
anthony_russell, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia I-20 / Clemson Road, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Wow, we thought your review was great! Not only can I share it with the staff and tell them job well done, but you managed to comment on the room, amenities, and service. As a result I am sure that your fellow travelers will find the review very helpful. I imagine either you travel a lot or that you use Trip Advisor before you choose where to stay, because you commented on everything people wonder about when finding lodging in places they may have never tried. Thank you again for the kind words and quality of your review. We hope to have you stay with us again real soon.
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Staff was very friendly and this was one of the best Hamptons we have stayed in regards to cleanliness, the breakfast was awesome, the décor was modern, very quiet, beds very comfortable. Can not say enough good things

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
In your response you stated that "you can not say enough good things", but we feel that you said plenty. Thank you so much for that great review. I am going to print a copy and place it on our "wall of fame" in order to help boost the morale of the staff. We strive very hard to ensure that our guests have a great stay, and it is so invigorating when we get a kudos from our guests. Thank you once again and we hope to have you back soon.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Whenever I travel to new cities I try to stay in one of two motel chains and Hampton Inn is one of them. This one did not disappoint me. My only complaint was that it was a little hard to find in the dark. Check-in was fast and pleasant. My room was clean, tastefully decorated, and quiet. The breakfast area was clean and spacious and the food selections were quite adequate (eggs, meat, biscuits fruit, cereal, etc.). I will return on future business visits.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review Jeanine. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to earn your business in the future. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with everyone. Not only do these reviews help other travelers, but we also use them as a learning/training tool at the property level. I appreciate that you highlighted our complimentary "on the house breakfast" showing some added value for the money spent at our property. Hopefully we will see you sooner than later.
Taylors
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My family stayed at this very clean, nice, fairly new property over the weekend for a soccer tournament. Great location with a lot of newer restaurants and stores nearby. Excellent breakfast and very helpful staff. Would definitely return here if we are in the area. Our team had a great group rate.

Room Tip: Our room was on the interstate side and I was concerned that it may be noisy. It was very quiet. We...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
anthony_russell, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia I-20 / Clemson Road, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for writing a great review about our property. I'm glad that your team had a great experience with us. We always enjoy having youth sports teams stay at our hotel. I thought your review was well written and I hope that other team leaders will take note so they know we will provide a great lodging experience for their teams as well. I am glad that you addressed having a room on the same side as the interstate. Some people may be hesitant about staying in a room facing the interstate due to potential noise, but as you mentioned in your review the noise is negligible. We have plenty of soundproofing to "dampen" any outside disturbances. Thank you again for choosing our property and we hope to have your team here again.

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia I-20 / Clemson Road? Share your experiences!