“Our New Fave” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gervais & Vine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 840 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Charleston, South Carolina
“Our New Fave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I love tapas dining and this place did not disappoint. The food was excellent - their scallops were probably the best I've ever had - perfectly cooked and fresh. The specialty pizza was great as was the smoked gouda dip. Chorizo stuffed mushrooms were outstanding. Great and affordable wine list as well. We were really very impressed. My only complaint was that we were in the back room which had a nice, intimate vibe but it was REALLY loud which damaged the ambiance a litlte bit - I think it was because we were seated next to several large parties but there was one point during dinner that we almost couldn't hear one another across the table it was so loud. Once the party of 12 sorority girls left it quieted down a bit and we were able to enjoy the rest of our time.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greenville, South Carolina
“Not thrilled...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have to admit that I do not frequernt tapas bars very often, but have been to a few in the past and enjoyed the concept. When we arrived at Gervais & Vine we placed our drink order. Shortly after placing the order the waitress returned to inform me that they were out of the particular beer I ordered. This beer was listed on the main menu. Not that big of a deal I thought and ordered a different beer of the "specials" menue, just to learn a few minutes later that this beer was too not available. The third attempt was successful. The selection of foods was plentiful with interesting choices. I was happy with the preparation and flavor of the dish I ordered, however the sice of the dish did not justyify the price. Same was true for most other dishes that were ordered within our party. Two people in our party ordered ther same dish. One received theirs with mashed potatoes warm, the other with them being ice cold. I do understand the concept of tapas, but why do they have to cost almost as much as the same dish of regular size? This is something I have not seen during previous visits to other tapas bars.

Chapin, South Carolina
“Enjoy Wine? Tapas?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

A really fun place to go! One of the best wine selections in the city!!
Food is fresh and delicious!! Great location.... In the heart of the Vista!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
York, Pennsylvania, United States
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The food & service was excellent ! It was the first time I've had this style of food.
The owner is gorgeous!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leesvillle, SC
“Perfect portions at good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Dined there for my birthday with my husband -- we don't do tapas that often so I was ready for a change. This place has a very good casual atmosphere and location, right down town in the "Vista". We dined inside -- I liked the padded bench seating in the side / upstairs area. Neither of us eat a lot and quite often we split meals. With tapas, we are able to order the right amount and the prices are reasonable. The food was excellent! I had the Gambas Shrimp - cooked in a pan with a tomatoey sauce with a kick, but not so much your mouth is set on fire. Also had parmesan garlic fries -- this was also very good. The last thing we ordered was a filet mignon -- cooked perfectly tender and tasted wonderful! I had two types of wine, both suggested by the waitress and both to my liking. I liked the fact that you could choose a 2.5 ounce or a 5 ounce glass. My husband had the spicey margarita -- quite different with a good measure of heat; good cocktail that you don't see just anywhere. Overall the service was fine although it took a little longer to get the check and finalize the bill than we'd like but I would definitely dine here again.

• Visited October 2013