“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Room was perfect, the bar and restaurant was impeccable probably had one of the best strip steaks I've ever had and I am a steak person! The location to some great dining, bars and stores cant be any better and the hotel is far enough away from the street so noise is minimal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Robert R,

Thank you for your recent awesome review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy you thought the room was perfect and you had a great overall experience. If we can do anything at all to make your next visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please let us know.

Tony Tam, General Manager--Hilton Columbia Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The front desk staff here are great. They are friendly and professional.

The room service staff is attractive and friendly, but in need of training. We order two orders of oatmeal and bacon. The order arrived with only one set of flatware. The oatmeal was not served with any brown sugar, raisins, etc. When I called room service about this, the young man agreed to send silver. He then asked what should be sent with oatmeal. I asked, "what do you normally send?". I then agreed that I would like what he said should have been with the order. The items arrived. They weren't on a plate. They were on a rough, brown serving tray used by waiters and waitresses. He handed me the tray and left.

Why is there no quality control for orders leaving the kitchen? Why not deliver items on a plate rather than dropping of a nasty tray?

Finally, the bathroom walls are filthy. There was hair in the sink and hair(s)--many--in the amenities tray.

This hotel is very attractive. The décor is nice and fairly new. Please keep the place clean!

This hotel has great potential, but this is a management and training issue.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Jpax

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I do appreciate you recognizing our staff to be very friendly and professional. I am though very disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your in-room dining experience, looks like we dropped the ball on your expectations and I am in agreement with you that many extra condiments, etc.. should have been delivered with your breakfast. As far as the comment with the bathroom facilities that is very non-typical of our award-winning Hilton. I will make sure to address the issue immediately, in the meantime I would personally like to invite you back to our hotel as my guest. Please contact myself or another manager-on-duty at the hotel for arrangements. If we can also do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a continuing medical education event and enjoyed my stay there. The hotel is modern, staff very friendly. Definitely enjoyed the mini-fridge in the room, as I was traveling alone and was able to walk to nearby Publix grocery store to get some basic food items so that I wasn't having to eat in a restaurant every breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear ABQTravelers from Albuquerque, NM

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so glad that you had a great stay and enjoyed the hotel, if we can do anything at all to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our daughter actually works at the hotel so we weren't expecting to be treated any special way but it seems that this is just how the employees always are. The hotel was sold out since it was Parent's Weekend but the hotel held it together very well! The front desk is very friendly and welcoming and talked to us every time we walked by. The housekeeper always did a great job on our room and we stayed for three days. The service was just perfect overall. We called down for extra towels and received them right away. The breakfast at the Ruth's Chris was also a very nice touch. We are very happy and pleased to know that our daughter works for such a great company that treats their guests with the utmost respect. We look forward to staying at the hotel for Graduation and holiday's to come!

Room Tip: The Corner King rooms are an upgrade and definitely worth it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tim M from Fort Mill, South Carolina,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. We are so glad that you had a great weekend at the hotel while attending University of South Carolina parent's weekend! We are so happy to have your daughter as part of the Hilton Columbia Team. Our associates are the best in Columbia and our guest's interaction comments prove that!. If we can do anything to make the next few years of visits to Columbia more enjoyable, please let us know.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Let me preface this by saying this was a business trip, and somebody else chose and paid for the hotel. Still, the price is not out of the range I would pay while on vacation or if my employer were paying for it.

The hotel is fairly easy to find, as the eight story moniker on the side of the building easily stands above most of the nearby buildings. I checked in a little after 5:00 PM and was late for the meet & greet. This wasn't a problem, as the check in process was painless. I was able to drop off my bags in my room and make a pit stop in less than ten minutes.

The hotel is extremely clean. All of the common areas were well kept and the room was great. While I would much rather have a walk in shower (who takes a bath in a hotel tub??), all of the tile and grout was free of any grime. The bed was comfortable, and there were multiple feather pillows. One of the big bonuses I found was the number of charging ports – whether they were standard plugs or USB ports. I brought along a number of gadgets that needed to be charged and had plenty of places to charge up.

I didn't have time to use the pool or fitness center, but they looked nice. Ruth's Chris restaurant is attached to the hotel. This is a big plus – if your host is paying for it. Otherwise, you can walk to one of several great restaurants or bars just around the corner.

Since I was late arriving, I opted to use the valet. This was a mistake. Because everything is in easy walking distance, I didn't use my car again until I checked out. I could have easily self parked for about half the cost. The garage is attached to the hotel, and really makes the valet unnecessary.

Room Tip: Don't use the valet. The attached garage is very convenient.
Dear Snoweman from Atlanta, Georgia,

Thank you for your recent awesome review of the Hilton Columbia Center. First of all, I really appreciate the thoughtful, insightful, and detailed review that you obviously took the time to write during your visit to Columbia. I'm so glad you noticed how clean our facilities are and know what pride our staff has in the hotel. If myself or anyone on our team make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel is in a good location, it's comfortable, clean, and best of all they serve coffee and tea through out the day. However, during my 1 night stay, as I returned from dinner I was sitting in the lobby (enjoying my free coffee). On some nights they host a remote broadcast of a local sports talk show in the lobby. The radio show had packed up and left by the time I got back, and they had some drinks on ice in the lobby. Supposedly these drinks are for the radio show only. I sat on the couch next to the cooler and took a water bottle. Minutes later the maintenance man walked by, grabbed the water bottle from next to my foot and rudely said "these are for the radio show only". I was speechless at this man's actions. As if this wasn't bad enough, he came by minutes later, in front of me, drinking the same water he had taken from me. This man needs to be fired or reprimanded for acting this way to a guest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Benny J from Atlanta,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy that you enjoyed your accommodations and noticed the hotel to be clean and comfortable. I am though very disturbed and disappointed that a member of the hotel team may have wrongfully treated you and at the same time offended you over some leftover refreshments from the University's coaches radio show. I want to make sure you know that I apologize on behalf of the hotel and I will figure out who that individual was in your review. Aside from that single poor interaction, I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Columbia, please do not hesitate to let me know if I can personally do anything in the future to make your trip more enjoyable.

Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The overall experience was extremely positive - first class hotel! The front desk staff went out of their way to meet the needs of everyone in a timely fashion. The rooms were beautifully decorated and everything was fresh and clean.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Amy E from Columbia, United States,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy that you had an "awesome stay"! I will make sure that your great comments are shared with the entire team! Please don't ever hesitate to let us know if we can make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable.

Tony Tam, General Manager-Hilton Columbia Center

Been to Hilton Columbia Center? Share your experiences!