“Comfortable, upscale hotel in a convenient location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Atlanta, Georgia
“Comfortable, upscale hotel in a convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Let me preface this by saying this was a business trip, and somebody else chose and paid for the hotel. Still, the price is not out of the range I would pay while on vacation or if my employer were paying for it.

The hotel is fairly easy to find, as the eight story moniker on the side of the building easily stands above most of the nearby buildings. I checked in a little after 5:00 PM and was late for the meet & greet. This wasn't a problem, as the check in process was painless. I was able to drop off my bags in my room and make a pit stop in less than ten minutes.

The hotel is extremely clean. All of the common areas were well kept and the room was great. While I would much rather have a walk in shower (who takes a bath in a hotel tub??), all of the tile and grout was free of any grime. The bed was comfortable, and there were multiple feather pillows. One of the big bonuses I found was the number of charging ports – whether they were standard plugs or USB ports. I brought along a number of gadgets that needed to be charged and had plenty of places to charge up.

I didn't have time to use the pool or fitness center, but they looked nice. Ruth's Chris restaurant is attached to the hotel. This is a big plus – if your host is paying for it. Otherwise, you can walk to one of several great restaurants or bars just around the corner.

Since I was late arriving, I opted to use the valet. This was a mistake. Because everything is in easy walking distance, I didn't use my car again until I checked out. I could have easily self parked for about half the cost. The garage is attached to the hotel, and really makes the valet unnecessary.

Room Tip: Don't use the valet. The attached garage is very convenient.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Snoweman from Atlanta, Georgia,

Thank you for your recent awesome review of the Hilton Columbia Center. First of all, I really appreciate the thoughtful, insightful, and detailed review that you obviously took the time to write during your visit to Columbia. I'm so glad you noticed how clean our facilities are and know what pride our staff has in the hotel. If myself or anyone on our team make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Tony Tam, General Manager-Hilton Columbia Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel is in a good location, it's comfortable, clean, and best of all they serve coffee and tea through out the day. However, during my 1 night stay, as I returned from dinner I was sitting in the lobby (enjoying my free coffee). On some nights they host a remote broadcast of a local sports talk show in the lobby. The radio show had packed up and left by the time I got back, and they had some drinks on ice in the lobby. Supposedly these drinks are for the radio show only. I sat on the couch next to the cooler and took a water bottle. Minutes later the maintenance man walked by, grabbed the water bottle from next to my foot and rudely said "these are for the radio show only". I was speechless at this man's actions. As if this wasn't bad enough, he came by minutes later, in front of me, drinking the same water he had taken from me. This man needs to be fired or reprimanded for acting this way to a guest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Benny J from Atlanta,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy that you enjoyed your accommodations and noticed the hotel to be clean and comfortable. I am though very disturbed and disappointed that a member of the hotel team may have wrongfully treated you and at the same time offended you over some leftover refreshments from the University's coaches radio show. I want to make sure you know that I apologize on behalf of the hotel and I will figure out who that individual was in your review. Aside from that single poor interaction, I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Columbia, please do not hesitate to let me know if I can personally do anything in the future to make your trip more enjoyable.

Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The overall experience was extremely positive - first class hotel! The front desk staff went out of their way to meet the needs of everyone in a timely fashion. The rooms were beautifully decorated and everything was fresh and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Amy E from Columbia, United States,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy that you had an "awesome stay"! I will make sure that your great comments are shared with the entire team! Please don't ever hesitate to let us know if we can make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable.

Summerville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We found the Hilton very comfortable and convenient as we were in-town for a convention. The restaurant was a huge plus even thought there are plenty within walking distance, being able to put everything on one tab is always nice. It's a short walk to the convention center and other centers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Laurel J from Summerville, United States,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy you had a great stay. If we can do anything to make a future visit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

surfside beach, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel is beautiful inside and out. It's located downtown close to USC and the Capitol so any sightseeing in those areas make this location ideal. The rooms and clean and updated. The fee for parking seemed excessive especially since it was the hotels parking deck. Restaurant and room service are expensive and overpriced. Our room had a great little mini fridge but unfortunately no microwave which made heating of coffee/tea impossible. Creamer for coffee was scarce, as well as, sugar packets. Curtains in our room did not close so there was street lights shining into room and no sense of privacy. Well appointed furnishings and flat screen TV. Bed was extremely comfortable. On a sour note, I dropped an expensive sweatshirt when we checked in and my husband said he saw one in the lobby on a chair. When we realized the one in the lobby was mine, it was gone. I inquired at the front desk and it was not turned in by the staff. Makes me think a staff member picked it up and kept it. So customers please be aware of possible thefts within the hotel and keep those items in your car. We will not return to this location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kim H from surfside beach, United States,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy you thought the hotel was beautiful, clean, and accommodating. If we can do anything to make a future trip more enjoyable, please let us know.

Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently spent the night here when giving a medical lecture for a group event. This is what you expect from the Hilton, with great bedding, bathroom with immaculate tile and clean carpet with a nice business desk! The location for Columbia offers a short walk to the best restaurants (Ruth's Chris inside the property) and bars in the city. The work-out facility was only average, and my air conditioning in the room only partly functioned, thus earning only four-star rating despite an overall pleasant experience.

Room Tip: If you like a cool room in the summer, make sure to request a lower floor location.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear giguy from Tennessee,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel. Our work-out facility has 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, and 1 bike along with a multitude of resistant equipment, occasionally the variety of equipment is short of an experienced work-out guru like yourself. In cases like this, please let us know and we will be more than happy to make arrangements for you at a local gym. Thank you again for the great comments and we look forward to seeing you in Columbia again soon!

Tony Tam, General Manager--Hilton Columbia Center
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here one night to visit a relative attending Univ of South Carolina while en route to Myrtle Beach. Overall, it was good stay, though there were a few small items that prevented giving the hotel a 5 star rating.

Good items about the hotel:

Location: Steps away from some nice restaurants and bars. Also walkable to the USC campus. The dorm where my relative lives was about 0.8 miles. There's one hotel that is essentially on campus, but this Hilton is nicer.

Parking: Large, spacious parking garage connected to the hotel. Self park and valet available.

Property quality: Overall, the property was nice and in good shape. The feel of a "nice" hotel. A few small exceptions noted later.

People: All the hotel staff we ran into at the front desk and hallways were nice and welcoming.

There was minor cleaning item and minor maintenance item with the room -- nothing that was much of an issue. A somewhat larger problem was the outdoor pool. It was green -- pretty sure that was not the intended color of the water. Possibly an algae problem. Decided not to try the pool because of that problem, even though it was brutally hot that day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear nittanyati from Atlanta, Georgia,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, pleas let me know.

Tony Tam, General Manager--Hilton Columbia Center

Been to Hilton Columbia Center? Share your experiences!