“No need to look anywhere else” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Fort Worth, Texas
“No need to look anywhere else”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Friendly, welcoming, and helpful front desk. Nice business center, fitness room and lobby. Rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable, complete with microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. Convenient to the University but close to anything else you might need. Ruth's Chris Steak House by night serves breakfast and lunch by day. I will definitely come back to this hotel while my daughter is in school.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor but I honestly don't think it matters.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear SBB60 from Fort Worth, Texas,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. We are so pleased you were happy with the room accommodations and your stay while you were here! We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Tony Tam, General Manager--Hilton Columbia Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Waterford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

One of the newest hotels in Columbia, this Hilton tops all. Beautiful property (with a Ruth's Chris inside), has a nice pool area, beautiful landscaping, lovely lobby area, and clean, attractive rooms. The staff is friendly and there to serve. There is always fresh coffee available-- offered in lovely silver servers. Those elegant touches set this brand apart. This location is convenient to many restaurants, shops, and the USC campus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear LilylovesPeonies from Waterford, Virginia,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy that you have named us best place to stay in Columbia. We are very proud of our hotel and staff, if there is anything we can do to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please let us know.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I am in town often to take care of family business since my mother moved to a senior living community. I primarily stay at this hotel and one other in the vicinity, but I do prefer the Hilton. The staff here is great. Rooms are large, clean and amenities are better than most hotels.
As Hilton Diamond members, we get room upgrades when available and free breakfast each morning. They even gave me extra breakfast coupons so I could dine with friends instead of by myself. That is a really nice touch for me and makes my stay feel like I'm home.
You do pay extra for parking here, but the parking garage makes it convenient to get in and out of the hotel and when I'm traveling alone, I feel much safer. Plus, if the weather is bad, you can load and unload your car without struggling with an umbrella, coat and your luggage. From the garage, you walk directly into the hotel lobby. It's a really, short walk from car to elevator.
They have a nice, free business area, complete with PCs and Macs, a printer, copier and a few office supplies. The Macs could use some updating. One monitor had some issues when I was there, but it's a nice touch to have both platforms available. The copier is a great asset for me since I usually need to make a few copies.
The fitness room and pool are are nice as well, although I usually don't have time to relax around the pool. I have used the fitness area and it's very clean and well stocked with water, towels, earbuds and equipment.
There is coffee and tea available in the lobby at all times, which is great for me. I like to make my own iced tea, so I grab a cup of hot tea on my way up to the room, get a bucket of ice and have free iced tea. Lots of types of tea choices, too. The only drawback here is they never have Splenda available here, only Equal and Sweet and Low. There is Splenda in the restaurant, so I don't understand not having Splenda available for coffee and tea. Most people use Splenda these days.
I have stayed here twice in the last three months, one being during Christmas. I was there a total of five days that trip and was upgraded to a junior suite, which was very nice. You get a small sitting room with a sofa, TV and a couple of chairs. There's also a small wet bar, with a refrigerator and sink. We got two bottles of water every day, too. You are also on the corner of the hotel, so you have more windows and several different views. It was a nice place to relax at the end of the day.
My last stay there I asked for a king room on that same side. I think they call it a corner king, even though it's not technically a corner room. Those rooms are a bit separated from the main hallway and tend to be quieter.
All in all, I always enjoy my stays at the Hilton. It's also pet friendly, which is always an asset to us. We have stayed in other Hiltons with our cats, but not at this particular Hilton. It's nice to know we have that option.
The Hilton is one of the best hotels in Columbia. Stay here and you'll be happy.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great! Lots of light! If you can afford a junior suite upgrade, go for it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Road-trip-43 from Ohio,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. We love taking care of our Hilton Honors diamond members and am so happy that you found everything to be tops!. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable please let us know.

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great location for the Vista in downtown Columbia, SC. Has the great, even though pricey, Ruth's Chris Steak House right there on the property. There are several restaurants and bars very near by. Good convention space for small conferences. Excellent location if you are attending an event at the Colonial Life Arena or the Columbia Convention Center.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear USCGamecocks20102011 from Columbia, South Carolina

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so glad you found the hotel nice and friendly. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please let us know.

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Upon arrival I was greeted by Stephanie at Front Desk who confirmed my reservation and view request immediately. She was so helpful throughout our stay. Then Cue (Bellman w braces)
assisted us with luggage on arrival and departure and was genuinely very nice and personable.
On checkout in 20 degree weather, Cue took us and lots of luggage to our vehicle only to have to move a car full of purchases from Sam's in order to put in luggage. He did so graciously then made a special effort to say good bye to each of us including my 84 yr old Mom. She suggested I write this review bc he went above and beyond. Last but not least, Chad in Ruth Chris provided great service and kept a great sense of humor as we teased him throughout the night. He was just great as were all the servers including breakfast. Scott H was kind to email receipt from dinner in Ruth Chris...so needless to say, we will return and will continue to suggest the Hilton to anyone going to Columbia. I have stayed at several other places in Columbia and the service is TOPS here. The Hotel is lovely..with pool, hot tub, etc. Great Staff! The Vista is the place to be with so many good restaurants but our favorite is Blue Marlin w Chef Danny!

Room Tip: Vista view of city was nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear chefnickbell from Saint Simons Island, Georgia,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy that you got to meet and interact with so many members of the hotel team. We are very proud of our hotel and want our guests to know that we will do whatever it takes to make each stay a memorable one. I will be sure to mention to each team member your review and positive memory of the experience while at the HIlton Columbia. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while attending a conference. I brought my pit bull, Olivia, with me and I am blown away by how well she was received. Great room with a beautiful shower and bathroom, plenty of closet space, comfortable bed. The staff was outstanding, each of them was attentive to detail and trying to outdo each other to make the stay enjoyable. I have no negatives about this facility at all.

Dear Fuquay from North Carolina,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. My staff loves providing outstanding service to our guests and I guess you are right, they love outdoing one another as well. Your pit bull is obviously part of your family and we want her to be treated as such. We are glad to have been able to make your stay an excellent one. Thank you for your business and please let us know if we can do anything to make a future visit even more enjoyable.

Mt.Pleasant, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here one night - this was the base hotel for a business conference. Checkin was good: staff seemed friendly and like they were actually glad i was there. Room was great - clean, spacious, well laid out. Nice lobby. Staff everywhere was helfpul. I recommend this hotel. The restaurant (RuthChris Steakhouse) was pricy, but there are other options close by.

Dear SRinSCAROLINA from Mt. Pleasant, SC

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy that you recognized the good service, clean room, and nice accommodations at the hotel. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia, South Carolina more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Tony Tam, General Manager-Hilton Columbia Center

Been to Hilton Columbia Center? Share your experiences!