“My first Vegan meal experience hooks me!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 839 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Vegan
Columbia, South Carolina
“My first Vegan meal experience hooks me!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Excellent first experience eating vegan and it's beautiful and delicious! I've been back twice to take others. Never imagined nuts and seeds could have so much flavor! The owner also offers classes. The kale salad is perfect. I've tried the pizza, tacos and manicotti. A lot of rich flavor without the guilt!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Columbia, South Carolina
“Great food, terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I went to the West Columbia Good Life Cafe location several times. I always received excellent food and fantastic service. I was so excited about the Main Street location as that is much closer to where I work and live. However, every time I have gone to the Main Street location I have received the worst service of basically any restaurant I've ever been to ever. Ever.

The food is still great, but it almost seems like the waitstaff is trying to see how bad they can be. The first time I went, my friend and I were ignored while we stood at the door, not knowing if we were supposed to seat ourselves or not. Once we sat down, we had to wait over 15 minutes before anyone came by to take our drink order. Getting food took an additional hour.

I stayed away for a while, but as I am vegan and Columbia's strictly vegan options are a little limited, I went back today. My friend and I decided to get a smoothie and a snack mid-afternoon. We seated ourselves and our waitress came fairly quickly, but ordering and receiving two smoothies and two desserts from the grab and go cooler took over 40 minutes. This is even after letting the waitress know that one of us had a doctor appointment to get to.

I really, really hope they do something to deal with how terrible the service is. The food is still great, but I am not sure if I'll go back.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
south carolina
“Unique & healthy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Didn't know what to expect? I have eaten here 3x. It is VERY good!I I love vegetables, but have never eaten them they way they are prepared here. You will not miss the absence of dairy or meat! If you are looking for fresh, clean, healthy eating look no further. The food is full of flavor. You will not feel deprived. It's delicious!! Love and appreciate the creativity and dedication to CLEAN eating. The salads are huge and so vibrant and colorful. Had no idea veggies could taste THIS good!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“New location, Same great quality.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Did the sample plate tonight. Awesome combination of flavors.and will be back every trip to Columbia.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas
“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Loved the Veggie Sandwich and mushroom nori wrap. Usually I don't like kale, but kale salad here is flavorful with no bitter after taste. Added bonus was sitting outside on Main Street and then strolling down to Capital building. Lovely way to spend a Sunday.

Visited July 2014