“Still new, getting better all the time!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 839 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Vegan
Lexington, South Carolina
“Still new, getting better all the time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My third review and I have say things are getting better. We sat outside and had an excellent server; there were no long waits for food, or water or wine or checks and no forgotten items (such as silverware) as had been previously experienced. The food has always been excellent and I encourage anyone to try it. Do not be afraid of the words “healthy” or “raw” or “vegan”, this food is delicious and is NOT made with any weird ingredients – like tree bark or pond algae. The dishes are beautifully presented and while it may not make you turn vegan or vegetarian, it will change all your misconceptions about “healthy foods. They have full bar so even if you dislike your food (which you WON’T) you can have a drink while your companions eat, watch the folks coming and going on Main Street and then slip next door for a burger if you have to. A great date place and place to go before or after a movie at the Nickelodeon right across the street. They also have great smoothies! We had the baby bello stuffed mushrooms and spring rolls and cheesecake YES VEGAN CHEESECAKE!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Vegan eats on main street”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The staff was very helpful dresssed nicely, matching the pleasant decore of the newly opened white table cloth vegan cafe. I had the full serving of the eggplant bacon with cashew mayo, lettuce, and tomato, becasue I was really hungry. It was pretty tasty, though I could have used a heartier serving. Probably more an issue w/ me being hungry than the potions being small. $13.95 was my damage. Not too bad, though I've been to other vegan resturantes or places w/ vegan options that were in the $10 and below range for a wrap/sandwich.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“Surprising Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

All vegan, all raw and organic can be scary and daunting if you're not used to it. The Good Life Cafe can make a lover of all things clean! It was delicious. I had to tacos - a good starter dish they say. It's a little pricey, but well worth it. Plus, you can eat a lot and feel good about yourself after! Glad they are now on Main Street.

• Visited May 2014
Newberry
“Eggplant veggie wrap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We went on a Saturday for lunch after a friend recommended. Server was friendly and helpful in navigating the menu. I ordered the eggplant bacon wrap on the server's recommendation and was not disappointed. Interesting crunch to the sweet eggplant. Nice location and pleasant atmosphere.

Lexington, SC
“Delicious Meatless Entrees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I never thought I would enjoy a meal that was meatless as much as I loved Sharon's Taco Salad. Not only is it delicious, but beautiful as well. I told her it looked like art-in-a-bowl. If you don't know what to order, the kind folks at Good Life Café are eager to offer suggestions. I find that I always feel better when I have lunch here at least once a week. Ask Sharon about her story and philosophy behind her cooking. I have had their Eggplant Bacon Wraps, Lasagna, Taco Salad, Rice Paper Spring Rolls and Greek Burgers ... all meatless, all delicious. Try it, you'll like it, and you'll feel great.

• Visited April 2014