“Has Gone Downhill” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
St. Catharines, Canada
“Has Gone Downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have stayed here over several years as we have travelled through the area, but won't do so again. The hotel is very worn and in need of attention. The furniture is worn, there were holes in the old and thin comforters, mildew on the shower curtain and a general feeling of disrepair. Because of its dingy appearance it was impossible to tell if the room was clean. The breakfast area was clean and the food was nicely displayed. The front desk staff were efficient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Stilson, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went to SC to watch my "adopted by love son" graduate from bootcamp. Every Quality that I have been to has those nice pillow top, comfortable beds....this one was thin and could feel every spring in my back. I would expect that from Econo Lodge but not Quality. I specifically asked for 1st floor when making reservation but had to take 2nd floor anyway. The parking on side of building I was on was the biggest cluster I have ever seen, had to either back in or back out, no other way. The bathroom was not cleaned, could see the dead bugs in the light fixture....just yuk, but glad they were dead. Bedspread had burn holes in quite a few areas, was smoking room but still after that many burns put the thing to rags already. The blanket had orange and red stains on it and I woke up with glitter all over me. When I said something about the glitter and being very upset about it the front desk guy just said, ok I'll let housekeeping know. I do NOT recommend this particular Quality to anyone. Oh yeah, when I asked if there was another Choice Hotel in area I was told there was only 1, come to find out there are 3 other Quality Inns in Columbia...who knows how many Choice there are. I will never occupy this place again and wish I could have moved somewhere else.

Room Tip: Just stay away from this one all together
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Frankfort, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a very good experience there on 09/22. The only criticism we had at all was the dark areas up on the third floor leading to our room. They should have better lighting but we were satisfied with the cleanliness, the appearance of our room and the comfort of the bed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Martinsburg, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with the kids because it had an outdoor pool. Pool was not very big but enough to get wet. The hotel room was musky smelling which wasn't that bad after I left the door open and turn the air down for a bit. The shower did not drain well so after 1 of got a bath and the next needed to jump in you were pretty much in dirty water. The waffle station was good for breakfast but not much else filled or available when we went down. Don't think I would stay at this place again. Hotel staff was very nice other than that not much else.

Room Tip: no fitness center.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Frankfort, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The only good thing about this place is that the staff is friendly. Other than that I have nothing good to say about this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

This hotel is nothing like the pictures posted on various booking sites. This place is extremely outdated, they advertise this place as newly renovated when in reality the only "new" thing about it is the front desk area. The rooms are filthy, and smell of stale cigarette smoke. The ice machine looks like it was taken from a dump, I would not even think about using it. The sink was full of someone elses hair. The owner of the hotel was completely unprofessional, rude, and argumentative. He actually called the cops on me and my family because I complained of the conditions of the hotel. When the cops arrived the owner of the hotel made up a story of under-aged drinking and partying. The cop could see with his own eyes that I was there with my family, and there was no acohol or parting going on, not to mention UNDERAGED GIRLS! We were told we had to leave the hotel because the owner didn't want us on his property. My family and I were forced to pack up our belongings and leave the hotel in the middle of the night, WITHOUT a refund. We then had to go pay another 90.00 for a different room at a different hotel. If you are reading this review DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed April 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

It was very clean the man at the front desk knew who I was when I check in & I was in my room less then 10 min It was very close to everything I need to go to I wanted a king but they gave me a double even better for same price as a king I will be staying there again

• Stayed February 2012