“I was very please with my stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #73 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
“I was very please with my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012 via mobile

It was very clean the man at the front desk knew who I was when I check in & I was in my room less then 10 min It was very close to everything I need to go to I wanted a king but they gave me a double even better for same price as a king I will be staying there again

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Mount Gilead, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed for grandsons AIT graduation at Fort Jackson. Hot tub suite is just a plain room . It was in in very bad condition. Carpets were wet near the hot tub. Hot tub just 2 person tub with 6 jets that had no power. Ceiling was patched. Also had another room for grand kids. Supposed to be 2 queen beds. Wrong, they were full, with burns in the spreads.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

My husband and I traveled from Florida to Virginia (9/26/11) and since he was worn out after over 9 hours of driving, we decided to stop for the night in S.C. Unfortunately we'd not planned to and hadn't looked online for a hotel in the mid range and read any reviews! I WISH we had!

We picked a hotel close to the route we needed to get back on in the morning and figured since it was late, we were just sleeping and heading back out, it didn't need to be a high end one. But CLEAN would have been nice!!

The room was absolutely filthy. Sheets were the only clean thing in the room. The floor could not have been vacuumed fully in a month ... behind the tables and under the desk was awful. The desk chair had tears all in it - the tub actually had cigarette stains all over it as well as someone else's hair in it! (Nope, no shower for us!) I went next door to the Holiday Inn and would have paid the double price if they'd had a room - unfortunately they didn't.

The friendly young man at the front desk and the location are the only good things about this place.

Never again ... Who ever runs this hotel should be ashamed of themselves.

Room Tip: My tip would be to choose any other hotel!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

My husband and I love this hotel. Mainly because the staff are so friendly and kind and it very close to Fort Jackson. We have been to this hotel like 3 time and everytime we loved it. I recommend this hotel if you want to be treat like a guest, I don't reecommend it if you want Wine and Caviar. Thanks Quality Inn and Suites, we look forward to staying again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

When I arrived at the hotel, the lobby was beautiful, like in the web site. The pool was a joke, its deep end consisted of 3.5 feet and looked more like a wading pool for kids. The continental breakfast was surprisingly good, nice variety. The room I was staying in was only ok, until I noticed that the sheets were very worn and had a rip in them. The towels had stains on them, like make-up that they could not get out (guess they forgot to bleach). The carpeting in the room looked like it had not been vacuumed for at least a week, there was grass and other particles in plain view. The mirrors had not been cleaned in I don't know how long, there was "stuff" splattered all over them. There was also visible wiring and the telephone was dead all 4 days we stayed in the room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Well to start we checked in on a Tuesday afternoon and was expecting a nice room. We have three children, 11 years old, 2 years old and 7 months. We walked in expecting a nice size room since that is what we asked for and it wasn't at all. We had two queen beds and a bathroom the size of a closet. For anyone traveling with two small children you know how bath time can be..... The carpets were not vacuumed, the bathroom not very clean and no dresser space for our clothes. Maid service was a joke...only made one bed, didn't restock the toilet paper, cups or coffee. When I called the front desk and told them of the rooms condition, I was told that I could come down to the front desk and get the supplies myself. I would not recommend this place to anyone.....STAY AWAY....not even worth the money.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Omaha, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

We went for my daughter's boyfriend's graduation from Fort Jackson. NOTE TO FT JACKSON GRADUATION ATTENDEES: get to gate 4 very early on your first visit for family day or graduation AND HAVE ID'S FOR EVERY PERSON IN THE CAR READY! We got there at 7:30 am and was still in line for 30 minutes! After receiving your car pass you can enter through any gate and this hotel is closest to gate 1 but easy to get to all. Ok back to the hotel, we were very impressed with the lobby/breakfast area and the young man at the front desk! The room was fine but we were disappointed with the housekeeping staff. Our first impression of the room was spoiled by finding a receipt on the floor and finding clothing and other items left by the last guest. That told us housekeeping does not do their jobs well. There were no ashtrays for the smoking room, no TV remote or guide, no instruction sticker on the phone and no stopper for the sink. We booked a room for friends and the computer didn't check them in correctly so it kept re-selling the room. Therefore, issuing keys to people who kept trying to enter their room. The staff apologized and fixed the problem but not until after a man tried to enter their room at 3:30 am. He pushed on the door so hard he lossened the safety lock! Overall we really enjoyed our stay and definately would stay again. The desk staff was great and fixed all the minor problems quickly. We also enjoyed being able to walk across the parking lot to Waffle House for a quick bite. I know some people don't like to eat there but we enjoyed the fun and friendly atmosphere and all our food was very cheap and good.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Fort Jackson Maingate? Share your experiences!