“Awesome Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Liberty means many things to many different people. It is a celebration of the great American farmer and the rich bounty he puts on our tables. It is a celebration of America's melting pot of rich ethnic cooking styles. It is a celebration of the resurgence of the hancrafted-brewing style of the pre-prohibition small American brewery. It is a celebration of life, family and the pursuit of happiness. So bring us your hungry, your thirsty and fun-loving, we'll send you home refreshed and fulfilled.
Virginia
“Awesome Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I went here with friends while I was visiting. We have been to a few brunch places but this was one of the less fancy yet equally amazing ones we visited. I loved the Lincoln hash, and I can say it truly did cure my hangover. They also serve very yummy mini blueberry muffins as you wait and their shrimp and grits looked awesome. Great service and I can't wait to come back for some more hash browns!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oakland, New Jersey
“Fun atmosphere and good bar food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My son and I attended freshman orientation at University of South Carolina in late June, early July. We watched one of the World Cup soccer matches while seated in the bar area. It was a very convivial atmosphere and would be appropriate for a date night, hanging out with friends or a family dinner. We both had salads which were very good.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, Mississippi
“Typical Stop for Me in Columbia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Because this restaurant is so close to my usual hotel in Columbia, I eat here almost every trip. I love the Shea Crab Soup, but it can be a little inconsistent. I also really enjoy the Asian Tuna Sandwich.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“First meal in South Carolina and it was Great !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stopped here while doing the college tour with my daughter and we loved it. Have eaten here many times over the 4 years she was in college. Her fav was the Shrimp & Grits - spicy and yummy, with a side of the apple walnut slaw, which is sweet. I would suggest either the Liberty chicken or the Bourbon chicken - both with a great sauce - or a steak - they're all good. Loved trying the different beers - coming from Houston, it was hard to find a new beer, but we did well with the more regional brews.
Friendly service and always willing to answer questions about the town or college. Nice location in the Vista - easy street parking.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Abbeville, South Carolina
“Not what it used to be. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We really enjoyed the last time we ate here in 2013. So our expectations were higher. It seemed like a different restaurant now. The menu appears to have changed and was very blah. Had to ask for a beer list... This is a tap room so I'd expect that at the table.
And the service was just service... I can sum up the waiter in his parting words: "hope you enjoyed your food." No thanks for coming in or any interest at all. He took the order and delivered the food; actually someone else delivered the food, he dropped off the check before we were even done eating and that's not cool for dinner service.
I honestly don't remember much about the food. It wasn't terrible but not enough to make up for the service.
I recommend crossing the street to Longhorn if you want a meal with great service.
Next time I'm in town I'll likely not be back unless there is evidence of improvement.

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for visiting us again at Liberty and thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. We were glad to hear you enjoyed your first experience with us but it was unfortunate to hear that we failed to maintain a consistent approach to our service and hospitality in this most recent visit. We have made changes to our menu, but that is no excuse for our failure to exceed your expectations during this recent meal. You are also correct in pointing out that you should have to ask for the beer list. We have great pride for our beer selections and we clearly failed to display that pride by not even providing you a menu. We do place tremendous value in the feedback we receive from our guests, and we will be reviewing your comments immediately with our team. We will not make any excuses for this recent visit, we will only promise to learn from it, while improving future guest experiences. We can only hope this most recent experience will not prevent you from dining with us again, as we know we can exceed your expectations if given another opportunity. Thank you for your comments and we hope to have the chance to serve you again soon.