“First meal in South Carolina and it was Great !!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 846 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Liberty means many things to many different people. It is a celebration of the great American farmer and the rich bounty he puts on our tables. It is a celebration of America's melting pot of rich ethnic cooking styles. It is a celebration of the resurgence of the hancrafted-brewing style of the pre-prohibition small American brewery. It is a celebration of life, family and the pursuit of happiness. So bring us your hungry, your thirsty and fun-loving, we'll send you home refreshed and fulfilled.
Houston, Texas
“First meal in South Carolina and it was Great !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stopped here while doing the college tour with my daughter and we loved it. Have eaten here many times over the 4 years she was in college. Her fav was the Shrimp & Grits - spicy and yummy, with a side of the apple walnut slaw, which is sweet. I would suggest either the Liberty chicken or the Bourbon chicken - both with a great sauce - or a steak - they're all good. Loved trying the different beers - coming from Houston, it was hard to find a new beer, but we did well with the more regional brews.
Friendly service and always willing to answer questions about the town or college. Nice location in the Vista - easy street parking.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Abbeville, South Carolina
“Not what it used to be. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We really enjoyed the last time we ate here in 2013. So our expectations were higher. It seemed like a different restaurant now. The menu appears to have changed and was very blah. Had to ask for a beer list... This is a tap room so I'd expect that at the table.
And the service was just service... I can sum up the waiter in his parting words: "hope you enjoyed your food." No thanks for coming in or any interest at all. He took the order and delivered the food; actually someone else delivered the food, he dropped off the check before we were even done eating and that's not cool for dinner service.
I honestly don't remember much about the food. It wasn't terrible but not enough to make up for the service.
I recommend crossing the street to Longhorn if you want a meal with great service.
Next time I'm in town I'll likely not be back unless there is evidence of improvement.

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for visiting us again at Liberty and thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. We were glad to hear you enjoyed your first experience with us but it was unfortunate to hear that we failed to maintain a consistent approach to our service and hospitality in this most recent visit. We have made changes to our menu, but that is no excuse for our failure to exceed your expectations during this recent meal. You are also correct in pointing out that you should have to ask for the beer list. We have great pride for our beer selections and we clearly failed to display that pride by not even providing you a menu. We do place tremendous value in the feedback we receive from our guests, and we will be reviewing your comments immediately with our team. We will not make any excuses for this recent visit, we will only promise to learn from it, while improving future guest experiences. We can only hope this most recent experience will not prevent you from dining with us again, as we know we can exceed your expectations if given another opportunity. Thank you for your comments and we hope to have the chance to serve you again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good Food, Great Bar Specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

In town for three days and stopped here for our first night's dinner. I wasn't very hungry since we had a late lunch, so I decided to go with the Blue Cheese Wedge and a bowl of She-Crab soup. Was highly satisfied. The wedge salad was one of the best I've had. The soup....amazing! I was glad we chose this spot for dinner. Crowds were at a minimum even with a great 2.75 pint special that evening. Selection of beers on tap was impressive. Would definitely visit here again.

Visited June 2014
Wilmington, Delaware
“USC Orientation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Not one to stop at chains and we went here on the recommendation of a coworker (and Gamecock dad) who I respect for his "fooding". OK so I made up a word. Will keep it simple...

Super friendly and attentive staff.

Great selection on tap that included local/regional, national and international. Being from Delaware was impressed to see they picked dogfish 61 (which i skipped since i can have T home but try it!). I had a few SC brews and they were great.

Food was very good bar food. Bourbon chicken was perfectly cooked with a sweet bbq sauce and a light layer of gouda. Not my normal choice since at home I live on chicken but glad I took the recommendation. Pizza with tossed crust was good with very fresh ingredients.

Suspect this will become a comfy standard during our kids 4 years of college.

Would not hesitate to make this choice!

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for visiting Liberty Tap Room during USC orientation with your family! It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our beer selection, the bourbon chicken, and pizza. We look forward to your next visit with the family!
Augusta, Georgia
“Service slow but food good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is part of a chain, but is conveniently located on Gervais street. We were quickly greeted and shown our table. However it was about ten minutes before our server showed up. We were tempted to leave. They have a nice selection of beers and the appetizers are good. We had the calamari which was crispy without being over fried. My wife had the strawberry, spinach and shrimp salad. She reports it was delicious. I had the classic grilled burger. The bun was a little dry, but the burger had good flavor. Aside from the slow service, it was a nice place to eat.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for visiting us at Liberty Tap Room and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We do apologize for the wait during your visit, but we're very happy to hear that the rest of your experience was enjoyable. We're glad you were pleased with the selection of beers and appetizers, and that your wife enjoyed the salad. We hope to have the opportunity to serve both of you again soon.