“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Liberty means many things to many different people. It is a celebration of the great American farmer and the rich bounty he puts on our tables. It is a celebration of America's melting pot of rich ethnic cooking styles. It is a celebration of the resurgence of the hancrafted-brewing style of the pre-prohibition small American brewery. It is a celebration of life, family and the pursuit of happiness. So bring us your hungry, your thirsty and fun-loving, we'll send you home refreshed and fulfilled.
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Right in the heart of downtown Columbia. This area is really humming and the Liberty is at the center of all the night life. Great value and good service. Good wine, great burgers, what more could you want.

Visited November 2013
thanksfordining, Public Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Brian, thank you for choosing Liberty! We are so happy that you enjoyed everything and we look forward to taking care of you again soon!

“great beer selection and shrimp & grits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

they have one of the best draft beer selections in Columbia
tried their shrimp & grits recommended by waiter and was not disappointed
grits very creamy and good firm shrimp with good cream sauce

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
thanksfordining, Public Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing Liberty Tap Room! We are so happy that you like our draft beer selection, we look forward to taking care of you again soon!
Sumter, South Carolina
“Sunday night dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were on the way home and decided to stop by and get a bite of dinner. The host greeted us and we went into the bar area. We were greeted right away by a small blonde hair girl. She was really friendly and recommended the southern tier warlock and asked us right away if we would like to put in an Appetizer. We got the low country crab dip which was pretty good. We asked her what her favorite meal was And she recommend the Maui ribeye topped with sautéed onions and mushrooms. My husband got the regular ribeye and I got the strawberry shrimp salad, both delicious. There was a tall boy with brown hair who helped the girl run our drinks. They were helping each other the whole time I was there. The teamwork and service was great. I am recommending this restaurant to all of my friends.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Liberty Tap Room! We are so happy that you enjoyed your food and your experience with us! We look forward to taking care of you and your friends!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
“Lovely brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Lovely bar restaurant. Stopped in for Sunday brunch. Limited menu compared to the evening but fine. She crab soup was very good. My Cobb salad was also fine. My wife's burger with grits on the side(!) was well cooked -rare as she wished. Only downside was slow service and a cool but correct waiter though we had to flag another waiter to find ours to get the check. Good meal and I'd go back. Prices very fair.

Visited October 2013
thanksfordining, Public Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Liberty Tap Room! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to taking care of you again soon!
Louisville
“Great, casual, inexpensive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I were staying overnight in Columbia at the nearby Hilton. Liberty was recommended for takeout, as we were exhausted. Never had better takeout! We shared an excellent burger and delicious caesar salad. (WIshed I had gotten my own instead of sharing, after we realized how good!) The burger was full of flavor and the chicken on the salad was very good, too. Also, the food was reasonable priced. I hear they welcome pets on their patio. As a pet lover, I appreciate that very much. Worth a stop if in the area.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Molly thank you so much for choosing Liberty Tap Room for take-out! We are delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed a burger and salad! We look forward to taking care of you again next time you are in Columbia!