“FEAR!” 1 of 5 stars

621 South Assembly St, Columbia, SC 29201   |
Ranked #82 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
“FEAR!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I've been in some pretty bad hotels and have never complained, but this, this is where horror movies start out. Creepy lecherous guy up at the front desk coupled with the dark parking lot in the rear surrounded by a broken fence. As we came all the way from Florida for basic training graduation we wouldn't run then but oh we wish we had. Upon entering the room were were assailed by an over powered scent of mold and cigarette smoke. As smokers we normally wouldn't be able to smell it unless it was noxious and pervasive. That being said as we gagged in our "non smoking" room that just so happened to have an ash tray we felt our resolve weakening. Needed to be up in four hours we resolved to stay just for the night that is until we entered the restroom and came face to face with a wall of mold... gagging and unable to even think of sleeping we canceled our further booking and huddled on a bed in fear of the serial killer that was sure to come through one of the many half patched holes in the walls. Couldn't even charge our phones to call for help seeing as how the outlets were litterally ripped from the walls. This place is not for the faint of heart nose or disposition. Dont be the dumb blond in a horror movie, run while you can.

• Stayed April 2014

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I really wish that I had read the reviews before my gf and I stayed. But the price was $50 a night so I was drawn to it. When we walked into the room it smelled like cigarettes and sex. We killed TWO roaches that night not to mention what we couldn't see! The shower liner was BLACK with mold and mildew. It was honestly the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my entire life. It was HORRIBLE. The young man at the front was very friendly though and he seemed a bit sad when he saw us walking in like " sorry you guys are staying here". Oh and I forgot there was also a pubic hair in the toilet when we went to use the bathroom. So we just had to run to the CVS to buy Lysol and febreeze to clean up a room that should have already been cleaned. I honestly believe we would have been better off sleeping in our car. But then again maybe not because there was a prostitue giving fellacio to a man out front in his truck. This hotel is TERRIBLE.

• Stayed February 2014
Burlington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This motel should be cleaned up or torn down.I don't have one postive thing to say about this motel.I have never seen a establishment that was this nasty.The bed's are worn out including the pillows.The carpet was nasty,the sheets were so thin you could see thru them,and the blanket and bed cover had burn holes in them.The bathroom shower looked like it had year's of dirt growned in the bottom of the tub, the shower curtain was so thin the water camewould thru the curtain.The dust was horrible in the entire room.The paint was dirty and peeling.The heat system was very noisy.I would advise everyone to by pass this motel unless you want to stay awake all night and wonder what is crawling on you or what disease you have contacted.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Enough said. Do not stay here, you will not be able to fall asleep unless you drink heavily first. Lots of smokers, who may be permanent residents, exude human despair. I have pity for people in those circumstances, but at 109 a night I do expect cleanliness at the very least.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Last minute game trip for 6 of us. We knew this had bad ratings, but it was beyond anything we had ever witnessed in our lives. I am speaking for the men in our group as well. We got this on a friend's "points", but otherwise they were charging $90.00!!!!!!!!!! Game weekend rate!!!
Our room was so nasty that my socks were sticking to the carpet! Since we all decided it was not a good idea to sleep on the nasty covers or the blanket under it, I laid them out around the room to cover the carpet. The lamp shade over one bed had some kind of stain. One head board in each of our rooms were broken. Our room had 1 cheap picture and the other missing (but the nail was there), the other room had no pictures (but the nails were there). One room had an iron burn in the carpet. There was a Walmart tag on the bathroom floor from a previous visitor. We already knew the rooms weren't clean before we saw the tag! We all slept in long pj pants or our jeans, long sleeve shirts and socks on top of the sheets.
Not that we used them, but the towels in the bathrooms were GRAY. Bleach is pretty cheap, just say'in! We didn't touch the phones or anything that we could possibly avoid. I left my toothbrush b/c it touched the bathroom counter.
The outside looks like a crack house. I never saw any complimentary food, but if I had, no one would have gone near any of it!
I think my picture says it all. This questionable stain was between the bed and bedside table. Similar stains were everywhere, including the nasty bathrooms. The shower curtains were full of mold.
Some of the other room doors were wide open w/ no one staying in them. ALL of the rooms look like a CRIME SCENE!!! Oh, but the microwaves were new!! The person that got us the rooms is mortified to say the least.
If you ever saw the movie "Silkwood", this is how we bathed when we got home.
Thank goodness it was only a 2 hour drive!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a decent place to stay. It has all of the normal conveniences of your average suite and the gym isn't bad at all. Like most parking lots in Columbia the atmosphere of the parking lot is a little shady at night, but the hotel does what they can to provide a safe location.

• Stayed December 2011
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My boyfriend chose to stay here due to it's proximity to the USC football stadium, and I reluctantly went along....I am totally regretting being a good sport now.
Got here last night and my jaw dropped when we pulled in the parking lot, the building itself is stained, dirty and disgusting.
The lobby area is gross and there was a vagrant wandering around.
Got to the room and I immediately wanted to walk out. I am not going to waste time taking photos but let me describe: wallpaper peeling, nasty/old furniture, TV popping out of the wall, horrible bed with no sheets/bed skirt on the box springs, linens are very old and worn out, the bathroom is filthy, dirty with hairs on the floor. I was seriously wishing I had a haz-mat suit to zip up all around me to even walk around the room.
This is absolutely the worst hotel room I have ever been stayed in my entire life!
We are booked for two nights but I cannot take it, I am paying out the nose to move us to the Hilton.
I wish I had read these reviews more closely and had avoided this horrible, dirty, disgusting place!

Room Tip: There are none, our nephews are across the hall and their room is similarly disgusting.