“Will stay again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 92 hotels in Columbia
Morgantown, WV
“Will stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was my first time at a Residence Inn. I was impressed. Had a king bed separate from living area. Got in late and was glad to find microwave popcorn in my room as a snack. They also had a small market area where I found frozen yogurt. That got me till Breakfast. Breakfast is great. M-F evenings they have a small meal. Some nights was hamburgers/hotdogs.but one evening was shrimp alfredo! Very good. They will also do your grocery shopping and deliver to your room. I believe it is free. I didn't take advantage of it. The TV did n't have alot of channels so was not real happy about that.. Also the bathtub drain was very slow. Otherwise, a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Katie R, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers. We are so happy happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities offered. We hope to welcome you back next time you are in the area!

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

You've really got to time your arrival in the general area to avoid Charlotte at drive time. We chose, since it was a Saturday and we'd driven enough, to stay in Columbia. The hotel has a full kitchen and that makes it so handy when you want to stay put and make your own dinner. General condition was fine with one evident stain on a chair that probably ought to be attended to. Cleanliness fine. We would stay here again. Breakfast offered the normal fare with great coffee to start the day. Staff all genial.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our spacious suites make a great "home away from home" with full kitchens and great added amenities. We hope to see you next time on your way through. Thanks for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast!

Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is a tricky place to get too as it is off I-77 and near Two Notch and I-20. You see the signs to turn off I-77 for the Residence Inn, but it sits on a side road behind some trees so that you almost miss it. It does sit next door to the Cracker Barrel if that helps.
The staff was very friendly and check-in was quick. My room was spacious. It consisted of a separate bedroom and bath from the living area. There was large refrigerator and a small stove. The hotel will also shop for groceries for you if you provide them a list before 9 am. The desk lamp and the TV remote did not work in my room. I complained to the desk who fixed both promptly.
Near the desk is a section that you can buy beer, drinks, candy, snacks, ice cream, and limited frozen entrees. This hotel offers a free hot breakfast. It was not a bad breakfast compared to some places I stayed. However as I mentioned earlier there is a Cracker Barrel next door if you want something better. In addition on Monday to Thursday in the afternoon they offer a free get together that varies on nights from a spaghetti dinner to hamburgers and hotdogs. I usually filled up at this meal and never had a need to go out for dinner.

Room Tip: The train runs in back of the hotel and the traffic in front. The rooms are somewhat insulated, but...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough and kind review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, but apologize that you had troubles getting to the hotel. Our front desk staff is available 24/7 and are always happy to guide guests to the hotel by phone. We hope that have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Thanks for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast!

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This Residence Inn is fine...as long as you don't sit on the furniture. The couch and chair in the living area was so worn out that you sank (no we don't weigh 350 lbs) when we tried to use the furniture. The room was not that clean and combined with the worn-out furniture, it was not a particulary good stay. They have some work to do. One main thing is that no one walks the halls to remove bags of garbage, especially on the weekends so garbage accumulates until the one or two designated persons hauls it to the dumpster...and the trash cans were overflowing. I don't think they have figured out this is a 7 day a week operation (They certainly charge for the room on Saturdays and Sundays), but they act like services are only due Monday through Friday. The front desk staff and dining room attendant were very nice/cordial/helpful.

Dear dcseny,

It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations and it is with sadness and regret that my team was not able to sense your discontent and offer their personal service resolution. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review.

In regards to the hotel, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our hotel; in fact, I trust that you would be highly pleased with the hotel's upcoming full renovation. We recognize that there are great properties in Columbia and we are completely dedicated to frequent improvements of our amenities so that we may strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and to demonstrate our commitment to excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

Yours in hospitality.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This has been our stop on the way to Hilton Head Island for last few years. It is a very clean and friendly place to stay. We like the two bedroom suite, it is very reasonable and a morning breakfast bar is included. The breakfast bar is a quick and convenient way to start off the day of travel.

Room Tip: The upper floor is the best location.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Katie R, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review. We truly appreciate it! Thanks for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast. We look forward to seeing you next year on your stop through to Hilton Head!
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stay here almost everytime I come to Columbia. Staff is very friendly and accomadating. Rooms are clean and very comfortable. Suites really have two rooms and a full kitchen. Internet is always strong. One of the best features is the food. Every morning there is an excellent breakfast and the people handling the kitchen even remember that I LOVE bacon and make sure I get some. Mary Ann and Paula have actually said "Let me get you some bacon, I know how much you love it." Were are you going to get that type treatment. Then the evening social. The food is always plentiful and flavorful. Miss Doretha takes great pleasure in insuring everyone that comes in to eat her food is made welcome and enjoys their meal. It is like visiting an aunt that looks forward to your visit. Tomato soup is outstanding. And there is draft beer.
GREAT EXPERIENCE for short or long term stay.

Room Tip: I have stayed all around the hotel and could find no preference except closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for the great review and kind words! I will make sure to pass them on to the staff. Our kitchen staff is some of the best and truly exude southern hospitality. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meals and your stay with us. Thanks for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast. We truly look forward to seeing you next time!

katie.register@marriott.com
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Some relatives and I were in town for my sister's graduation and we stayed for 2 nights in the 2-bedroom suite.

Pros: The hotel has a great location near restaurants, a nice mall and other shops. We didn't have to travel very far to get what we wanted and I scored some killer shoes at the mall. As soon as we walked in we noticed a sign welcoming the families of Fort Jackson graduates which we thought was a wonderful touch. We were also given a hearty welcome from Miss Aretha who let us know there was a complimentary dinner social at 6pm. Can I just say how much my family LOVED this woman?! She was so very friendly and treated every guest like family. She even took pictures with us and gave us hugs as we left the dining area. What a charming lady! The meal was pretty good for complimentary. The rooms were very clean and the beds were quite comfy. The pool seemed nice although we didn't get a chance to use it but my kid brother made plenty use of the basketball court. The grounds are well kept and we felt very comfortable there. We also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning. Too bad the morning staff wasn't as much fun as Miss Aretha. But they were polite and helpful.

Cons: Unfortunately there was some sort of glitch with our room keys so we were not able to get into our rooms right away. This was a bit irritating considering we had been on the road for 11 hours and really wanted to unwind. Kudos to the desk staff ( forgive me I don not recall their names) who were very apologetic and worked urgently to get the matter resolved. In the meantime we decided to drive to the graduation site (using directions provided by the staff) to get familiar with the route for the next day. When we got back everything was fixed and we got into our rooms

The only other gripe was the fact that when we asked for a roll-away bed, they said they had run out,

Overall, for the price, it was a wonderful stay and we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to our hardworking staff. I know they will appreciate that you have reached out! Ms. Aretha is a true asset to our hotel and guests. We are so happy that you were able to meet her! We do regret that you experienced a problem with your keys, but are please to hear it was rectified in a timely manner.

Please pass on our congratulations to your sister. We are so proud of our Fort Jackson graduates and are HONORED to have them stay at the hotel. We thank you sister for her service!

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again if you are ever passing through or are in the area!

katie.register@marriott.com

Been to Residence Inn Columbia Northeast? Share your experiences!