“Yummy Southern Sea Food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Marlin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 839 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Dessert, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dayton, Ohio
“Yummy Southern Sea Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Loved the shrimp and grits, salmon, and fish cakes. Very delicious with great Southern Beers on tap! Highly worth visiting if you're in the Columbia area!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Greer
“Outstanding surprise in Columbia, SC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had lunch at the Blue Marlin and was amazed by the quality and generous luncheon portion , the delightful ambience of the old train station, impeccable service for the same price some Greenville restaurants charge for a stand up and order it yourself chicken salad sandwich. I was in Columbia on business later that month, returned for dinner and had the same delightful experience. The complimentary collards were delicious - I had never had them prepared like that which is probably why I thought I didn't like them. Highly recommend the Blue Marlin to anyone looking for great food, fun bar and reasonable prices.

Visited April 2013
Cayce, South Carolina
“the best shrimp'n grits!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

service is fast , and servers know what they r selling!! thought it is gonna be expensive, and fansy dining, but it was not that bad!! our first visit, and we are all happy!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte
“Blue in Shining Colors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

When my friend got this as a recommendation from the hotel concierge I thought it would likely be an expensive tourist trap. Not at all. I do believe there were some pricey things on the menu, but there was enough variety at worthy pricing for me to fully enjoy the experience.

The hostess gave us a good introduction regarding the restaurant's trademark for soaking the drink of the day in fruit. This evening it was pineapple in vodka, and the chunks were huge as they sat on top of the bar in this gigantic jar. The specialty drink was pineapple martini. I did not have one, but my friends did and they liked it. I had the Dark and Stormy, which is rum with ginger beer. They were happy to accommodate a switch from their dark rum to my preferred Myers' Rum. Delicious.

Nice warm bread with honey butter to snack on while we waited, plus a cup of seafood gumbo for me. The wait was not long, and I wish I had ordered a bowl because the gumbo was so fresh and good. For dinner I had the Charleston Tilapia - baked and stuffed with seafood. Came with grits and string beans. All very tasty and presented well. I remember my friend had the Seafood Sampler, and shared some with his wife. I don't remember what she ordered, but when they finished sharing, both of their plates still looked full. We were each pleasantly stuffed from the servings. So much so that I didn't have room for dessert, though I wanted to try something just because everything else was so good.

I look forward to returning here... which is what my friend did the following day while his wife was at a seminar (we had Saturday night dinner).

BURPs Up!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great graduation dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Amazed that we had a great seafood dinner the evening of graduation at the Blue Marlin. Terrific shrimp and grits. Excellent service.

Visited May 2013