“Yes, Virginia, you can find fresh healthy dining in Columbia, SC!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of M Grille

M Grille
530 Lady Street, Columbia, SC 29201
(803) 708-8881
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
M Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 839 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Organic, Asian fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lady and Pulaski
Holliston
“Yes, Virginia, you can find fresh healthy dining in Columbia, SC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Last week I drove to Columbia, SC to help my daughter move into her new apartment for grad school. She and I are both vegan, and she was a bit anxious about finding dining options "in the land of BBQ and Bojangles", as she put it. Most of the week were catching light bites on the go at the local Whole Foods Market, Chipotle, etc. However, the last night I wanted to go for a nice meal -- we had earned it after several days of moving, unpacking,shopping, and more unpacking.

After reading various menus on line, we headed for a fun section of Downtown Columbia known as the Vista. I had planned to go to M Vista at 701 Lady Street, but after parking our car, we by accident ended up at their brand new, as in open for just 9 days, sister restaurant, M Grille! What a great accident that was!!

M Grille is fresh, organic, Asian fusion. The simple, sophisticated elegance was the perfect backdrop for a wonderful dinner, and I always love an open kitchen where you see the food being prepared! There were many fresh vegetable options from our heirloom tomato, avocado and microgreens salad, to white asparagus, to navy beans, to a veggie sushi roll made with brown rice. I even splurged on a cucumber basil martini (almost like a mojito but with vodka).

Service was great and our server ensured that all of our dishes were prepared freshly to accommodate us. The owner/chef, Michelle Wang, also visited our table with some other delicious samples to try. For our non vegan friends there were options with seafood, chicken and beef, and everything we saw delivered to nearby tables looked fabulous, and we could hear other delighted diners sharing their comments.

On a future trip, we may make it further up the street to M Vista, but we are glad that ended up at 530 Lady Street at M Grille!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, SC
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I are a fan of all of the "M" restaurants. This one is no exception. The interior is beautiful! The food is healthy and flavorful. We had the crabcake appetizer and it was one of the best crab cakes I have ever had! Our entrees were great - the side sauce that came with the chicken was exceptional. This restaurant is right in the heart of the Vista in Columbia. Perfect location! We will be back!

• Visited August 2013