“Great Mother's Day Brunch” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #161 of 839 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian
“Great Mother's Day Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Recently had a great brunch there with my family on Mother's Day. All of the food and the service was excellent. We will be back soon!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great Fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was my third trip to Moe's. On two occasions, I have chosen a fish dish, and both times the fish was cooked to perfection. The ambience reminds me a bit of places in Italy. Wine selection is adequate. Service was polite and attentive. Great background music adds to the experience. Limoncello at the bar after dinner made the evening special. I swear, I don't know why the place isn't packed every time I go.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, SC
“Wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Since I had eaten this restaurant many years ago, I wanted to catch up on the reviews. Unfortunately, I read Miz Terry's review. Perhaps, she was correct at the time she ate there in April, 2013; however, there has been a 100% changeover of servers. The interior being "cold" is a subjective subject, as I found it quite comfortable eating there this evening. Now to the food and service: My server was Mary and she was very attentive without being overly so. The food? To die for!!! My order consisted of the Sicillian Shrimp and the Grapevine Chicken. The portions were large for me, as I do not overeat. No where in Columbia could one get better tasting dishes. I chose the house/garden salad with the house-made Italian dressing. The salad was very fresh and the dressing was very light, to my complete satisfaction. Needless to say, I will not let so many years elapse before returning.

Miz Terry, I implore you to return to this restaurant. I think you will be very happy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Elgin, SC
“How awful can it get?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Oh let me spell it out for you..."save your money." Good heavens, this place was not good. I got together with my fellow foodies to visit this little gem for lunch and I was incredibly disappointed. When we got there, the restaurant's indoor temperature was COLD. It didn't even feel inviting. Our waiter was fairly nice, but that was about the best part of this whole visit. In taking our order, he told us we could have the lunch meal with a house salad for $7.95 or we could upgrade our salad for an additional dollar. I spent a dollar to upgrade mine to a caesar. I didn't feel this was right, but this is how they operate. I and one friend ordered the lunch lasagna with upgraded salad and garlic bread. My other friend got the blackened chicken alfredo with the upgraded salad. We waited...and waited...and waited. No bread ever came to the table while we waited. In fact, no bread ever arrived at all!
The salad was good but I upgraded and only got a smidge of salad. The sauce on my lasagna tasted canned and it had next to no cheese on it. I ate it, but really, it wasn't good. My friend with the alfredo, she didn't even finish her meal because the alfredo had no flavor. When she brought this up to the waiter, he said, well maybe it didn't have enough sauce. He brought her more, but in trying the additional sauce, she really didn't like it. She said it was bland with no cheese taste to it at all. The waiter did get approval for 50 percent off her ticket, but we felt this was not a good place to eat. If the lunch was awful, I can only imagine what dinner would be like at twice the price. No thank you. This is definitely one to pass on.

• Visited April 2013