“customer service UGGH!” 1 of 5 stars

803-451-0051
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cola's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 798 Restaurants in Columbia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lady Street
Transit: There is a bus station 50 feet from Cola"s front door.
Columbia, South Carolina
“customer service UGGH!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were sadly disappointed about the service...not the food, at Cola's. We went on a slow Thursday evening. The hostess was a dingbat for lack of a better word and seemed unaware of how to take someone to a table...she was wearing UGGH boots to boot! Server also was so disconnected that I asked him if he was miserable doing his job. In the end...we came for dinner and drinks and instead left after the appetizer.

Enough said...try Wild Hare...cheaper and sweet, attentive staff.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Florence, South Carolina
“Creative food, hip atmosphere & fab interior!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This restaurant was the former RC Cola bottling company in the earlier part of the 1900's, and it is has been lovingly and beautifully renovated to reflect that heritage and era. The tables, bar, banquettes, furnishings, light fixtures and tile work so well together and give it a modern 1940's feel that makes it a hip place to dine and hang out.

The food is also exceptional and imaginative. For appetizers, we had the shrimp & grits, scallops, and the barbecue eggrolls. The Eggrolls are a keeper. I will get them again! The others were also very tasty.

For my entree, I ordered the short ribs, which were very, very good with grits. My friend ordered the pork chop, which was probably one of the best I've tasted, even though I'm not a huge pork chop fan. My husband ordered the scored, fried whole flounder. It was good, but not outstanding.

Cola's has a dessert/pastry chef, so we got a couple of desserts to share. On our friend's recommendation, we tried the sorbet, which was FANTASTIC!!! The cinnamon bun bread pudding was rich and very good.

I would recommend Cola's to anyone living in or visiting Columbia.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“WOW - try this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I am re-writing a review that I just put under "Cola." It's the same place, but now there are two spots for it on Trip Advisor.

Long story short - the food is great, the location is great, and the service is great. You must try the asparagus appetizer (just trust me). We enjoyed the high-backed booths, everyone else enjoyed their meal, and the bill was VERY reasonable for what I had expected.

I have two small items that kept it from "excellent" - the beer selection was low, and honestly, I didn't care for my own dinner choice. I'm not a big fan of salmon, and the dish I had didn't do it for me. Having said that, I can't wait to try something else there next time I am in Columbia!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“WOW - try this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We used to live in Columbia, and this is a new restaurant that's opened since we've moved (I think maybe this past summer). It was recommend to us by a local, and I am glad he did.

It's a great location (basically on the opposite corner from the State Capitol) in what I thought was only an abandoned old building, which they have renovated. We were told that they spent about three years designing the place and salvaging (recycling) construction parts. It looks great, but more importantly the food is wonderful.

I HIGHLY recommend you get the asparagus appetizer. Just trust me on this one! The service was fast, and we loved the high-backed booth we sat in. It was almost as if we had our own private room. We had a great meal, and the bill was VERY reasonable for what I was expecting.

Two small complaints: the beer selection is low, and I must admit I didn't care for my own dinner selection. I'm not a huge salmon guy and I didn't like this one, but everyone else loved their meals. I'll take my wife/friends/business associates back there next time we are in town and I'll try something else --- can't wait! I hope/expect to give them an "Excellent" rating next time.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A taste of New York in a small town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Great food. You should try the crispy sesame asparagus and the pulled pork
BBQ eggrolls. They have a great selection of drinks and wine. Service was excellent. I can't wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food