“Southern taste at its best” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 839 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Description: Been in same location about 10 years.
Description: Been in same location about 10 years.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Southern taste at its best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in to eat lunch without any idea other than the parking lot being full. A great choice! The buffet area was clean with a good selection of veggies, bbq, chicken, and catfish. All food items were hot and perfectly seasoned. Had to grab a second plate!

Visited November 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were directed here for lunch by a local friend and were not disappointed! True southern style BBQ and sides served up in a very casual dining room. Be careful driving to the restaurant since it's right across the street from the local highway patrol office and there are a lot of policemen eating at the restaurant too so you know it's good and a good value. Highly recommend visiting here as well!

Visited November 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good Q”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had lunch there yesterday with a business associate. Price was good.
The pulled pork was tender and had a good taste, and their mustard based sauce has a nice acidity that compliments the meat. Mac & cheese was good.
I did not care for their hash.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia
“Great Catering Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Utilized this restaurant to cater my baby shower. Great service from the beginning. Now I didn't see the restaurant so I can't discuss that part.
I was a late planner and didn't request my order until 2 days before the event. Luckily they were very flexible and available and affordable. I planned for about 30 ppl - the cater menu stated - 1 meat, 2 traditional sides at $6.50/pp. That's the cheapest catering option I had found while doing my research - so I got the fried chicken, green beans, and rice and gravy. Added a fruit tray for $30. So you can do the math for this party. With this you received - cutlery, plates, napkins, that food is wrapped in aluminum foil like bins, jug of sweet and unsweet tea or whatever option you want. The only thing about this place is the hours of operation 11am - 2:30 pm. I had never eaten here before, only found it due to google search. The food was picked up to avoid delivery fee - it was hot on arrival and plentiful. The chicken was really good and the fruit tray was really good. The green beans and rice and gravy looked and smelled good but lacked flavor. The tea was good of course - nobody drunk any unsweet tea in hindsight I should have anticipated that. I have no complaints overall considering that the prices were really fair and the phone customer service was prompt and pleasant.

• Visited August 2013
Lexington, S.C.
“Average food and price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I have eaten lunch here a few times, last time was today 7/1/13. My wife likes the fish, and I usually eat the BBQ pork, with rice and hash. Unfortunately I really don't care a lot for their hash, to me it has an "off" taste to it, the brown gravy is better. The fried chicken and veggies are fairly good, and it is a buffet, so the price is fair. Of the BBQ places I've eaten around town (and we have several) I would rate it probably #4 on my list of favorites.

• Visited July 2013