“Good stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites at Harbison

You added Comfort Suites at Harbison to your Saves list
Comfort Suites at Harbison
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Saturn Pkwy @ Harbison Blvd (Exit 103), Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Savannah, Georgia
“Good stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Ok so let me just start by saying yes, there is construction going on at this hotel. Yes it does effect your stay. However, the staff goes out of there way to make you happy. It was a good price, and the room was big enough to fit my wife, myself, and my 4 kids. The free breakfast this morning was very good. Tobie worked the front desk yesterday and she was so nice and worked hard to make sure we had everything we needed. The only reason I did not give a 5 rating is because of the construction going on in the lobby area.

Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Excuse the mess, but after you get on elevator, it is a nice hotel. Your typical Comfort Suites that was very good for a one night stay. Breakfast was your normal free serving. The location was good for us, near our favorite wine store (Total Wine) and a few miles to Alodia's Italian Restaurant (Excellent). Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

You need to check out the construction progress. The room we were supposed to have was on the first floor and the lobby was in total construction mode. We arrived late and decided to leave because the construction workers will still working and it was 7 p.m.

Hopefully, this will be done soon....because it's disappointing not knowing that it was in such a state UNTIL we got there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Unknown to us when we booked this hotel it is undergoing reconstruction. The lobby was being remodeled and the desk clerk had a make shift table as the desk. The clerk was friendly and check -in was very quick. The room was large and clean. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. It was difficult to control the heat and air with the thermostat. The television worked well and the internet is complimentary. We were on the second floor and never hear any of the construction. The beds were comfortable.
The hotel is located between a highway and a Wal-mart. The noise did not bother me. It is located close to the mall and a number of restaurants and British Pub, although none are within walking distance. It is an easy access from the hotel to the interstate, however if you want to go to the mall you must cross the Wal-mart parking lot to get to a signal light to allow that passage.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Priceline disappointment. Don't get burned often, but when I do, ouch. Was disappointed when the name was revealed and the hotel never surpassed my low expectations of a 2 night stay.

At check in the worker commented "wow, you got this cheap". I had never known staff to be aware of my payment for the room as it is always prepaid. My request was to have a room opposite the highway- my mistake. This lead to an "upgrade" with a whirlpool. This "upgrade" was around the corner from the lobby. As she commented on my cheap price and the "upgrade" I decided to suck it up and take the room. Wrong move. When entering, overcome with smell of chlorine. Bathroom floor not clean. Carpet could have used vacuuming as old snacks stuck to my socks. Our room had a view with a large window to indoor pool- no kidding. Not fun to listen to and to watch everyone splash around from our room. Pool in use at 11:15 pm. call to front desk as we were trying to sleep. "We'll take care of it" (Pool closed at 10 pm) Call down 20 minutes later as people still having a pool party and then said again they would take care of it.
Shower with a leak in the top that sprays out whenever the shower is in use and sprays throughout the bathroom and floor. Obvious that this is an old problem based on the moisture in the bathroom.
Breakfast consisted of a variety of foods. One gentleman walked over to a garbage can and spit out spoiled milk. His wife told a worker about it who said "That happened to me too". She apologized and empty out the old cartons. I was sick to my stomach at the sight of this and didn't finish my breakfast or care to eat there the next day.
No housekeeping the next day. Front desk apologized at 3 pm and took responsibility. Said she forgot to change the room as an upgrade and we were considered no show with the room vacant. She said she would take care of it. At 4:45 nothing done. Asked and received more towels.
Guy on bike loitering around our car in the parking lot around 6:45. Side entrance propped with a rock. Smelled like smoke in our room in the evening.

Room Tip: Entire top floor being renovated, so not much available at 8:30 pm check-in. Would never recommend t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Well the location was fantastic, right near the mall, Walmart, Best Buy, all sorts of restaurants, right off the interstate. However, after driving most of the morning, I would've liked to have taken a nap. The noise levels were not conducive to resting. I dont know who or what was going on in the room next door but it was quite the bothersome. On top of that, the pillows were small and feather down so it was really flat, almost like laying on the mattress. The bed was not very comfortable at all. Just a plain ole spring mattress, nothing special. Of course the hot breakfast, indoor pool and Jacuzzi tub were all big pluses but after a night of not sleeping well, I woke up irritable and in mild pain. The purpose of going to a hotel is to sleep, period. We told the lady at the front desk that the bed wasn't comfortable and she just says, 'well there's nothing i can really do about that but everything else was nice, right?' That's beside the point. I could go anywhere and eat breakfast or swim. I came here to sleep and that I hardly did much of. Definitely won't be coming back. No, its not the lady's fault but her insensitivity was not welcomed. They will not continue to get any of our business if we are not guaranteed a good night's sleep.

• Stayed December 2013
Simpsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had a quick, one night stay at this Comfort Suites. The location is great...right off the interstate surrounded by a major shopping/dining area. The check in was quick and the front desk even called my room to make sure I was comfortable. The room was very spacious and the bed comfortable. I was surprised that the room was pretty quiet considering the closeness to the interstate. The bathroom appeared to be recently remodeled...loved the shower. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with a large variety of foods to choose from. The staff greeted me with a smile. I had to arrive and leave quickly but my stay was short and sweet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Suites at Harbison? Share your experiences!