“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites at Harbison

You added Comfort Suites at Harbison to your Saves list
Comfort Suites at Harbison
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Saturn Pkwy @ Harbison Blvd (Exit 103), Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #35 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
South Carolina
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this property on September 28th. The front desk clerk was friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and very spacious. The free breakfast included cereals, eggs, waffles, bagels, juice and coffee. Just enough to get your day started. For two ladies staying on property, we both felt safe the entire time (did not see any workers drinking in the parking lot). The property is in a busy area with lots to do and its only a short drive to five points. When I visit Columbia again, I will be staying at this Comfort Suites.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bryan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I really appreciate all the staff did to correct everything that needed to be corrected.. The hotell was very clean, friendly staff, and very good breakfast. My son got up early every morning to enjoy your breakfast and that's unusual for him. Thanks in advance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Margie R, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Harbison, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel. We try our best to make sure each and every guest's stay with us is pleasant, and I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us! I hope you will choose us again the next time you are in the area.
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice in recent months due to its proximity to USC. The hotel itself is very good. My issue is with the dozens of workmen (utility workers or road crew?) staying here on both trips that made the parking lot very unfomfortable. In the evening, these guys were downing beers in the parking lot and tailgating around their work trucks like it was a NASCAR event. This was on two stays months apart, so I cannot consider it an isolated event. I would not recommend this hotel for women traveling alone. Stays were during the week. Maybe the workmen clear out on weekends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Georgetown, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

this was the worst hotel stay i've had with my wife and child. the front desk staff couldn't find our reservation when we first arrived. throughout the day our visit was constantly interrupted by drunk military personnel...when we complained to the front desk we were told that it would be fine and that we were perfectly safe, the problem was never addressed. We finally left at 10:30pm for another hotel after the front desk [person was disrespectful to my wife. Tried for several days to get in contact with GM and totally got the run around....Awesome customer service, i think not.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Margie R, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Harbison, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
I would like to take the time to apologize for the issues you had during your stay at our hotel. We try our best to make each guest's stay pleasant and enjoyable, and I am sorry that you felt disrespected. I can assure you that your issues have been addressed, and I hope you can try us again the next time you are in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Loved my stay there! The bathrooms were spotless! The room was very large and well furnished. Carpet was clean and looked fairly new. The mattress was average but the sheets smelled powder fresh. The breakfast was slightly above the usual continental breakfast and includes biscuits, eggs, sausage gravy, bagels, muffins, regular and strawberry waffles, fruit and yogurts. The only negative I can think of was that late checkout was only a thirtry minute extension from normal checkout. But overall, two thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2012
Clemson, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed for one night in July 2012. The suites are large, and the king bed was positively luxurious. The bathrooms are very clean with plenty of towels. When I checked in, the staff at the desk was very friendly and assured me if there was anything else I needed, they would be happy to assist. I visit Columbia every two weeks to see my husband who is in AIT at Fort Jackson. I've stayed in 4 other hotels here, and this is by far the very best. It's a little further from the base but the improvement in quality makes it well worth the couple extra miles. I will definitely be staying here again and would highly recommend it to anyone staying overnight in Columbia. The hotel also has a fitness room and a pool, though I didn't have time to use either on this trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to your next visit!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here on June 7 and were very impressed with the hotel. The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was above average and the hotel was very close to shopping. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Harbison, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We have a great Team at the Comfort Suites Columbia that strives to be the best and give our guest the best customer experience we can. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and its our pleasure to serve you! Thank you for the opportunity to make a great impression on you and your family.

Been to Comfort Suites at Harbison? Share your experiences!