“poor customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites at Harbison

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites at Harbison to your Saves list
Comfort Suites at Harbison
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Saturn Pkwy @ Harbison Blvd (Exit 103), Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #40 of 92 hotels in Columbia
Georgetown, South Carolina
“poor customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

this was the worst hotel stay i've had with my wife and child. the front desk staff couldn't find our reservation when we first arrived. throughout the day our visit was constantly interrupted by drunk military personnel...when we complained to the front desk we were told that it would be fine and that we were perfectly safe, the problem was never addressed. We finally left at 10:30pm for another hotel after the front desk [person was disrespectful to my wife. Tried for several days to get in contact with GM and totally got the run around....Awesome customer service, i think not.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Margie R, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Harbison, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
I would like to take the time to apologize for the issues you had during your stay at our hotel. We try our best to make each guest's stay pleasant and enjoyable, and I am sorry that you felt disrespected. I can assure you that your issues have been addressed, and I hope you can try us again the next time you are in the area.

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Loved my stay there! The bathrooms were spotless! The room was very large and well furnished. Carpet was clean and looked fairly new. The mattress was average but the sheets smelled powder fresh. The breakfast was slightly above the usual continental breakfast and includes biscuits, eggs, sausage gravy, bagels, muffins, regular and strawberry waffles, fruit and yogurts. The only negative I can think of was that late checkout was only a thirtry minute extension from normal checkout. But overall, two thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2012
Clemson, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed for one night in July 2012. The suites are large, and the king bed was positively luxurious. The bathrooms are very clean with plenty of towels. When I checked in, the staff at the desk was very friendly and assured me if there was anything else I needed, they would be happy to assist. I visit Columbia every two weeks to see my husband who is in AIT at Fort Jackson. I've stayed in 4 other hotels here, and this is by far the very best. It's a little further from the base but the improvement in quality makes it well worth the couple extra miles. I will definitely be staying here again and would highly recommend it to anyone staying overnight in Columbia. The hotel also has a fitness room and a pool, though I didn't have time to use either on this trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to your next visit!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here on June 7 and were very impressed with the hotel. The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was above average and the hotel was very close to shopping. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Harbison, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We have a great Team at the Comfort Suites Columbia that strives to be the best and give our guest the best customer experience we can. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and its our pleasure to serve you! Thank you for the opportunity to make a great impression on you and your family.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. Good breakfast!! Lush towels and plenty of them. Gym and luxury accommodations. Great value.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Harbison, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank for leaving a positive review about our hotel. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have stayed at this location several times, the staff is very accomodating, the iron needed replaced in my room and was taken care of immediately on my most recent trip. The Manager's Reception is the evening is a nice place to relax, includes bevereages and appetizers but the appetizers go quick. There are plenty of restaurants in the area. A Walmart is located within walking distance if you need something the hotel may not offer. The room has both AC and USB outlets on the desk which is a big benefit for business travelers needing to plug in laptops and phones.

Room Tip: Located near I-26 you may want to request a room on the back side of the hotel so you do not hear In...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. I am very pleased that we were able to meet your business as well as your relaxation needs. Please come and see us again the next time you are in the area!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

My hotel stay was simply awsome, the room was clean and spacious. My bed was comortable and the jacuzzi tub was wonderful. the staff was nice and pleasant and willing to help at anything they could. I will recommend this hotel to everyone, the location was a nice icing on the cake.

Room Tip: If you are in need of some good sleep and rest then the jacuzzi suite will make you one of the happi...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites at Harbison? Share your experiences!