“Remember, it's cheap” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Columbia West

You added Motel 6 Columbia West to your Saves list
Motel 6 Columbia West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1776 Burning Tree Road, I-26 at St. Andrews Road, Exit #106, Columbia, SC 29210   |
Ranked #83 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Lexington, Kentucky
“Remember, it's cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

We routinely stay at Motel 6s throughout the country and this one was better than most. We have stayed in some where everything from the front door, to the smoke alarm, to the faucets have some sort of problem but this was OK. Remember, you get what you pay for so if you want more than the basics, pay more somewhere else.

Room Tip: Always check faucets, hot water, toilet flushability, etc. before you get settled in. If you like a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kansas City, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I had a reservation, but when I entered the room, it was trashed. It looked like someone started to clean it and then quit. The lady at the desk gave me a different room.
The room looked like it was painted by a drunk. There was paint on the door hinges and the towel rack.
And the towel! (yes singular) That thing belongs on a belt sander; same size and texture.
The caulking around the tub sealed in the public hair like a honeybee in amber (gross!).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

When me got there front desk worker was very friendly. The room looked like any other motel 6 , a little shady but not that bad. Bathroom door wouldn't close and our room smelt like weed. We stayed for four nights and it was 90 degree weather our first night we slept uncomfortably because the air conditioner was broken. We did call for them to fix it the next day and they did so. The second day they did not clean our room. Just fresh towels. The third day they just asked if we wanted house keeping service and were very friendly. I just asked for fresh sheets and towels. Once the house keeper come around we were in our room but told her we were about to leave. She informed us she was busy and asked us if we wanted to put the sheets on ourself in a very rude manner. The positives were the area was very convenient, the pool was nice, not to much disturbances and the shower was amazing. We did have young boys that were knocking on our door and running away. We just figured they were bored.

• Stayed May 2011
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Why was there a mouse in my room???!! Nasty! First he was in the tub, then in the garbage can. This was discovered at 3am. Our room was switched, to a king size bed for three people, My mother, myself and my 18 year old neice..shall I say uncomfortable. But to make matters worse, there were blood stains on the carpet in the room they switched us too!! Fortunately, the staff was nice about it and gave me a full refund. I then proceeded to get the heck outta there and find a new hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
bristol tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Do not stay here! We stayed here one night on our way back from Disney World, the room was NASTY.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

I was drawn to stay hear because of the price and location. It seemed very promising when I arrived because the front desk clerk was very friendly. All I asked for was a room in a quiet area of the hotel. She said that was not a problem because they had security on staff to keep the trouble makers away. Well I got to my room and it was disgusting! The carpet hadn't been swept in a very long time and the trash was full. The carpet was also very stained. Luckily I had two beds, because one was so sunken in, I had to switch to the other. I was still hoping that I would be able to atleast get a quiets night sleep. Well that ended around 8:30pm when the room next to me was obviously rented out to a prostitute who promptly began "working" around 8:30. Nothing worse than having to listen to that all night. I will never stay at this hotel again! Not recommended for anyone that has children or wishes to just get a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

ok,so when i first arrived at this hotel,as a walk in guest the rate was better than great! i payed 105.00 for two nights.had to pay extra for the wifi its like 3.00 a day.but okay that"s fine.got to my room and if able to load pics u will see what i saw. the room wasn't very inviting.no dresser drawers,do microwave no mini fride,bed looked a bit sunk in,but i was like hey! u get what you pay for.so i delt with what i had. that night while trying to sleep the pillows were very flat so i called front desk and requested another pillow.they said we do not have extra pillows.so i had to go out and buy another from wal mart.the next day i was getting ready to go and see a play at the arena i needed an iron i called down and requested an iron."sorry we dont have one" fine! i got dressed went out came back like 5 pm house keeping still working,but my room did not get cleaned.i waited they still didnt come so i cleaned it myself and just reused the towels and was cloths i had.check out i informed the desk clerk of my problems with service and the room.she didnt seem to care about the torn mattress with the blood stain.or the fact that it caved in or anything all she wanted to know was why i didnt call and tell them i did not get service.ugh! i give up. although the price was cheap and the locations was great. i would rather pay more for a better room so now im now at the days in which is great! if i could give motel 6 one tip it would be better customer service.o and changed your mattresses!! that's just nasty!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Columbia West? Share your experiences!