“Good for 2 night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Denver
“Good for 2 night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This place wasnt great but wasnt the worst...It was on a very dark unlit road past another motel which wasnt very welcoming and when we got there, there were tons of people loitering. I was only checking my mom in here so I felt worried leaving her at first & staying across town for the BTC. But, the hotel staff that night were so friendly and helpful and without question they moved her to the first floor when she said she didnt want to be on the 3rd floor. My mom enjoyed her stay and eventhough Motel 6 as a chain is barebones-the room was clean. The the main hallway smelled like a groudy gym locker but the room smelled ok. It was only $39 a night so it was worth it
My only complaint is that I was kept 5 minutes too long the morning I checked her out trying to get a refund for 1 night. The lady looked at my reciept then my ID and then agrued that my signature on the reciept wasnt the exact same as my ID and kept asking if I had signed it and kept saying I didnt when I told her I had. We were in a hurry to get to the ft jackson graduation, so I didnt appreciate that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night while attending a BCT graduation at Ft. Jackson. Very clean Motel 6. Personable staff. Well managed and convenient to the Interstate. Much better than most other Motel 6 operations I have used before. Paid $49 with tax.

Soap provided but nothing else. Bring your own shampoo. Vending machines downstairs. Two 'Waffle Houses' within a mile radius.

I would stay here again should the need arise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

What a dump! For a non smoking room there was a ash tray and so many cig. burns on the counter, sink. Dirt and grime in the corners of the the tub and sink. No bugs thankfully.

No shampoo, towls like sand paper.

I think this is mostly a section 8(monthly renters) hotel. Loud nosies all night, the person/persons staying in the room across have no respect for anyone else staying there. The room next to me would POUND on the wall sometimes( i was sleeping T.V was off)

I would never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ste Genevieve
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is a bare bones motel by today's standards, but was clean and the staff helped when asked and pleasant about it. They do need to update what their facility offers, such as fitness room, which no longer exist.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

We recently stayed here on our way home from Florida, The hotel rooms are very out dated, No in room coffee, old tv's, however staff are very nice, and the hotel is very affordable...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Greer, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Bring your own shampoo, hair dryer and some extra money if you want any kind of breakfast and wifi. Rooms are very spartan and very basically furnished. No refrig, no microwave, no coffee maker....nothing except a too-soft bed with 2 lumpy pillows and a chair. No breakfast of any kind...just coffee in the morning. Forget about a newspaper! TV channels are quite limited. TV is old style, small screen tube type.The neighborhood is not very pleasant...on the wrong side of the tracks. I'm here by myself and very glad my wife didn't join me on this golf trip to Columbia. I made a big mistake booking this place. I don't feel very comfortable here.

On the plus side, the front desk staff is pleasant.

That's it! Won't be staying at Motel 6 again!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!