“Do not go here the price is not worth it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Scottish Inn Columbia

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Columbia
Scottish Inn Columbia
You added Scottish Inn Columbia to your Saves list
127 Morninghill Drive, Columbia, SC 29210-7535   |
Ranked #69 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Florence, South Carolina
“Do not go here the price is not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

I found a review that said the guest would return to the hotel and enjoyed it so I went.... What a mistake! I should have asked to see the room because after checking in I found the place to be filthy, toilet paper holder broken, tiles around the tub missing, tiles on the floor missing and I didn't bother to check the bed it was scary enough.... I drove to where I needed to be to visit a family member in the hospital and I found a hotel almost across the street for the same price and it was reasonably clean!!! Nothing was broken, the lights worked, it had a fridge and a microwave as well and they were clean. I felt like I could put my food in the fridge. Needless to say I lost my money that night at the other place but I felt safer at the new location and the gentleman at the desk showed me his security camera to guarantee my safeness. Yes I will stay again at the 2nd place but not at the Scottish Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Couples
Columbia,SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

My Mother and I stayed in the nasty hotel after my brothers graduation. The only good thing about the hotel, ROACH MOTEL, was that it was closer to the airport so the taxi was only about $16.00. When we saw the rooms on the site they were nice looking, but when we checked in the room was so dark and depressing. We called down to the office for a new light bulb and they asked why I needed one. I told them the room was too dark and I needed a new, brighter bulb. They kept repeating "brighter bulb?" ! The bath tub was chipping apart. The shower was not cleaned, there were spiders and black hairs everywhere. My mothers pillows were all stained and had black hair on them. My eight month old daughter was crawling on the floor for maybe five or ten minutes, in brand new clothes, and when I picked her up she was BLACK. Her knees, legs, feet and hands were NASTY DIRTY!!! No chair in the room as it showed in the pictures. The towels were stained and dirty with black hair on them. I went down and asked for NEW "CLEAN" towels. When I did I was told that housekeeping went home at five! I told him I would be writing a bad review on the hotel and he finally said he would bring some towels to the room. After explaining for fifteen minutes why i needed the towels I finally got new towels. Can you say rude!!?!!?!! Also when we turned on the heater it smelt like it was on fire. The lock on the front door would not lock. The lamp shade had so much roach feces it was nearly covered. The olny other thing I can say is it was "THE WORST" hotel I have ever been to in my entire life, EVER!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

I called the property just simply to get rates and the young lady asked for my name, of which I provided, then she requested my phone#. I asked her why she needed it, after all, it is in the phonebook so it's no secret but why did she need it just to get my business. I wasn't even sure she was going to get my business until I found out what the rates were. When I asked the lady why she needed my phone# she replied "because everybody call her @ night wanting rates"..DUH!!!! That's her job but obviously no one has informed her of her front desk duties!!! After approximately 3 times of requesting her reason behind why she needed my phone#, as though I didn't understand her the first time, though I was actually blown away but her rudeness, SHE HUNG UP ON ME!!!.
..While I couldn't find any other reviews on this hotel I am happy to provide the first one...STAY AWAY!!!

Stayed October 2008, traveled with family

Been to Scottish Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!