“Excellent for The Price Differential!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #36 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Edgartown, Massachusetts
“Excellent for The Price Differential!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was very impressed with my stay here. My daughter had a cheer-leading competition in Columbia. I browsed prices of a few hotels that were directly in Vista area but the rates were much too high. I was able to secure a room on hotwire for under $100. Ryan at the front desk was incredible. He served us complimentary wine while bar tending the manager's happy hour and worked the front desk in the morning, and even showed up at my door when I called for maintenance to replace a lightbulb. The hotel is slightly farther from all of the restaurants downtown but is a great value for a clean facility with an excellent staff.

Room Tip: The executive king upgrade was only $10 and it came with a nice sitting area for more living space.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hiex C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia Downtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We appreciate your time for the great review about our hotel and staff. The front desk staff is always doing the best they can to make everyones stay as relaxing as possible. Thank you for the great review on Ryan we like to hear when an individual member makes your stay better. We hope to see you back in Columbia again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Awesome stay for just a short visit! The rooms were very clean and I loved the continental breakfast. All of the staff that I encountered were extremely friendly and accommodating, especially Mark at the front desk who was there when I checked in and was able to recommend some great places around Columbia. I will definitely be coming back here next time I visit Columbia!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that the rooms and breakfast are up to guest standards. We strive to make our hotel a home away from home. Thank you for mentioning staff individually as well. They enjoy to know they are making your stay special. Come back again soon and stay longer with us next time!

Cera
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My stay here in Columbia was very last minute. The late check in went very smoothly and the staff was nice. Our rooms had modern decor and were very easy on the eyes. Everything smelt fresh and the electronics were new. Breakfast was fresh with a variety of options but no fruit. I felt like we got above what we paid for although the lady managing the breakfast area was very overbearing and made the eating experience a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed January 2013
Hiex C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia Downtown, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Pickperson1,

Thank you for your review on our hotel during your stay. We are always happy to hear that the staff has made your check in experience and stay great. They strive to make all guest check ins run smoothly. Our hotel is constantly looking to update something to make the guest more relaxed so I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the look of our hotel. We also are looking into getting more of a fruit selection for the breakfast bar. I have sent you a private message regarding the breakfast attendant so I may find out more about the situation. We look forward to you staying with us again so you can see new changes the next time you are here.
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Used Hotwire to book this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. Went for a USC game and it seemed that a lot of other Gamecock fans picked this hotel. Very convenient to the stadium, downtown Columbia and five points. Bed was comfy bathroom was clean and the shower pressure was great. I agree with the other comments about rooms on the street side being somewhat noisy. My only gripe is with the front desk. When I use Hotwire or Priceline and prepay for my room I like to ask for a zero balance receipt as the hotel swiped my credit card. When I asked at this hotel I was told to get it from Hotwire not them. That is the only negetive I could find.

• Stayed November 2012
Cera O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your kind response, you are absolutely correct about this being the Gamecock hotel. We sell out for every home game and welcome fans from both teams to spend the weekend with us. And yes you are correct we can not provide a receipt from third party bookings. For example Expedia, Travlocity, Priceline, Orbits, Hotels.com, etc...... When guest book through these websites you pay them upon booking so they have all of your payment information. Our Hotel does not have a rate or your payment information, therefore we cannot provide you with a bill. We do require a credit card for incidentals and if you receive a bill it would be for breaking hotel policy or damages. Again thank you for staying with us we look forward to seeing you soon. Safe travels.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went down for the weekend to see the USC vs Arkansas game, and was very impressed by the hotel. Great location near the vista, our room was big and the bed very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was good and it was a nice touch with the happy hour of free beer and wine. I want to recognize the great service that Marc provided us, he helped us out whenever we needed anything and couldn't have been friendlier. The only negative things I have to say is in regards to the tv in the lobby only staying on CNN. I was told it was a hotel decision above the staff,we just wanted to have on sports center during breakfast and a football game at night when we hung out in the lobby. Also the weight room consists of a treadmill, elliptical and bicycle, hard to get a good workout in. The value was great and I have already booked a room for graduation at USC.

Room Tip: we got a room with two beds, they were both big enough to comfortably have fit 2 large people apiece...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, we appreciate when guest take the time to not only lets us know where we have challenges, however also when we are on top of it. We have since put in a request to permit us to change the lobby TV to display our home town college team. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Safe Travels.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here for one night. The room was spacious and clean, and the staff were friendly and courteous. Breakfast was decent. The only thing I didn't like was it's located on Taylor Street, which is a one way street. Every time we wanted to go somewhere we had to drive out of the way and circle back to wherever we wanted to go in downtown Columbia. This is fine if you know your way around Columbia, but we didn't.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor were noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cera O, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your trip advisor review, I apologize we can not change the location of the hotel, the one way street can be confusing at times. We do have a back exit/entrance that is helpful as well, and a great map we offer guest to show them how to get around. We look forward to seeing you again soon and wish you safe travels.
Clemmons, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Large room, very clean, exceptional and helpful staff. Beautiful hotel and great location for University of SC stay. Only negative might be the train noise during the night but you'll get that anywhere around this location. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent stay, we do invite all USC fan's, alumni, Parents, and students to visit our property. Thank you and safe travels.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia Downtown? Share your experiences!