“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Fort Jackson

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Fort Jackson to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Fort Jackson
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   240 East Exchange Boulevard, Columbia, SC 29209 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Fort Jackson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #48 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Pensacola, Florida
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

The staff at this Best Western was great. Whatever we needed it was produced w/a smile. Room was comfortable and breakfast was good, w/waffles. HBO wasn't working, but they credited our account for this service. We would stay there again. Within 10 miles of Fort Jackson, which we had a grand daughter-in-law graduate from.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

In terms of quality, this Best Western met our expectations. We didn't have any issues during our stay.

The only problem I saw at breakfast was that everyone had trouble with the waffle iron. No one was able to get their waffles out without them sticking, including my sons. The staff was quick to try to clean up. I suppose it needed to be sprayed with Pam before each use but there was none available.

Other than that, we had a very nice room.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

The staff is wonderful, helpful and will go out of their way to help everyone. We had a wonderful room, the pool was clean and the breakfast was very good. It was quiet in and outside of the hotel. If you are looking to stay near Fort Jackson I would highly recommend the Best Western on Exchange Blvd.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

First, couldn't find the hotel.. Got super lost had to call to get directions. Luckily the young man who answered was very nice and patient with me while explaining directions. Got checked in promptly and quickly. Hotel lobby was very clean and well kept. Room was very nice and clean. Breakfast was great, but Im not very picky. All employees I came into contact with were very pleasant and friendly. Got locked out of my room every time I returned to the hotel and they said it was my fault cause i carried my key in my purse? I dont trust elevators and Im glad I didnt use this one cause a girl got stuck in there during my stay. Also, the hotel gave me the wrong directions to the Fort Jackson base and I got lost and ended up missing my husbands family day ceremony. Stay was very appropriate for the amount of money, would recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: I got a room with a King Size bed, microwave, and refrigerator on the 3rd floor and everything was a...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Stephens City, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed at this hotel as a stopover on our way to Florida. It was on the fourth of July. The Hotel was relatively empty so we were given our choice of floors where we would like our room. The room was VERY NICE and clean. The desk clerk was very welcoming. There are queen-sized beds not double which is one of the main reasons we chose this hotel. Very comfortable beds and pillows and soft sheets. We did not stay for the breakfast. This hotel would be my first choice when We are in the area again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

My daughter and I went to my son in laws graduation at Fort Jackson. We had a wonderful stay. Your day staff was out standing Reggie was most helpful in printing out directions, helping us with what ever we needed help in. The greatest customer friendly person we have ever iencounter. Believe me we know great customer service skills. I hope this gentleman gets some kind of acknowledgement. He so deserves it. He made our stay wonderful. I would stay again with out a second thought. Thank you so much. Rosemarie Ventura San Antonio Texas

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Nice looking hotel from the outside and nice looking interior. Room was spacious and looked nice also. However, seemed to be lacking basic maintenance. Latch plate on door was broken so really had to slam door to get it to close, bath room sink had no stopper and I personally pulled several items of the drain including hair clips, toothpaste cap, and a straw which made drain go better, handle almost fell out of bathroom door, went and got a screwdriver from the clerk and tightened it myself, shower also did not work right. Reported these things to the clerk at check out.
On the positive the room was comfortable, decent breakfast selection. If they fixed the little things would be much better, wouldn't have anything negatve to say. Did not have a bad experience at the hotel by any means. There are several hotels in a row along this road and so people have lots of choices where to stay. It would be to their benefit to have everything in good working order.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Columbia Fort Jackson? Share your experiences!