“This Visit Improved My Previous Opinion!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Greenville, South Carolina
“This Visit Improved My Previous Opinion!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had previously visited only one of the four restaurants in this small regional chain. I was "underwhelmed." Since then I had avoided the one I initially visited along with all the others in the chain. A business meal at this one changed my opinion.

Everyone in my party enjoyed their selections. Hot food was served hot nd the salads were fresh, cool and crisp. Our waitress was attentive without being obtrusive and she got every order correct. I'll probably now re-visit the Arizona's on Woodruff Rd in Greenville to give them a second chance.

Only one caution: the fresh baked bread with their whipped butter is ADDICTIVE!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hampton Roads, VA
“awesome ambiance, awesome service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Myself and my family (5 kids included) visited Arizona's for dinner on a tuesday night. The restaurant was very clean and cozy. The service was awesome (I wish I could remember the young lady that served us), and wait for our food was not long at all (party of 9). The server was very accommodating and earned every bit of her tip (due to being a party over 8, gratuity was included). The food was awesome. I got the scottsdale chicken with coleslaw (amazing)! overall I highly recommend a visit to this restaurant when in the Columbia, SC area!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ate there 14 March 2012 around 1500. There were five of us. We had never eaten at an Arizona Steakhouse and it looked nice so we thought we would try it. Located in a nice shopping area. Staff was nice, place nicely decorated, service was pretty good, it was our waitress second day but it was not many people eating. We were a little disappointed with the food though. We had two send one of the soups back to get warmed up in the microwave. I was told they were okay. But we had to send the two Signature Sirloins back to be put back on the grill. My sister’s bake beans came out in a cracked bowl which we had to send back for a new bowl. She did not like her bake beans because it came with too much stuff in it, ground beef, sausage and other things. She said too many tastes and it was not working for her. I got the corn soufflé with my dish and could not eat it because it was like having a heavy corn bread with corn in it and maybe a little greasy for me. My one child’s House Sirloin came out okay. I have to admit the steaks were tender. My mother had the Homemade Chicken Salad and that was okay and my other child’s dish was the Scottsdale Chicken he said it was okay. The boy’s macaroni and cheese caught the boys (18 & 19) off with having jalapenos and some other things in it but they said it was okay. But for little children it would not have been good. The side dishes did not represent what you thought you would be getting. If they are going to put extras in regular dishes, then they should have it noted on the menu. I have been to Arizona many of times when my mother had lived there so I know how things should taste. I was not impressed with the food and can’t really say we would try this chain again, not unless, maybe in a different city or state.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, SC
“Great Place - My Treat for Shopping with the Wife!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We've been to Arizona's a few times while out shopping at Sand Hills and it was really good! They add there own style and flavors to Southwestern cuisine. I suggest you try the corn soufflé if you like the flavors of Mexican cornbread, except creamier. Also, it is one of the few places in Columbia that you can get a decent beef brisket BBQ. The Arizona Cheese Fries are a good starter to complement your meal. With the exception of their steaks - which are priced more in line with a fancier bistro - everything is reasonably priced, including their drinks. That said, I've never tried the steaks, but if they are as good as the rest of what I've sampled, then they are probably worth every penny. The restaurant has an interesting decor and the servers have always been knowledgeable and very helpful! Thinking about it I may have to take my Wife shopping this weekend.....

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, South Carolina
“Arizona in Columbia? Naaaa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I really enjoy, during the off hours, the atmosphere and the food here. Usually, when the restaurant is not too full the service is attentive, the burgers are actually cooked correctly during that time more often. I favor a more experienced server in that the less experienced tend to engage in a little too much conversation, leave that for the bar. While that maybe fine when they are talking to you, the other patrons may not like it much. The wait times for food is already challenging, and to have to wait for a protracted period of time because of a chatty waiter is a little much.

The only real problem I encounter, having frequented this place for some time is what I call the BOG! If the restaurant is full or if they have a huge party all focus on service gets lost. It seems that cooks get talkative, servers congregate around the few food stations and the hostesses seem annoyed that your annoyed. And, if you sit in the right location you can hear employees loudly proclaiming the patrons to stay away from, I suppose everyone has their moment.

Overall this is a decent bar and grill but much better just before or just after the rush.

• Visited January 2013