“Friendly and helpful staff go above and beyond my expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Columbia

You added Wingate by Wyndham Columbia to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   217 Lanneau Court, Jct. I-26 & Harbison Blvd. (Exit 103), Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #23 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mill Spring, North Carolina
“Friendly and helpful staff go above and beyond my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

The staff at this property are the mos cordial and helpful of any property I have stayed with. Any time you find yourself in Columbia, SC, this is the place to stay.

Jerome Boyce

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

I thought my stay at the hotel was very relaxing, my room was spacious, the breakfast was very good( eggs and sausage were a great addition), the staff including the General Manager Jennifer were extremely nice and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable! The location was also great because you were within walking distance to the mall, shops, and restaurants. I would recommend it to anyone needing to stay in that area of Columbia whether on business or with a family. I look forward to staying there again next year when we return for training.

Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

I have traveled all over the US in my last 25 years and stayed in all sorts of hotels. I was wonderfully surprised with my recent stay at the Columbia, SC Wingate by Wyndham. I got a great rate for a fantastic room. My suite had a full extra room that made for an excellent informal meeting room with my co-workers each morning before going out. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, quiet at night, and the bathroom a pleasure. Breakfast was standard fare but satisfying. Additionally, the staff worked with me and even followed up with a phone call on a billing matter. What service!! Many thanks.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

This was our second stay at the Wingate Inn. The hospitality is exceptional. The staff really makes you feel important and cater to your every need from the manager to the desk clerk to housekeeper. We love this hotel and will continue to come here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia, responded to this review, May 20, 2010
Thank you so much for taking time to do this review- it is a pleasure to see our
guests happy - please come see us again real soon
york, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

Went to see my son who moved to this area a year ago. This was a really nice hotel.It is centrally located. The staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and spacious. Breakfast selection was good. Would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
In this hectic world we live in- it is nice to see someone take the time to give us feedback
on our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our goal and we strive to make everyone feel at home.
Thanks for your kind words
Sterling, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

We traveled down to Columbia, Sc for a wedding. And after traveling all day with two small children I was so excited to check in. At the front desk, I was offered a complimentary newspaper and my children got little snacks! This impressed both me and my children. Our room was exceptionally clean. The bed were great, and each had 5 pillows! The linens were actually soft and comfortable. I forgot to bring shampoo, but the hotel had that and other bathroom essentials right there on the counter in the bathroom. On the way to breakfast in the morning, I had a newspaper waiting for me right in front of my door! And breakfast was awesome! My children made waffles and bagels, they were sooo happy! And I was too. I can't wait to go back and visit with the newlyweds! .....and to stay in the hotel again!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Menasha, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

Room was well decorated. Had flat screen TV, striped sheets and desk with hi-speed Internet access in room. Window air-conditioner was sort of loud and too close to the bed. Sink was too small especially if you had to share the sink with cosmetics, etc. Breakfast buffet was your typical buffet with make-your-own waffles. The only eggs were hard-boiled eggs. I was with a tour and some of the other tour group had problems in their rooms with loud bathroom fan and a very loud air-conditioner. I'm thinking this is an older hotel that has not been fully remodeled yet.

• Stayed April 2010

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Columbia? Share your experiences!