“good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Columbia

You added Wingate by Wyndham Columbia to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   217 Lanneau Court, Jct. I-26 & Harbison Blvd. (Exit 103), Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

room keys had to constantly reset everytime we went in and out of our room. Had to go out and buy an air freshner because room had a odor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Wingate by Wyndham Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is our goal to offer clean, comfortable guest rooms and excellent service to each and every one of our guests and we are sorry to hear that we did not meet those high standards during your stay. We are so glad that you brought these concerns to our attention so that we could make improvements for our future guests. We would like to take this opportunity to share a quick travel tip with all of our guests. Hotel key cards can be deactivated if they are kept in a wallet near a credit card. It is important to keep the key card as far away from credit cards as possible. While this may not have been the cause on this particular visit, we just wanted to share this trip for your future travels. Again, we are so sorry that you experienced these inconveniences during your visit and we hope that you will stay with us again soon so that we can provide the excellent service that you and all of our guests deserve.

Wingate by Wyndham Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
KENNESAW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was a nice place for a home base for Columbia. It was far enough from the city to be economical and close enough to enjoy the city attractions.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear travelbagel,

We are so glad that you and your friends chose to stay with us at the Wingate Harbison hotel in Columbia, South Carolina. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and hope that you had a chance to visit favorite local attractions such as Riverbanks Zoo, the South Carolina State House, and the beautiful Lake Murray Dam. We appreciate all of your feedback and positive ratings. Please visit us again soon at the Wingate Harbison hotel!

Wingate by Wyndham Harbison Management Team
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The exterior and even public visited interiors of the property are lovely. This is an OLD hotel with a renovation. My room had at some point had a water leak, with visible damage and mold stain on the ceiling. The drapery valance is visibly water damaged. The staff are lovely and surrounding attractions make the stay okay enough, but I will not stay here again. Be aware that this is a very OLD property with outdated everything. Sad. Looked GREAT from my travel advisory website. Buyer Beware!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear STCLT,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. First, we would like to thank you for the positive feedback about the exterior appearance, the customer service, and the location of our hotel. While we appreciate your kind words, we are very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We have recently renovated our hotel, making improvements to both the public areas and individual guest rooms. Our fresh look features new furniture, wallpaper, TV’s and more. We appreciate your comments and will investigate the room details mentioned above. It is your feedback that allows us to make necessary changes and better serve our future guests. Please contact our General Manager, Michelle Parks, with any additional questions or comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia Harbison Management Team
Shelby, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel is in a great location in Columbia, SC... right off I-26 next to the Columbiana Mall and some great restaurants. It's actually quiet, too. The front desk was very efficient, and everything was really neat and clean. Our room had all the basics, including a refrigerator, ironing board & iron, flat-screen tv, and a single-serve coffee maker that dispenses into a disposable cup.The bathroom was spacious and the shower was great. The elevator was fast, too. I really liked the complimentary breakfast. They offered more than just the usual items, including scrambled eggs, waffles, hot ready-made oatmeal with toppings, and french toast. I was pleasantly surprised since it was a "secret hotel" deal and it was well worth the value of what I paid. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms should be fine since the hotel is tucked away from street noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear CoolBeansinNC,

Thank you very much for the five star review about the Wingate Columbia hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location right off I-26 near Columbiana Mall and great local restaurants. We appreciate the kind words about our efficient front desk staff, clean rooms, and hotel amenities. In addition, we appreciate the compliments about our quiet atmosphere, fast elevators, and complimentary breakfast buffet. We truly value guest feedback and are always eager to learn which amenities and services our guests like best! Thanks again for all of your time. We appreciate it and hope that you will visit us again soon at the Wingate Columbia Harbison hotel.

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia Management Team
north carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in Spring of this year. My overall impression of the facility is "average". There was nothing particularly memorable about the stay. The location is good, close to shopping and restaurants. The clerk at the front desk when we checked in appeared to have slept in her clothes, maybe they had just been that busy. We had an extremely noisy neighbor the last night of our stay who was slamming his door about every three seconds for over half an hour. I finally called the desk and the matter was taken care of quickly and effectively. From what I could determine, there were several follow up calls as well. I really appreciated this as we could not have slept at all with that kind of ruckus. We would probably stay here again if the price was good, but all things being equal would probably make another selection.

Room Tip: Didn't see that any reason to believe there is much difference in the rooms, although one corrid...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear irsmgr,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate all of your feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our close proximity to Columbiana Mall and various local restaurants. However, we are disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We strive to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and we are very sorry that we did not live up to those high standards on this particular visit. We truly value your feedback as it is information like this that allows us to improve and better serve our future guests. We would like to thank you for calling our front desk team when you experienced problems with noise. Our team is prepared to do everything we can to ensure that our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay at the hotel. If an issue is brought to our attention, we will do everything we can to resolve the problem immediately. Again, we really appreciate all of your time and hope that you will stay with us again soon so that we can provide the excellent service that you and all of our guests deserve.

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia Harbison Management Team
Crestline, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We went to Wingate for my son's graduation from Basic Training at Fort Jackson. When we first arrived I wasn't overly impressed. The hallways near the elevator were nice. The hallway carpeting was gross. I think if they switched out that carpeting it would look better.

The rooms weren't horrible. But, we had a deal for 69 dollars for three nights - a special for graduation. Overall, for what we paid, the accommodations were nice. I will say that there are much closer hotels. I didn't enjoy the drive to the base and it was far longer than the 15 minutes advertised. The breakfast was pretty much standard. The pool was outside, not great. But, we knew that when we reserved.

It is across from the mall which was awesome. Because graduates all seemed to want to get cell phones lol, the arrangement worked out perfectly. Our son just wanted to relax, eat and watch television afterward. There is also a great food court at the mall to satisfy his want for food he'd missed. So, we got his cell phone (many graduates showed up) and then went across the road to our hotel room where he relaxed. Everything was so much less chaotic than it was on base, so it made it nice. The distance from the base worked out for us because of the mall being there. Just be careful to leave way before rush hour for graduation and Family Day.

It was just my husband and myself on the trip.

The Sports Bar next to the hotel has terrible food - word of warning. Their drinks were not very good either. They tasted watered down or something.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I made a reservation and told the clerk I would be arriving after midnight. She assured me that this was fine. But, when I arrived at 12:30 am, extremely tired, I found my reservation had been canceled. All rooms within a 20-30 minute drive were full and I had nowhere to stay. The clerk had taken the wrong credit card number down as well as an incorrect cellphone number. I was told that their policy was to cancel a room when the credit card did not go through and the traveler couldn't be reached on the phone. Had the numbers been taken down correctly, my credit card would have gone through and my cellphone would have been answered. My advice is to stay at the Holiday Inn Express at the Garner's Ferry Exit off I-77. They have their act together.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
SCBeachGirl2010,
I would like to apologize about your experience at our hotel. We regret that you did not get to experience all our hotel has to offer. Should you decide to give us another chance, I assure you that this will not happen again during your next visit. Please contact sales@columbiawi.com next time you come to town so I can personally take care of your reservation.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Columbia? Share your experiences!