“No strong complaints, but far from fantastic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Columbia

You added Wingate by Wyndham Columbia to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   217 Lanneau Court, Jct. I-26 & Harbison Blvd. (Exit 103), Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“No strong complaints, but far from fantastic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Overall I have no significant complaints other than the hot tub appeared to be permanently broken (hence they had a professional sign made saying it was closed). Given it was bad weather and the pool was outside, it would have been nice if they could have fixed the hot tub.

Overall the room was fine, if basic and the service we encountered was decent.

Had I not paid about the same money a month earlier for the Embassy Suites (I did both via Hotwire and both are rated 3 stars with them), I probably would feel better about this place, but the ES, while a tad more dated in decor, just gives you a whole lot more for your money (open bar at happy hour, free full breakfast including an omlette station, and a full suite as opposed to a small room).

It also didn't help that all of the milk (in single serve containers) was bad at the continental breakfast and the coffee urns were empty during our whole breakfast as well.

Lastly, the hotel is pushing the heck out of The Avengers movie (you see it everywhere including on the room keys), so naturally I assumed it was available as a pay-per-view. Got all excited and it was nowhere to be found, which of course begs the question "why promote something I can't purchase?"

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to do a review- yes, our indoor spa is closed down
as we are in the process of making new plans for that area.
I do hope you will come back to see if should you be in the Columbia area again.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Drums, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I recently stayed at this facility with a large group from IAP Worldwide Services on a 12 day training mission. It was, without a doubt, one of the most pleasant hotel stays I've ever had. All members of my group felt the same way. The staff was friendly, courteous, and eager to please in any way possible, especially Jennifer Perry and night clerk Jimmy. Congratulations on a first class facility and staff.

John Finnegan
Pennsylvania

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
It was truly a pleasure being of service to everyone involved with the IAP group.

I do hope the entire group returns to the Wingate real soon- they became like
part of the family. Thanks for the review- I will definitely pass this onto all my
staff

Jennifer Perry
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Appeared to be nice, public areas are very good, bathroom needed serious cleaning which it didn't receive during our two night stay.

Wifi and breakfast good, easy access and parking.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to do this review. I will pass this along to the executive
housekeeper- please know your comments serve as a tool to better serve all our
guests

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is the third stay over a period a period of three years, each stay has been 5 to 11 days in length. Each time upon entering the front door I have been greeted with smiles, hello's, and a warm welcome, and the most usually come from Jennifer Perry. She is one of those rare people today that goes out of her way to make sure you are enjoying your stay and want for nothing that can make your stay better. In the many days of staying here I have over heard guest make comments at breakfast, on the elevator and fellow workers that stay here, make the general comments that they also really enjoy there stay. I'm not sure what could be done to make it better, the staff become almost like family after a few days. Jimmy J

Room Tip: I havn't had a bad one !!! They have all been good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write this review- I will definitely pass this onto my staff.
It is so nice to see that people appreciate all the hard work we do.

Please come back to see us when in Columbia

cola, sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I'm old school and expect things to work properly - the first and every time. My room key card did not. The front desk attendant offered another, but I was exapserated, tired and wilted from the heat and humidity. I was picking up my bags to leave when Jennifer, the manager entered the lobby.

She made me feel welcomed and wanted. The clerk said all of the right things, he was trained well, but he didn't care. Jennifer made sure the new keys worked, comped the night and followed up to make sure everything was to my satisfaction.

She understands customer service. I appreciate her professionalism. The next morning she was busy bussing tables, restocking the breakfast bar and speaking to the guests. I was impressed and wanted to offer her a comfy chair and find out how she does it all!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Martha- thank you so much- This was wonderful to see first thing on a Monday morning.

Your comments serve as a tool to better serve all our guests so thank you so much .
Please come back to see us should you be in this area again.

Concord, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

This was our first time at Wingate by Wyndham and it will not be our last! The room was very clean, the beds very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was great! We had our grandsons with us and spent a couple of days in Columbia. The lady who checked us in gave us many suggestions of places to take the boys and the hotel offered tickets to the zoo at a great discount. We liked the location of the Hotel, right at the mall and near many restaurants, movie theater and the interstate! I have already told 4 of my friends. I will look for Wingate By Wyndham Hotels for future stays when we travel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
JPManager, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
This review was top notch- thank you for taking time to do this- It is wonderful to
be able to pass such great comments onto my staff. I am sure it will make their day-
it made mine!
Piedmont, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Great location-- right off the road of great shopping, great restaurants, and the interstate to downtown (just not great traffic!). Service is also wonderful. The rooms are clean, neat, and very pleasant to occupy. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
JPManager, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you so much! I love coming into work and checking TripAdvisors- I hope you will
come back to see us when you are in this area again. I appreciate you taking the
time to write this review

GM

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Columbia? Share your experiences!