“HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Tallahassee
“HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The experience was horrible. The female manager was clearly acknowledging that she does not like African Americans. I never experienced racism until I stayed at this place. The rooms were horrible. Please DO NOT STAY THERE. Convenience is not always good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

There employees are rude miscourteous there rooms are terrible didn't seem clean enough fridge was filthy sheets were smelly and old

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Let's face it - it's a Super8, not The Trump.

But having said that, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable after a fourteen hour drive across the country. The bathroom was stocked with various ammenities and although the breakfast area the next morning was incredibly small (only one small table with three chairs), it was still free and what was offered was enough to tie us over until lunch.

Nothing to boast about, but nothing to really complain about either!

Kansas City, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We were on our way to St. Louis from Kansas City. The room was over priced and a smoking room, last one left. The attendant gave us a bottle or room refresher, which didn't work. We smelled of ciagarette smoke, left as soon as possible. The smoke was even in the mattress. I brought a candle, was the attendant didn't have any matches, because of a fire hazard. A big discount should have been given because of the poor air quality of the room. We should have driven on.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

The lady who I'm guessing is the owner was rude. We stayed here as we are truck drivers, and instead of running our truck we'll often stay in a motel. This is for sure the rudest operation we've encountered. We paid $15 a day extra for our dog who is well behaved most of the time. But the first day she (the owner) stood outside our window and stared in to our room, and our dog was pretty upset about that, and put his paws up on the a/c unit, which we don't allow him to do, and she's yelling in the window.."GET THE DOG OFF THE AIR CONDITIONER!" As she stood there staring in to our room.

Later we were looking for my cell phone and I thought maybe I dropped it near the entrance when we had checked in. So I went in to the office...no one there and waited and nobody came. So I left and came back a while later, and she was there. I asked her if anyone turned in a cell phone, and she became very defensive, "We haven't CLEANED your room because you have a big dog!"
Okay...."but did anyone turn in a cell phone?"
And she repeated what she said. I figured that was a waste of time, so left.

Plus the office was kind of strange in that there was a pillow and blanket on the couch in the lobby as if someone had slept there..that was odd.

This morning he had to do his business, so I walked him across the parking lot to an arborvitae bush and he did his thing. I heard someone yelling, and looked, she was yelling something about having vegatables growing there (looked like a bunch of weeds to me...so who knows). She was very hard to understand, so I'm not sure what she was yelling. I just walked my dog away and made sure he was done and headed back to the room wondering what vegatables she had growing there.

Thankfully we're checking out this morning and will be sure NOT to stay at any Super 8 if the attitude of management is such as this woman was.

Yes, the bed was hard as a brick..the bathroom could have been cleaner for sure as well.

Next time we'll stay someplace else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Mount Olive, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

when we arrived there was no one in the main lobby to check us in and it was extremely small i had to wait until the boy came from upstairs and den he charged us and he was extremely nice so we went into the room and it smelled liked someone threw a million moth balls into the room to try to cover up a bad smell it was horrible it was extremely hot we had been driving all morning and shopping all day so when we went it was around 9 pm and we were ready 2 jump into a fresh cozy cool bed but it just didnt end up that way we had to wait about 2 hours until the room cooled down and it was aproblem becuz the curtain was hanging right above the ac and the air was going under the curtain instead of out into the room so my husband and i decided 2 sit our shoes against the curtain so it cud stop flapping. the smell eventually went away i guess it was from where the room was closed for such a long time but we had to put our towels across the bed becuz we just didnt feel comfortable sleeping in the bed we hardly got any sleep. so the next morning we decided to go to walmart and buy 2 comforters and 2 pillow cases we spent about 200 just to stay at the hotel comfortably i wouldnt recommend this hotel to any one and we had to pay 2 different prices for the 2 days that we stayed there the first night was 54 and the second day was 56 i didnt seem to understand why the price had changed it was weird. defenitely wouldnt recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

Well we stayed here because it looked nice... lol went into the room Room # 218. and went to the bathroom and could not shut the door. because the toliet sat out to far in the Floor it would not let the Door Close... So I called the Front Desk and told the Young Guy that was there about it. he said he would move us to a nother Room but the Cost would go up.. well my sister -n- law was down from me so i had to use her bathroom.. the Room sucked.. bad. Surives sucked.. when we went to check out the next morning .. they had some woman working the Front Desk and I told her i was not happy with the Room and she acted as she could care less.. so i said i would like a refune and she said that i stayed in the room so she had to charge me that there was nothing Wrong with the room.. and was very rude to us.. she cussed us.. and said we had to leave or the police would be called... well when i got home i called the head office for Super 8 Motels. and I am waiting on someone to call back..... Don';t stay at this PLACE KEEP GOING <<<< I wished i would had seen all the bad luck everyone was having with this place i would had kept going my self.... Someone needs to shut these people down... they are NASTY

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Columbia? Share your experiences!