“Great Stop on Long Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #49 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Ortonville, Michigan
“Great Stop on Long Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

My family stayed at this Country Inn & Suites during our long 20+ hour drive from the greater Toronto area to Orlando. We have stayed at Country Inn & Suites hotels in the past and are always pleased with the cleaniness and space provided. This location was very convenient as we were heading from I-77 to 26. The hotel was a little difficult to find as it sits back off the road and there are many other hotels surrounding it. My husband felt the bed was a little too hard for his liking. I found the bed to be fine and wondered if his back was just tired after 14 hours of driving. There are plenty of amenities available but we were unable to enjoy them as we were too excited about seeing Mickey Mouse the next day. We did grab some breakfast before heading out and were pleased to see that it was set up well before the normal Saturday start time.

• Liked — Size of room
  • Disliked — Hidden location
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
1,608 reviews 1,608 reviews
1,519 helpful votes 1,519 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2007

This a wonderful, well run hotel off exit 9 of I-77. It is convenient to Fort Jackson and an easy drive into downtown without getting on the interstate. It is very clean and inviting with a very good breakfast bar, indoor pool, jacuzzi and exercise room. The staff, especially Mark, the manager, were very pleasant and helpful. We asked and got a quiet room in the rear. There are many inexpensive dining options nearby on Garners Ferry Road. The only negative, for us, was we felt that the pillows could be firmer.

• Liked — Helpful, pleasant staff
  • Disliked — Soft pillows
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Daphne, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2006

Stayed here on business. Got a discount rate (<$60) since meeting booked block of rooms.

Hotel very nice, clean. Room, bathroom very clean. Walls, carpet not showing age.

Hotel had execise room and indoor pool and jacuzzi--which I was unable to use.

Breakfast room larger than average and nicely stocked.

I had to share a room that did not have two beds. Room had a kingsize bed and a pullout bed. I got the pullout and it was not the most comfortable bed to be had but all pullouts are usually that way. This was my only minor complaint.

Only had one person manning the desk in the morning when many of us were checking out and that took more time than should be necessary. They should have had another person at the desk.

• Liked — Cleanliness, amenities
  • Disliked — Located near end of service road, not the most attractive street.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wiesbaden, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2005

Allow me to be the first person to write a review of the Country Inn and Suites. I think it deserves to have something written about it. I stayed at the Country Inn for 13 nights in April because I was attending a training class in Fort Jackson.

The positives: Very clean hotel with a good continental breakfast in the morning, which is complimentary. It includes cereals, bagels, waffles, fruit and juices. There is a pleasant smell of cinnamon throughout the hotel and my room. It is nice to come home too. The rooms are very good sizes with a nice sitting area and fold out couch. The bathrooms have plenty of room, but it would be tight with two people. Location is a positive and a negative for me. The positive side is that it is only 2 exits down from Fort Jackson, which would allow everyone to stay clear of the hustle and bustle up there. It only takes 5 minutes to get there. Also, the hotel is located right off I-77 which is very convenient. There is a very nice pool and hot tub inside and there is a guest laundry service which I have used. Also, housekeeping is very punctual and they waited until later in the day on the weekends before starting their rounds.... I appreciated that. One final thing is that the hotel offers free high speed internet in every room. It is very simple to get on if you have an ethernet card. I found this extremely useful.

The negatives: Not very many except for one aspect of location. The main road that this hotel is on has very lousy restaurants and there is nothing to do unless you go downtown or up a few exits. Not the hotels fault exactly, but it is noteworthy.

Other: I know alot of people who stayed at the Carolinian and they have said it was a complete and utter nightmare. I took a day trip to Charleston over the weekend and it took me 2 hours to get there from the Country Inn.

Overall, a very nice stay and I recommend it to anyone coming to Columbia or Fort Jackson.

Stayed April 2005

Been to Country Inn & Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!