“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Bush River Road, Columbia, SC 29210 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
$60 (USD)
Ranked #20 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Liberty, SC
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I frequently stay here for business. The staff are very friendly and treat me like family. I feel safe here and if I have any needs or problems, they always help me. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. I would recommend this Comfort Inn to anyone. Try it and see.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

NCI-AGM, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Myra W,

We are always delighted to see you when you arrive. We value you and the business you bring to the area and Comfort Inn Columbia. Thank you for your continued loyalty to us and the Choice Hotels International brand.

Thank you for your kind words and we will have your room waiting for you when you arrive again!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Overnight there one night for business. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Shuttle service to the airport and breakfast. Got upgraded to a suite - which is always nice. It was above the entrance, so some of the noise from the lobby trickled in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
NCI-AGM, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear PAdives,

First let me say thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Columbia for your recent business trip to the area. I am delighted you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle services to and from the airport. I am pleased our staff accommodated you and upgraded you to one of our King suites we had available upon your arrival. With that being said, I apologize for any inconvenience the noise in the lobby caused you in regards to loss of sleep. In the future when you stay with us we will not have a problem moving you if you let us know of any problems you are experiencing during your stay.

Again, thank you for selecting our Comfort Inn and Choice Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

oceanbreeze88
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this location several occasion during Carolina Gamecocks football games as well as the baseball home games they had over the weekend and through year round and never had any issues. I've booked at this location based on customer views that had recommended me staying here and i'm shocked to see bad reviews that people are writing on here. I've had my rooms neat and clean with fresh air freshener smell when you walk into the room. Breakfast was great with a lot of variety of hot and cold food. I'll definitely will be back to stay and will drag my friends to stay here with me during game and events when I'm in Columbia. Thank you for the great stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear oceanbreeze88,

We are pleased you are happy with our hotel and keep coming back during Gamecock football and baseball seasons to stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and our future guests.

Like you mentioned, we do offer a variety of hot and cold items on our breakfast buffet, all of which is complimentary to our guests. We also have free wireless internet, a business center and free parking!

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments. We welcome you back for the upcoming season.

Regards,
Cantonment, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were part of a group who had prepaid for luggage assistance. We got NO assistance and all of us, being seniors, had to drag our own luggage to our rooms. The room was not clean and had a bad odor and breakfast left a lot to be desired. Also, when we arrived, employees were to have our keys ready which they did not and this required a long wait on our bus before we could disembark to get our luggage. The desk clerk was very rude and acted like she could have cared less whether she had 35 guests waiting for a room. Also, all of the rooms was supposed to have been non-smoking and one room reeked of smoke. We also had to deal with the same rude clerk to attempt a room change which we FINALLY were able to get after much wrangling.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
NCI-AGM, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear trees6,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. We work to the best of our ability with the information we are given to help make all our guests, especially our travel groups have the best accommodations possible.

We apologize for the inconveniences while visiting our hotel. We strive for excellence and sorry to hear we failed to meet your expectations. If you would like to speak with me in more detail regarding this staff, feel free to contact me directly. I welcome your comments.

Thomasville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I travel with my job and the Comfort Inn in Columbia is my hotel of choice when I am in Columbia, SC. The staff, especially Vijay are always so pleasant! Nice clean rooms and a great hot breakfast bar!

Dear Lorrie G,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel while traveling to Columbia on business. We are hard at work to make sure all our guests always feel welcomed when they return. I will be sure to share your comments with Vijay and the rest of the staff.

Again, thank you for letting us know how we are doing and choosing Comfort Inn Columbia.

Regards,
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I travel 4 nights a week, 50 weeks a year. When I am in Columbia, SC I stay at the Comfort Inn on Bush River Road. The rooms are always exceptionally clean and everything is in working order. The breakfast food is fresh, well prepared and well presented. The rooms are quiet and the beds are comfortable. The price is extremely fair. But, the most impressive part of staying at this hotel is the Professionalism of the staff. You will be served as if you are staying at a $400.00 a night hotel. The staff is well educated, extremely polite, well dressed, and has a service mentality.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
NCI-AGM, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear glass54258,

We thank you for taking the time to express your comments about our hotel and professionalism you expect to receive from the staff when staying at the Comfort Inn Columbia. As you can see, we take an immense amount of pride with ensuring all our guests, new and reoccurring, are well taken care of every time they visit us.

With all the options in lodging today, we appreciate you choosing to always stay with us and your continuing loyalty to Choice Hotels. Thank you again for your kind words of appreciation, and we look forward to serving you again when in the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way back to Michigan with our grandchildren and had a delightful experience. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was free, which is nice since it had waffles eggs and sausage. I would recommend anyone to visit here.

• Stayed April 2013
NCI-AGM, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Mamamia_2002,

We appreciate you sharing your pleasant recent experience with our staff and future customers of Comfort Inn. We value all our guests and make every necessary accommodation to ensure all our guests have a memorable time during their visit. We are pleased you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet, which consists of biscuits, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, make-your-own waffles, sausage patties, assorted cereals, fruits and pastries with juices--all complimentary.

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Columbia and Choice Hotels. We look forward to providing you with your lodging needs again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Director of Sales

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!