“Smelly, Dirty, Small Rooms, Loud...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Bush River Road, Columbia, SC 29210 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
$70 (USD)
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ohio City, Ohio
“Smelly, Dirty, Small Rooms, Loud...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I chose this hotel based upon the reviews on this site. That was a mistake. Traffic was terrible getting to the hotel. It is very close the highway and we heard sirens most of the night.

When we checked in, the lobby smelled like some type of weird food. The bad smell did not get much further than the lobby. The room was quite small and the comforter had obviously not been washed in a while.

All tables were taken for breakfast so we had to wait for a table to open up before we could eat. The breakfast was fine but it was nothing special.

While we were eating breakfast, three police cars arrived and consulted with the person working the front desk. The eventually returned with someone staying at the hotel and we had to listen to a loud disagreement between the desk clerk and the person that the police had brought down.

There is no chance I will ever stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear buckeye_bobcat Hilliard, OH
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com. Customer service and an immaculate hotel are very important to our guest experience, that's why myself with my team try our level best to keep up with that commitment everyday and for the same reason We do find ourselves to be an excellent value to our guests given the inclusive amenities and benefits that we offer.
I sincerely, apologize for the inconvenience that you had to face during your recent stay. Unfortunately, we do have some guests from time to time who disregard our policies and leave us with no option than get help from law enforcement.
I will review these comments with my staff to find ways to overcome your concern.
We look forward to seeing you back again so that we may show you how your feedback helped us to improve and deliver a problem-free stay to you. Thank you for staying with us!
Faysal, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We actually drive a few miles out of the way to stay here because of the reviews, and we are glad we did! The location is easy to get to, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was more than expected (cereal, breads, fruit, waffles, eggs, sausage and more!). The rooms were very nice and spacious and the beds were extremely comfy. The hotel is non smoking, but the halls smelled a little musty and the room doors looked dated. The rooms though we're fresh and clean! Overall a great experience!

• Stayed March 2013
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear MLA23:
I am glad to hear how pleased you were with your stay with us & so glad that you found our location to be so convenient. Our Housekeeping team takes pride in offering spotless, clean rooms to our guest & I will be sure to pass your praises on to them as they are always glad to hear such great comments, I hope to see you back soon.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We normally would stay with family when we visit. But this time we had to stay at a hotel for 2 nights. We started at the hotel down the street from comfort Inn. And it was nasty it was so nasty that we didn't unload the suv. We got our money back and drove up the road and their was comfort Inn. I told the desk clerk what happen to us prior and he asked if I would like to see the room first. I except and the room was very nice and the price was nice. We were scheduled to leave on the third day but we got a late start, and this time we had my mom with us. So thats 3 people instead of 2. The manager gave us a folding bed at no charge. And we got the same room. I look forward to my next visit and I would stay at the same hotel. Wonderful staff, room and price.

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Terry W Tulsa, OK
“Wonderful staff, room and price !”
I am very delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be clean & that you recognized our staff as being so nice! Our goal is to exceed our guest's expectations. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us, I hope to see you again soon!..& I will let Vijay know to keep up on keeping up.
Faysal GM
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Normal Comfort Inn amenities: coffee in the room, free breakfast, free wi-fi. This comfort inn is located off the interstate but you don't hear it. The room was clean and comfortable. It has several restaurants nearby. The manager and staff were polite.

I liked the layout of the room with the toilet and the shower/tub in a room by themselves and the sink/mirror were outside that in the entryway. When 2 people share a room, it's nice to be able to use the sink while they may be 'busy'! lol.

No problem coming here again or recommending it to others.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear teechur AZ
“Good place for a quick stay”
Thank you for taking the time to write your review for Comfort Inn, Columbia SC. We are glad to hear that you found our rooms to be clean & a good value at a great location. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit beautiful Columbia SC!
Adairsville, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel was nice but it didn't match the photos on the website. I didn't like the layout of the room. The bathroom sinks/mirror were right inside once you entered the room and the tub & toilet were to themselves. It made it hard to get up and get ready without waking everyone in the room up. The breakfast was average, they were running out of items constantly. The staff was really nice and friendly. The laundry room was on the 3rd floor which was rather inconvenient. My problems were the fact that they had several people who were living there by the week or longer and the owner/family lived on part of the 3rd floor. This put an uncomfortable feeling on us. Overall it was okay.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify the bed size and stay on either 1st or 2nd floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Deana B
Adairsville, GA, United States
Faysal GM
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stop and stay, Rooms are clean and breakfast is great. The Assistant General Manager was so nice, friendly, and upbeat. I highly recommend this hotel for your travel needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Melissa S Little Rock, AR
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay and your wonderful review. We strive to meet the needs of each and every one of our guests and we love to hear back from them, we do hope that the next time you find yourself in the Columbia area that you will choose to stay with us again. If my staff or I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

While I was recently traveling, I stopped at this Comfort Inn. I was greeted with a smile by the staff upon my check-in. And that was the great service I was given throughout my stay! Each morning breakfast was hot and fresh and upon my arrival back to my room in the evening; the room was superb. I tend to be extra critical but unfortunately this time, for me, I was unable to be critical over ANYTHING. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PhilJr1985 Atlanta, GA
“Great Value with AMAZING Service and Clean Rooms”
That's what I look for when I am traveling,
Thank you for your excellent review for Comfort Inn. Providing an experience above all others along with a great value to our guests is our highest priority. I have passed your praise along to my team who strives to serve all of our guests with the highest level of customer service. My staff is pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you and your dog back soon!
Faysal,GM

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!