“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Bush River Road, Columbia, SC 29210 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
$70 (USD)
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed at this establishment several times during my business travels and every time was the same. Exceptional customer service, clean rooms, comfortable beds and very modern settings. I will continue to stay here when in the Columbia area and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a restful night sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Wesley L Hendersonville, NC
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn, Columbia SC. We are certainly glad to hear that you found our rooms to be clean & a good value at a great location. We do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit beautiful Columbia SC!
Faysal, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Covington, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I travel for business and use this hotel 2-3 times per month. Recently remodeled, very clean rooms! Updated with current bedding, flat screen tv's and all the look and feel of a boutique hotel but at a far less than that of their competition. Conveniently located within minutes to the mall and downtown. Safe and well lit parking lot. I am always greeted by a very friendly hotel staff! I highly recommend this property!

Room Tip: Very quiet and peaceful sleep on new pillow top mattresses!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Andy W Covington, GA
Thank you for your recent comments about your stay at Comfort Inn. Our staff is pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel is centrally located to everything you need in Columbia within minutes of shopping, restaurants, night life and an easy drive to the downtown area, Lake Murray and Fort Jackson. Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to seeing you back soon!
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was impressed with the reviews about a year ago so risked trying this Comfort Inn on the strength of the reviews. I have stayed at several brands here in Columbia and some were excellent and some of the most expensive were the poorest quality and cleanliness. Columbia is a destination for the buyer to beware.

This is now my ONLY Columbia choice. Although it is not a new Comfort Inn, it has been updated with nice appointments and products. The small, simple lobby extends into the breakfast area and is filled with natural light that reveals consistent CLEANLINESS!!! Do not be afraid to lift up the waffle iron tray and check underneath. They actually move equipment to clean under it on a daily basis here. The Breakfast is standard, simple budget breakfast, but does include hot items.

Likewise, in over twenty nights in about twelve different rooms, I have yet to find a defect in cleanliness or equipment failure. The large LCD TV's work, the remotes are scum-free, the small fridge and microwave are clean and operate properly. There are plenty of lights in good locations with adequate wattage. The rooms do not smell "deodorized" as in too many Comfort Inns, but actually smell CLEAN. Usually the room temperature has been appropriately set when I enter, unlike those cheap places that turn the heat or cool off the moment a person leaves and the new occupant enters a stale, hot environment.

The staff is friendly and helpful and consistent. The same folks have been here every time I have visited. One couple seem to be on the premises at all times and they take pride in the operation of this Inn. This sounds corny, but they prepare the place as though they were welcoming family members, not strangers.

By the way, the exercise room has programmable treadmill, stationary cycle and elliptical trainer each of high quality and well-maintained. In addition, there is a hotel nautilus-type machine that operates properly.

This trip I stayed in the spa suite for the first time. The spa is located in a king-sized room with a king-sized bed, desk, bureau, stuffed chair, ottoman, big-screen TV, refrigerator, microwave AND STILL accommodated my massage table with plenty of room to roam around in between. The spa was the standard two person triangular shaped tub and was spotless and operating properly, much to our pleasure.

When I mentioned my appreciation to the general manager this trip, he immediately deflected my compliment to his "wonderful staff." That is true because they are both friendly and yet unobtrusive. I have never received any inappropriate or annoying treatment at this Comfort Inn. Still I imagine that much of the high quality is due to the standards and taste of the general manager, including his choices about who to employ and how to lead them. My compliments for a job well-done.

Bottom line is that, especially for the room rates, this is definitely the best bargain in Columbia, SC. It does not pretend to be luxurious, but if clean, comfortable and economical lodging is your goal, I could not recommend any accommodation higher than this Comfort Inn. I am grateful to the previous positive reviewers who turned me toward this property and offer this review as an enthusiastic confirmation of theirs.

Very highest recommendation!!

Room Tip: If you need plenty of room and like a spa bath, the King Spa suite is tough to beat. For romance, it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Quixote23188 Williamsburg, VA
“Many clean, comfortable and economical Comfort stays”
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your most recent stay and your wonderful review. We strive to meet the needs of each and every one of our guests and we love to hear back from them, we do hope that the next time you find yourself in the Columbia area that you will choose to stay with us again. If my staff or I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Beloit, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel looks average from the outside but inside it is nice. The ownwer is very friendly and makes sure that his guests are well taken care of. I was just visiting for one night but It was a good night and the hot breakfast before an early flight was a plus!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Damaris W Beloit, Wisconsin
Killeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn of Columbia S.C.(Bush River Rd) for two weeks.We found this hotel to be very clean extremely quite and the bed gives a touch of heaven,the staff are truly professional and friendly.Mr.Vijay,made sure that our stay was relaxing and pleasant.The parking area is very secure and lots of night lights,this hotel is convenient to restaurants,malls and walmart.What I truly enjoy most is housekeeper don't come so early in the morning.Comfort Inn of Columbia,lives up to it's name.Keep up the good work Mr.Vijay and staff,hope to see you during our next visit.Leon &Donna Jones

Room Tip: I personally enjoyed the lower level, room 123,is a handicap room but it was such a big room.Ice mac...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KilleenLeonjones Killeen
I am glad to hear how pleased you were with your stay with us & so glad that you found our location to be so convenient. Our Housekeeping team takes pride in offering spotlessly clean rooms to our guest & I will be sure to pass your praises on to them and Vijay also as they are always glad to hear such great comments, I hope to see you back soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I frequently stay at this hotel as my job consist of extensive travel. I would like to compliment members of the staff at Comfort in; specifically Vijay. I never have any room or service issues. I travel six states and live in hotels 4 to 5 days a week. I am a K9 handler for a pest control company and this is one of the BEST pet friendly hotels. I never have any problems in the room with cleanliness..such as unwanted pest or bugs. Never. The breakfast is VERY generous. Many hotels have very little to choose from. Not here! I will travel up to an hour out of my way to stay here. Thank you staff at Comfort Inn for making my home away from home so great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear; ForrestK9 Atlanta, GA
"WOOW-- Great Hotel"
I am blessed to work with such a wonderful staff, Thank You for posting the wonderful comments about Vijay. I will pass those compliments along to him as well. I greatly appreciate your taking the time to recognize him and posting your review. We love hearing from our guests and we thank you for choosing to stay with Comfort Inn, Columbia - Your home away from home.
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stopped at the Comfort Inn on our way back from Christmas Vacation. The staff is extremely courteous and polite. The room was clean and very quiet. Breakfast as promised. There was no trouble with staying with our small dog, small fee $15. Thank you for a safe and clean stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Traveler777_12 Fort Myers, FL
“Very pleasant stay”
Thank you for your excellent review for Comfort Inn. Providing an experience above all others along with a great value to our guests is our highest priority. I have passed your praise along to my team who strives to serve all of our guests with the highest level of customer service. My staff is pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you and your dog back soon!
Faysal,GM

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!