“Overnight stay at a convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   911 Bush River Road, Columbia, SC 29210 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Special Rate
$70 (USD)
Ranked #20 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Taylors, South Carolina
“Overnight stay at a convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed Thursday night, July 5. We simply wanted a jumping off point for an early-morning visit to the Riverbanks Zoo the next day. We had selected the Columbia Comfort Inn based on the online reviews we had read. Not only were the reviews filled with praise for the hotel and staff, but the staff also replied to the reviews posted. That's a level of responsiveness which is uncommon in the service industry.

When we checked in, we were pleased with our room. The decor was very nice, and the bed absolutely huge and comfortable. The accommodations, generally, were quite good, and the location convenient not only to the zoo, but also to restaurants and shopping, as well.

The only thing which bothered us was the fact that the lighting in our room was all CFLs. Yes, I understand the motivation to use energy-efficient lighting, but CFLs do not shed very satisfactory illumination, relative to incandescent bulbs. The light shed by CFLs can, in fact, be harmful to people with certain health conditions. That aside, I cannot be wholly comfortable knowing that, if I accidentally break a CFL, it can contaminate the room and its contents with Mercury.

Still, for one night, our stay was comfortable and reasonably-priced. Breakfast in the morning was pleasant and convenient, and the desk staff was sincerely solicitous of our impressions of our visit with them. Would we stay at the Comfort Inn, Columbia, SC, again? If we planned another such visit to the zoo, or other nearby sites, we would consider it. It might enhance our stay if the staff could squirrel away a few 100 watt incandescent bulbs for our room. ;)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Dear Ray F Taylors, SC
Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. I personally like to thank you for your choosing Comfort Inn. It is serving guests like you make our jobs worthwhile. You will always have a home away from home when staying with us. Exceeding all your expectations is what we set out to do every day. I will be passing your comments on to my TEAM who will be very pleased to hear about your positive feedback.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back soon!
Faysal, GM
NOTE: I will have some incandescent bulbs available for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

But for a momentary glitch in the A/C unit in our original room, the balance of the four days we spent at this hotel was WONDERFUL!!! We had originally booked for two, maybe three, days....but ended up extending to nearly a week!!!

Front desk personnel were always accommodating for our extensions of stay; the housekeeping staff were equally accommodating and worked with me on a daily basis to assure our visit was nearly flawless with regard to more towels..and garbages out...and linen exchanged. I appreciated Lilianna and Carla while there. I even learned a bit of foreign language while interacting with Lilianna!!! I was impressed with the "green" nature of the establishment in that they made us aware that "towels on the floor should be removed/exchanged; towels on the wall mounted racks were not, thus reducing costs/energy. I LIKED that part!!!

The free breakfast a treat that I looked forward to every morning. Coffee and hot water for tea were available 24/7 and that's REALLY important to me, especially when I'm away from my house for days on end.

I'm absolutely sure I'll recommend this home away from home to anyone who might ask for referral from me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Dear DEB M SC
Thank you for sharing your posting on Tripadvisor.com. It is an excellent testimony of our services that will spread the word about our hotel to other potential travelers. Our staff's goal is to provide you with an experience that is a notch above the rest, by delivering customer service at it’s finest. As the General Manager of my team, I am very proud to hear that we exceeded in accomplishing this with every associate you encountered, It is not possible without there support and hard work. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you back again!
South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The carpet was filthy. I spilled a little water and went to mop it up with one of the hand towels in the room and the towel ended up black. The corners of the room were dirty especially in the bathroom. There appeared to be peanut shells on the floor between the bed and the window so obviously it hadn't been vacuumed over there. I found a dirty sock behind the chair in the room. The bathroom had an area where part of the wall was missing/torn up. I informed the desk clerk the next morning and he said why didn't we come and tell him and he would have moved us. It was after 10 at night when we got back to the room and just didn't want to deal with moving as we had had a long day and was ready to hit the sack. Not sure if we moved to another room if it would have been better, guess we should have given them the chance to get a better/cleaner room. Breakfast was OK, nothing special.

Room Tip: Check the room before you unpack and go to dinner.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com. Customer service and an immaculate hotel are very important to our guest experience, that's why my self with my team try our level best to keep up with that commitment everyday and for the same reason We do find ourselves to be an excellent value to our guests given the inclusive amenities and benefits that we offer.
I sincerely, apologize for the inconvenience that you had to face during your recent stay. Unfortunately, we do have some travelers from time to time who disregard our policies by taking food and drinks in the rooms. I will review these comments with my Executive Housekeeper and will find ways to over come the issue of concern.
We look forward to seeing you back again so that we may show you how your feed back helped us to improve and deliver a problem-free stay to you. Thank you for staying with us!
Cornelius, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Do you need to hear your name said when you return to a hotel? They do it every time I come in. Do you like to feel safe and secure? They are at the desk all hours or in the lobby and keep a good eye out for you. Do you like a good breakfast? They have quite the selection.
I have to say that when I travel I just don't want to feel like I am just a number and a dollar bill to the hotel I stay at. I have stayed here over 20 times and always I get the top shelf experience. Oh and I can't go on and on about the beds, but I wish I had one of those at my house. WOW I sleep well there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear drkappasig Cornelius, NC
“Best hotel in the Carolinas” WOWW
Thank you for sharing your posting on Tripadvisor.com. It is an excellent testimony of our services that will spread the word about our hotel to other potential travelers. Our staff's goal is to provide you with an experience that is a notch above the rest by delivering customer service at it’s finest. As the General Manager of my team, I am very proud to hear that we exceeded in accomplishing this with every associate you encountered. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you back again!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We just stayed here as passers through, it was clean, well lit at the late hour we arrived, and the staff (2nd and 3rd shift) were friendly. The room was descent and well kept. We were granted late check out at no extra charge since we arrived so late. If ever passing through here again, we would definatley stop here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear mandtmommy Atlanta, GA
Thank you for staying with Comfort Inn, Columbia SC and taking time to share your valuable feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, and your stay was comfortable and upto your expectations.
Thank you again for staying with us and for making the Comfort Inn Columbia your home away fromhome, we all look forward to see you soon.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Our stay at the Comfort Inn in Columbia, SC (SC361) was wonderful. Our gracious host and his family and staff were always friendly and helpful. Their attention to detail and thoughtfulness included a treat for our small dog. Our room was spotless and the beds were comfortable. The parking lot has very good lighting. We enjoyed breakfast in their cheery dining area. Brenda

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kapadia, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Brenda923 Myrtle Beach, SC
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I’m so happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, your breakfast experience was excellent and your stay was comfortable and up to your expectations.
My team is the reason and It is not possible without there support and hard work.
Thank you again for staying with us and for making the Comfort Inn Columbia your home away from home, we all look forward to see you soon.
Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Nice clean pleasant hotel. Very very friendly and accommodating staff. Room rates were $20 cheaper by calling the national reservation center as compared to the hotel directly. The bed was very comfortable with a solid peaceful night sleep. breakfast was perhaps the weakest link

• Stayed July 2011
Dear TravelLife19 Englewood, Fl
Faysal, GM

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!