“Total Satisfaction” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia NE Fort Jackson
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1538 Horseshoe Dr, Columbia, SC 29223   |
Ranked #45 of 92 hotels in Columbia

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Savannah, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for a soccer tournament with the team -- several of the families switched hotels for their second night. Maybe because the hotel is pet-friendly, but our room had hair and dust bunnies in all corners of the room and bathroom. There was quite a bit of dust on the dresser and tables -- had it been that long since a guest stayed in that particular room? Bathroom was the dirtiest- the toilet seat had residue from the last guest, and there were wrappers in the corner behind the door. There were no toiletries either except for one bar of soap (front desk did give them to me when asked). The ice bucket had no liner, and one of the trash bins had some garbage that had not been cleaned out. Thankfully, the linens were clean, which mattered most to me when we arrived late in the day. Breakfast was nominal -- pre-packaged muffins, bagels, etc. and three cereal choices. No hot meals unless you wanted to make a waffle. The room was very loud, we could hear everything in the corridors as well as outside, above, and beneath us. Since all we did was sleep there, I stayed for the two nights. However, I will not be staying there again! Too bad, since the updates seemed decent and it was a convenient, albeit odd, location.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was very happy with my stay at La Quinta. The price is unbeatable for the excellence of what you get. I've paid twice the price at other hotels that were not any better. The rooms were very clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. If I had to suggest anything for improvement, it would be the shower water pressure. Plenty of hot water but the pressure was not what I am accustomed to. However I was able to adjust to it and I got a good shower.

Hamilton On Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is a little off the main street but don't let that bother you. It is clean, neat, adequate breakfast & easy access.
The price is excellent - with the AAA discount it was less than $60.00
We have stopped there a few times & it is comparable to the one further south at Fort Jackson but a better price.

WALLED LAKE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We find La Quinta's to be consistently good and this location is no exception. Keri checked us in with a smile & was still at the front desk when we came down to breakfast in the morning. She's a terrific asset at this hotel - smiling, friendly & helpful. The room was clean & quiet. The breakfast selections were fresh & plentiful & the coffee was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Upon check in, female clerk was not friendly, got in to my room and needed to iron shirt for work, called front desk and same female clerk, and told her my iron had broken wires and needed another iron. She said she would send one to me, well 30 mins later with no iron I found a house keeper who swapped mine out with another room.While in my room found garbage and a ton of hair in garbage can. Dirt on floor. Internet did not work in my room. Went to work, found a nice male clerk on duty at night and he allowed me to change rooms. Found one with internet working. Room was still not very clean. Bed was very comfortable. All male clerks at hotel were very polite and friendly. Each morning I would see the female day clerk show up in her Cadillac Escalad and park in the handicap parking with no decal saying she could park there. I thought this was very rude and lazy on her part. Location is very hard to find street to turn on to and they have night security to watch parking lot, that says something in its self.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Kawartha Lakes, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed there for the first time February 12, 2013. The man at the desk was very friendly and helpful. He did everything to make our stay comfortable.
The first non-smoking room he assigned, smelled like fresh cigarette smoke, the second room he gave us had a broken frig behind the door waiting to be removed and hadn't been completely cleaned, the third room we moved into was fine, not quite a clean as we had hoped but we asked for the $79. rate and got it. One night.....I can do this.
Can't stress how ashamed we are though, with the irresponsible dog owners at this and all hotels (our experience has been it's usually larger breed owners) who won't pick up after their dog poops. Disgusting people who shouldn't be permitted to stay at any hotel..... they embarrass this responsible dog owner.

Room Tip: Grab a coupon book at the Welcome Centre or Rest Area for any State....they really pay off.