Stayed here for work for 2 nights. Great location. Walked to dinner both nights. A lot of restaurants close by. The State house is very close-I was unable to go to the tour because of time, but looks like it is worth going. USC is very close, it was raining or I would have run there.
My room was clean. It was HOT outside and my room stayed very cool. I turned the A/C off for a little while one day. I was in a room down a side hall-and it was very quiet. I didn't hear people talking or doors slamming, it was nice. No problem with parking. It was during the week-so I imagine on the weekend it is a different story.
The gym is basic-only one treadmill. I went to run and someone was on it, came back about 15 minutes later and it was free. Someone came in and got on after I finished. Might want to consider adding another one. I did not visit the pool.
Breakfast is typicla Hampton Inn-great selection of breakfast choices. Clean hotel/lobby. Friendly check in staff. Really no negatives.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District Hotel
- Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District Hotel Columbia
- Hampton Inn Columbia
- Columbia Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time to the southern charm of the past in the historic district of Columbia. The Hampton Inn® hotel in Columbia-Downtown Historic District is located less than a mile from the University of South Carolina, the South Carolina State Capitol, and most major museums. Get a feel for the past by browsing the specialty shops and restaurants just outside our door in the Historic District, or get up close to history at the South Carolina Statehouse-both are within easy reach of our hotel in Columbia. Dig into more history at the South Carolina State Museum, the largest in the state. Our Columbia hotel also gives you easy access to natural wonders like Congaree National Park, one of the last old-growth forests in the south teeming with wildlife. You can also browse masterpieces by Monet at the Columbia Museum of Art. Ask the team at our Columbia hotel for more ideas on all of the incredible sights of this area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.