“Treated Champions like Champions” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard

You added Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   211 Lanneau Court, Columbia, SC 29212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Greenville
“Treated Champions like Champions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

On March 5, 2010 my daughter's high school basketball team checked in for a 2 night stay so they could participate in a basektball State Championship Game. The girls, coaches and parents were greeted in the lobby with signs of welcome and best wishes for the upcoming game. Once inside their respective rooms, each of the girls found more well wishes from the staff and management of the hotel. The morning of the big game, the breakfast staff made the girls feel special by ensuring that they were able to eat together as a team before the big game. WELL...they would the GAME..It must have been the special treatment they received from the hotel. We'll be back next year looking to capture our 2nd State Championship and hopefully when we arrive we will again be greated by kim Campbell and her wonderfull STAFF!!!!!!
Signed - The Southside Lady Tiger Basketball Team - 2010 AA State Champions

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

I travel often and stay at various hotels, thus I need comfort when staying away from home for so long. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff are accommodating and friendly. This is my first choice hotel when I come to this area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

While traveling for business I see a multitude of hotels within a year and I must say that this Holiday Inn Express has the best staff I have ever encountered, with several restaurants that are only a short walk away. Rates are good, rooms are clean and quiet...in general, one of the better places I've stayed.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

Myself and colleagues stayed at this hotel for nearly 5 months. I moved to another Hotel for 4 days and immediately went back to this facility. Great staff. Very accommodating and friendly. Enjoyed it and would most definitely return.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
St. Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

This has to be one of the best hotels in the Columbia area. Stay here - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Charleston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

I have used Holiday Inn for many years and am a platinum member of the Priority Club. My issue is that every morning I stay with them I get that knock on the door and "Housekeeping" is yelled. I stop by the front desk at check in to ask for this not to happen as well as put the "Do not Disturb" sign in the door,( these things I should not even have to do). At this Columbia hotel after a 9am knock and then the second 10am knock I was so rude as to yell can't you see the Do Not Disturb? Instead of an I'm sorry I was yelled back "Are you checking out today, if not do you need housekeeping? If you forget to latch the door and you don't answer quick enough they will walk in. I pay for this room until check-out time I don't think it is fair to rushed out.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Housekeeping
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

Took my 13 year old daughter to Columbia for a girl's weekend/spur of the moment road trip. After seeing so many car's pass us with USC flag's on their window's I started to wonder if there was a game, then I started to worry if we would have a place to stay. I didn't reserve a room, but I did look at hotel's and get a few phone number's before we left. I called this Holiday Inn express from the road and spoke to a wonderful young woman who not only confirmed there was a game, she assured me they had room's for the weekend. After hearing I was on the road with a child she agreed to hold it for me without a deposit since I was driving and couldn't get to my purse to get her a credit card number. Her direction's took me right to the right door. I wish I could remember her name because she deserves to be complimented to her boss. This young lady is what customer service is all about. Our room was clean, top floor in the corner, lot's of Georgis fan's there, but it was quiet. Being a single Mom safety is alway's an issue with me so I think it's important to say I felt safe there with my daughter. The mall as well as lot's of other shopping area's are right across the street, any restaruant you could want is very close by as well. I was surprise to find the young lady that checked us in back at the front desk when we left to go the the zoo the next morning. Once again her direction's took us right to the entrance of the zoo. The only problem I had was the older white woman that worked in the breakfast area. Our first morning there she spent way to much time gossiping with the other lady working and could be clearly over heard in the dinning room. This isn't really a problem, it just isn't a good work habit. She wasn't exactly rude, she simply wasn't very pleasant and it showed. I wouldn't let this stop me from returning again, or recommending it to other's. Everyone I spoke to at the front desk was very nice, pleasant and seemed happy to work there. I did wake up Saturday morning to find the express check out slip under my door and got a little nervous thinking I wouldn't have a room for that night, but the gentleman working the morning shift took care of it. He was also very pleasant. When we returned late that afternoon the door key's didn't work, so once again I got a little nervous. The woman working the desk solved the problem in less than 2 minutes and did it with a smile. I'm not sure why people have complained about this hotel. The location was great, right off the highway, but quiet and easy to find. Shopping, grocery store's, dinning and other thing's to do are very close by, close to attraction's. Parking lot isn't "shared" with another hotel or bar as someone else commented. There is another hotel right next door as well as a sport's bar. While both hotel lot's might be somewhat smaller than most, there is/was ample parking, the bar has it's own lot. I parked right out front both night's even though both hotel's were full. There was no noise from the sport's bar or the parking lot either night. Yes, I will stay here again. I only have two suggestion's to management. 1) Make sure people working in the breakfast area know their voices carried out into the dinning room and can be clearly overheard by the customer's. 2) Add some tourist info to the front lobby. It doesn't have to be a large tacky display, and include Columbia street map's.. Thank you Holiday Inn express and staff for helping to make our "girl's weekend road trip" such a success.

• Liked — Safety, location, friendly staff
  • Disliked — No tourist information in the hotel or any place close by
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard? Share your experiences!