“Best staff anywhere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard

You added Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #16 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Best staff anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We visit our children in the area several times a year and found that this property was the best by far. During a filled to capacity weekend, the staff treated every person as if they were the most important. The rooms and common areas were clean and well maintained. We will be back!

Room Tip: The room with 2 queen beds was sufficiently large to accomodate 4 adults without bumping into each o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Judy G,

Thank you very much for the five star review! We are so glad that you have chosen the Holiday Inn Express Harbison as your home away from home when you visit family in Columbia, South Carolina. We appreciate the kind words about our friendly staff members and clean, well maintained guest rooms. We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Holiday Inn Express Columbia hotel!

Holiday Inn Express Harbison Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was a patron at your hotel this month for a fort jackson graduation of my nephew. I called ahead to the hotel and spoke with "Todd". He assured me that my room was still available. When i arrived, he checked us in quick and promptly. He accomodated us during the night; as i came down and found him preparing for breakfast! I found the rooms here to be nice and clean, and all of the staff were very nice! I love the fact that you give customers access to golds gym! And the cookies and cupcakes....omg! Overall i am very satisfied and recieved excellent service! I will be a returning customer whenever i travel from georgetown and let all my family know!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear wanda j,

Thanks for joining us at the Holiday Inn Express Harbison for your nephew’s graduation at Fort Jackson! Please tell your nephew that our team says congratulations! We truly appreciate the kind words about our quick check in process, clean rooms, and friendly staff members. In addition, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the unique amenities that we have to offer our guests including complimentary access to Gold’s Gym. We cannot thank you enough for telling your friends and family about the Holiday Inn Express Harbison hotel!

Holiday Inn Express Columbia Management Team
North Augusta, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We checked into the hotel following our visit to the columbia zoo intending to rest; however, they were doing construction on the floor beneath us and it was rather noisy making it impossible to get any rest. There was also some sort of powder in the elevator, from construction im assuming. If it had not been for that i probably would have given this hotel 4 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Mason A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your feedback! We strive to offer excellent accommodations and customer service to each and every one of our guests, so we are disappointed to hear that we did not live up to those high standards on this particular visit. We have been working on several exciting renovations over the past few weeks which include updates to the guest bathrooms. We are truly sorry for any inconveniences that these renovations may have caused during your stay. In an effort to complete renovations without disrupting our guests, we are only allowing construction between the hours of 10AM and 7PM. We would like to thank all travelers for their patience and understanding while we finish up renovations and create a new and improved experience for our guests! Thanks again for all of your time and feedback. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we can provide the excellent service and accommodations that you and all of our guests deserve!

Sincerely
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We stay here every year on our way to the beach. It's a convenient location with plenty of dining choices. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. The shower heads are fantastic! Our shower was stuck on shower though and was a surprise when I turned it on. Overall good stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Krista F,

Thank you very much for your four star review! We are so glad that you and your family choose to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Columbia Harbison hotel every year on your way to the beach. We truly appreciate the kind words about our convenient location, friendly staff members, and clean guest rooms. Thanks again for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Chapin, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am a local here in Columbia. Occasionally I have my District Manager from Atlanta
staying here. The staff is very friendly and efficient. They treat her very well and always
have a room ready for her since she drives in from Atlanta.
The rooms are very nice, clean and charming. I would recommend to any business or
any traveler to stay here. It is also in the center of Harbison where there is a Carmike
Theater, Columbiana mall and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Kathie R,

Thank you very much for the five star review! We are so glad to hear that we can provide a home away from home for your District Manager. We strive to offer excellent accommodations and top notch customer service to each and every guest, so we are delighted to hear all of your positive feedback. In addition, we are pleased to hear that you enjoy our convenient location near Columbiana Mall, movie theaters, and various restaurants. We hope that you and your Manager will visit us again soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I stay here every week. Each week I have to clean my floor, the microwave, the coffee pot, indeed every surface I know I will touch. Service staff are wonderful, however, they seem overwhelmed with trying to control the cleaning staff. Some days, my room is not restocked nor is it cleaned not even touched up. I typically stay here two or three days every week in each week it is the same. The internet is spotty if you stay at the end of the halls you will have issue connecting. In some rooms updating is necessary as curtains are missing backing fabric, peeling wallpaper, things on the wall, and in general dirty and in general state of disrepair. Also, very loud as you can hear everything from the hallway. Not worth the price and I will be looking for a new location. I have stayed in many Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Suites or express and this is by far the most neglected and the most dirty. Finally, breakfast is supposed to be ready and it seldom is, I always have to ask or wait sometimes I don't have time so I do not eat. Disappointing and very sad as I have taken steps to clean my own room each time I am here I have to now pack antibacterial wipes.

• Stayed April 2013
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear mkitche,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are so glad that you have chosen to stay with us for your weekly visits to Columbia, South Carolina. However, we are disappointed to hear about the inconveniences that you have experienced during previous stays. We strive to offer excellent customer service and spotless accommodations to each and every one of our guests. We have sent you a private message in hopes that our General Manager, Melanie Walton, can contact you directly about your stay! This way, we can further investigate the situation described above and find you a room that will meet all of your travel needs. We really appreciate your business and hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide the excellent service and accommodations that you and all of our guests deserve!

Holiday Inn Express Columbia Management Team
lexington,ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The location is a little off the main drag but can be easily found . The front desk staff was friendly and some what knowlegable about area attractions. The room I had was a kingsize bed.It had a fridge and mircro wave in the room and the location was far enough off of I-26 that it was quiet. The thing that impressed me most was the caring of the weekend breakfast lady I think her name was Dorithy. She was working her tail off! She and I both witnessed a particular guest stuffing her travel bag full of goodies from the bar afterward I spoke to her about thisand told her i had seen the same thing she didnot mind anthing a person ate but it was unfair to the kitchen to take more than they could eat at a sitting. This spoke volumes to me as she was concerned that if this continued that she would be out of a job,or the price of a stay would go up. I would hire this lady in a heartbeat, shewould be an asset ton any place!

Room Tip: The cookies in the lobby are a nice touch
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear lookinforfish,

A special thanks to you and your friends for joining us at the Holiday Inn Express Harbison hotel! We truly appreciate the kind words about our quiet atmosphere, close proximity to Interstate 26, and friendly staff members. We take great pride in our hard working employees and love sharing positive feedback from our hotel guests. Dorothy and the rest of our team will be delighted to hear your compliments! Thanks again for all of your time. We truly appreciate it and hope that you will come back to see us again soon!

Holiday Inn Express Columbia Harbison Management Team

Been to Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard? Share your experiences!