“Really Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Really Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed here for one night and wish I could have stayed longer. The hotel was really nice. The room comes equipped with a refrigerator and microwave, and for the guys out there, a huge flat screen TV. The bed was very comfortable and they have a really cool feature where you can adjust the firmness of your bed. The hotel is also very nice on the inside with a bar, restaurant, and an indoor pool. I didn't get to experience everything the hotel had to offer because my stay was short, but if ever in Columbia again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
GuestRelationsMngrSS, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Kimberly,
Thank you for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia Northeast Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope that the next time you are in Columbia you will stay with us to take full advantage of everything that we have to offer!

Hilton Garden Inn - Columbia, SC (Northeast)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stay at this hotel during football season for the home games, and we have never been disappointed. It's a newer property, so everything looks fresh, clean and nice. The customer service is really exceptional, my husband got to be very friendly with Bill at the front desk. It's an easy drive into Williams Brice from the hotel, and it's a breeze to hop back on the highway the next day after a Gamecock win. I haven't eaten there, but I did hear from other guests that the food is very good. Overall, always a great stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsMngrSS, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Pat,
Thank you for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia Northeast Hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our exceptional staff! Thank you for continuing to choose us as your preferred hotel for the Game Cock season. Feel free to let our front desk team know if you have any special requests! We look forward to this football season.

Skylar Sperin, Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn - Columbia, SC Hotel (Northeast)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I spent two nights at this hotel for a friends retirement. I was very happy with every aspect of my stay.

The parking lot was clean and well lit at night. My check in was very fast with friendly service. My room smelled fresh and was very clean.

Breakfast was great. Each morning my group ordered omelets and enjoyed fresh fruit and coffee.

The hotel has a very nice and well stocked bar for evening drinks. The bartender was very friendly and even opened the bar early so my group could have a drink while waiting to go to dinner.

A few people in my group decided to sit in the hot tub one evening and noticed that the pool and hot tub were both very clean and well maintained.

This is a great hotel and I will try to stay here the next time I'm in Columbia, SC.

Stayed July 2014
GuestRelationsMngrSS, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Sharkswave,
Thank you for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, South Carolina Hotel (Northeast). I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope that your friend enjoys their retirement! We look forward to your next visit to Columbia, South Carolina.

Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The hotel was great, no problems. I had just driven over ten hours, and the front desk clerk suggested dining in the hotel restaurant. I generally avoid this like the plague, but I was beat and didn't want a pizza delivery. To my surprise, the salmon entree in the restaurant was actually very good! The staff was very courteous and attentive.

I will definitely stay here again.

You will probably drive past the hotel if approaching from I-77. The sign is set back from the road.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mister Ron,
Thank you for the fantastic review of our Hilton Garden Inn Columba Hotel (Northeast). I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a place to relax after your long drive. I am thrilled that you were able to dine at our onsite restaurant, The Garden Grille and Bar, and that you enjoyed the salmon. Room service is also available during dinner hours. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Columbia, SC.
Patrick Haire, Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia Northeast Hotel
Charleston, St. Barthélemy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I always enjoy the quick reservations and check in process at this property. The rooms are clean, the staff professional and the parking lots are well lit. In addition to staying here when visiting our corporate offices, I always recommend this property to our suppliers, customers and out of town employess when making the trip up.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GuestRelationsMngrSS, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Keith,
Thank you for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, South Carolina Hotel (Northeast). I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, professional staff, and parking. Thank you for your recommendations and for continuing to choose us when you visit Columbia, South Carolina! We look forward to your next stay!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This hotel was the host hotel for our family reunion. We stayed for two nights. The amenities were great The staff was fantastic. The only negative is our bed was too hard and the noise from the train we could hear in our room.

Room Tip: Get a front room because the back of the hotel you will here the train
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Classy1960,
Thank you for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, SC Hotel (Northeast). I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! To clarify about our bedding, our Garden Sleep System has the ability to adjust to meet our guests sleeping requirements. I apologize if this information was not communicated to you while you were a guest with us. I hope that you enjoyed your family reunion! We look forward to your next visit!

Fredon, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

First I'll start with the positives - the rooms were very nicely decorated and the price was decent for a queen suite. Now the not so positive - even though I found out ahead of time how to control the hidden knob on the side of the mattress, the bed was hard as a rock despite me putting it to the side which was supposed to be not firm. I actually mentioned this to the staff upon checkout, and she actually agreed with me that she never noticed a difference in the softness/firmness of these beds either!! The only other thing I would suggest to Hilton (once again) is to at least offer a complementary breakfast for the price you pay for these rooms at this type of hotel. The rooms are very comparable to Comfort Inn/Sleep Inn & suites or Spring Hill Suites, which all include breakfast with your room. It doesn't matter to me that name says "Hilton" when I can find just as nice if not better comfort at competing chains that include more amenities for the price!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor. I was given the choice of 3rd or 4th and made the mistake of choos...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Denise,
Thank you for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, South Carolina Hotel (Northeast). I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our décor and pricing. I will notify the General Manager regarding your concerns about our Garden Sleep System. Also, for future reference, please feel free to reach out to our front desk for details on our Bed N’ Breakfast deal, which includes cook-to-order breakfast for up to four people. Please email me at GuestRelations@HotelEvolution.Net to discuss your stay in more detail. I hope you enjoyed safe travels.

Hilton Garden Inn - Columbia, SC (Northeast)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast? Share your experiences!